IGNORED

IOmic Grips

Note: This thread is 2215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I enjoyed the Iomic grip on my putter, it's still on there. Took about a week to break in and get used to.

For my other clubs though, I still go with the tried and true Tour Velvet after testing my 7 iron with the Iomic. I've been playing with Tour Velvets forever, so it would take a sensational grip to move me over. Iomic just didn't cut it there.

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

which grips? are the the same all around or is there a top, side? Seems?

X-evolution

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Anyone know if the sticky grips have seems or anything else that would make them "not square" if you rotate the shaft?

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

• 3 weeks later...

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

Anyone know if the sticky grips have seems or anything else that would make them "not square" if you rotate the shaft?

Answering my own question since I bought some Sticky 2.3's.

They have a small seem on the sides. I think I'll stick with Lambkins on my driver and 3-wood so that they are the same all the way around when the club is adjusted -- other than the logo. Iomic Sticky 2.3's for my irons.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Iomic Absolute putter grip feels great. Feels ever so slightly bigger than the original grip on my Odyssey Rossie. I like the shape of the Iomic better -- more block and square than curved. We'll see how Orange holds up -- it looks fantastic and with blue iron grips lets my ILLINI colors show.

Blue Sticky 2.3's look and feel great and get put into play tomorrow. Forecast calls for a beautiful day outside Chicago so I will be starting in perfect conditions. I'm sure I'll have chance to play in wet weather before the season ends..

• 9 months later...
Originally Posted by rustyredcab

Iomic Absolute putter grip feels great. Feels ever so slightly bigger than the original grip on my Odyssey Rossie. I like the shape of the Iomic better -- more block and square than curved. We'll see how Orange holds up -- it looks fantastic and with blue iron grips lets my ILLINI colors show.

Blue Sticky 2.3's look and feel great and get put into play tomorrow. Forecast calls for a beautiful day outside Chicago so I will be starting in perfect conditions. I'm sure I'll have chance to play in wet weather before the season ends..

Rusty, how are the Sticky 2.3's working out for you on your irons?  I'm looking at getting my clubs re-gripped, but was looking at the Sticky 1.8's to replace my current Dri-Tac's.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Rusty, how are the Sticky 2.3's working out for you on your irons?  I'm looking at getting my clubs re-gripped, but was looking at the Sticky 1.8's to replace my current Dri-Tac's.

Best grips I've ever held.

Feel is terrific combination of soft and firm. They are soft enough to hit balls for hours but never seem to feel spongy or give like the old soft Winn grips of yesteryear.

I have given up using a glove this season because the feel of the grips is better than gripping with a glove. My hands have yet to slip and I never feel like I need to choke a chicken to hold on to the club.

They clean easily with a wet towel (maybe soap if really bad but have not needed to do that after 40 rounds).

They restore to original tacky feel by wetting and then drying them. Therefore, they work great in rain by drying before using.

I have blue and like the distinctive look when gathering clubs from the green.

I have Sticky 2.3's on irons. wedges, driver and 3-wood. X-evolutions on two hybrids simply because they are new grips and I can't justify cutting them off. The X-evolutions are much firmer and not as awesome as the Sticky 2.3's.

I think they will last a long time. In nearly half a season, I see zero wear. They look the same as the day I first had them installed.

Grips are very subjective. If I were you I would buy one, try it on a wedge or something (or it could be any club, the asymmetry of having it on an irons would bug me), and see if you like it. They have them at TGW.com, Golfsmith, and on [URL=http://shop.iomicusa.com/category_s/43.htm]Iomic's website[/URL].

I have no idea why I wrote this. 2011 me was stupid. I do have an IOmic on one of my putters. It's nice, and I'll probably put one on the putter I've been using this year (Nike Unitized Tiempo) at some point.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 5 years later...

I am trying to trade 8 new in package camo green iomic grips for new 2.3 sticky black

Thank you

Driver: Wishon 959 OL v2 reg 10.5*
fw wood 949 mc 16.5 4 wood

irons: AP1 5- gap GS 95 regular

multiple wedges

Note: This thread is 2215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!