IGNORED

Phil or Paddy in the Fed Ex Cup?

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The cream rises to the top. Forget the rest of the field. The Fed Ex will come down to Phil vs. Paddy, and Paddy will win again. He is the #1 Player out there and he will prove it.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Paddy, Phil is a choker.

BUT----------Phil has won three Majors, when Tiger was in the field for all three.

BUT----------Phil has won three Majors, when Tiger was in the field for all three.

Not this 'Tiger wasn't in the field' crap again. Tiger wasn't in the field at the Open or the PGA, get over it.

Phil, however, was. Who won those two? Harrington.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Paddy for sure. Seems like a no brainer to me. But with golf, anyone can get hot on the course.

..Probably not Phil though. :p

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

it's obvious who i'm up for - be great for Padraig to win one of the events, and collect player of the year as well as the Fedex Cup itself. He's a hero over here - there's talk of him being the greatest sportsman ever. Time will tell but 3 majors is no joke!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I think Mickelson is ready to shine once again.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I wouldnt be so quick to give it to Harrington. He could easily lose his form and play poorly.
Im picking Ryuji Imada to win it all!

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Administrator
Given the "or" nature of the question, my answer is "no."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Phil has been downhill since he quit wearing the Bearing Point hats.

I have counted Padraig out the last two times and he won. He is a grinder and Hes riding high right now. I have to go with Paddy but would rather see Phil win it.

Golf is the cruelest game, because eventually it will drag you out in front of the whole school, take your lunch money and slap you around. ~Rick Reilly, "Master Strokes," Sports Illustrated

Given the "or" nature of the question, my answer is "no."

After what Hunter Mahan did today (62), compared to Phil's 70 and Paddy's 72, it looks like you are a real prophet.

The cream rises to the top. Forget the rest of the field. The Fed Ex will come down to Phil vs. Paddy, and Paddy will win again. He is the #1 Player out there and he will prove it.

I dont't think you can be the best if you only show up in the majors. He hasn't done anything noticeable out of the last 6 big ones.

In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

Phil hasn't shown anything recently that says he's going to do anything more than a decent showing. He never seems to play well this time of year anyways.

Paddy obviously has a shot (as does Mickelson but...) but I wouldn't count out the rest of the field. Lots of players have a chance. How about Kim? Perry? Garcia?

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

My money is on Paddy, he's focus and can finish the deal!

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Out of those two, I'm gonna say Phil.

pretty easy to pick stricker now that he's the 36 hole leader. lol But I'd honestly love to see Stricker win it all. If not him then Phil. but not to get off topic.... to all you "paddy" bandwagon jumpers... how's he doing in the Barclays? oh wait...he's at home "tired." This season is a marathon, not a sprint and yes he's done very well this season and so far has my vote, if voted today, for the player of the year, but it's these last four events that'll make him or break him. Either he'll be the player that won 2 majors, but lost steam in the playoffs or the player that had the season of a lifetime. IMHO... A game vs. A game... Phils much better.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

pretty easy to pick stricker now that he's the 36 hole leader. lol But I'd honestly love to see Stricker win it all. If not him then Phil.

We all know that pace is important, and you cannot win if tired. For these reasons, Tiger, Phil, Ernie, etc. missed one of the playoff tournaments last year, and look how Tiger and Phil did in the Fed Ex series. We will see if Paddy's "rest" works for him.

Note: This thread is 5737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!