IGNORED

Soccer

aceadair
Note: This thread is 5810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you care about soccer?

• Yes
    • No
    • Kinda
    • Been interested at one time

I'm not sure why or how, but I've actually gained quite the interest for soccer in recent months. I've been a fan of the World Cup for awhile, but I've started to follow the Premiere League and MLS. I'm actually going to FC Dallas' first game of the season on March 30th, and I'm excited about that. If I enjoy it, I'll definitely go to more in the future.

I guess I'm just a boring guy. Most of the sports people say are boring to watch on TV (golf, baseball, soccer) are the sports I like to watch the most it seems.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

soccer in europe is the only soccer i watch, and the world cup.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

• 3 weeks later...
I got hooked on Soccer by playing FIFA 07 on the XBOX. It was my first experience with soccer and my first time playing any games on XBOX.

Watched 2 buddys play about 4 games, and was hooked. Played about 5 matches myself and was hooked on soccer... I'm a big fan of Inter, but Rooney has got to be one of the meanest SOBs alive. I love that kid.

Soccer as you fondly call association football across the pond no longer excists in its true form.
The days of the "hard man" center half , little fat bloke in the middle pulling all the strings,the amazing skills of the winger and of course everybodys favourite the number 9 who throws himself at everything.Those days are long gone my friends,we are left with a bunch of girls who go to ground as if shot at the slightest (sometimes not even any) of contact,negative tacticts of the coaches who get the sack every six months,loads of headless chickens who can run around all day but show very little ability.And of course the main objective of the game now is to con the referee. No its long gone ,the USA would be better off without it.

Can I have my ball back please!

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

I take it then,that you are a Brit but not a football fan

I played the game from the age of 8 till the knees gave up at 45,I had a season ticket at my local club for 30 years and only missed around 10 away games in that time.I have visited all but a handfull of pro grounds in England been to 4 world cups 3 Euro championships been tear gassed in Italy ,in prison in Hungary and enjoyed every minuite of it. My point was the game is not now what it was in that it has become a non contact sport,full of athletes as opposed to footballers.

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Thats just the professional side of it, though.

Its like saying golf is now a sport of 300+ yard hitters, when its not. just the top top end of the sport.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Yes but unlike golf the antics of the pros is coppied by 15 year olds who I see down the rec on a Sunday morning

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*

I care about footie more than life itself.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

I've played since I was 4 (I'm now 20 this weekend) and it really is a blast to play. The English Premier League, World Cup and maybe a few more Euro Leagues are the only games I'll watch on TV, and it has to be 2 good teams playing or if Manchester United are playing anyone, Ill watch.

Manchester United Forever!!!

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

Yes I care, mostly because my eight year old son is into it big time. He loves to play, and he's a decent little player. He takes to it more so than golf, which is OK with me...

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...
Soccer is imo one of the best sports next to golf. I don't play soccer that often but I like to watch Real Madrid play, also my favourite Swedish team AIK =)

Football is one of the most (if not the most) popular sports in the world and probably has the most participation in the world. However Football will never be popular in America due to the lack of sponsorship and advert time available during a game of Football. If the American media did not control the coverage of Football in the USA it would be huge.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Football is one of the most (if not the most) popular sports in the world and probably has the most participation in the world. However Football will never be popular in America due to the lack of sponsorship and advert time available during a game of Football. If the American media did not control the coverage of Football in the USA it would be huge.

I can assure you it's the by far most popular sport.

Outside the U.S. -- Futbol is indeed the most popular sport in the world.

United!!! United!!! United!!!

I've been watching Fox Soccer Channel like its going out of style lately. Slacked off since I picked up the clubs, but that's a good thing.

They freakin tied Blackburn I think it was. . .couldn't believe that one. I like watching Kaka from A.C. Milan play. Chelsea, Liverpool (Torres is awesome). I just like watching the game. But mostly when Man U. wins!!

Soccer might be the most popular sport in the world, but it will never take in the U.S.

Beckam (spelling) was supposed to be the savior, but the only thing Americans cared about was, what him and his wife were doing at the night clubs with Tom Cruise and his prisoner.. I mean wife Katie Holmes.

Never watched or played soccer, had friends that played and they loved it. I guess since I was a football player we have that generalization against soccer players.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

Many of the best players in the world flock to the US to top up their pension funds in their late to early 30s and play for clubs like LA Galaxy. Beckham had another 5 years of top professional football in him, going to the US so early was not a good move for him i feel.

Soccer, Football, Futbol, how ever you want to say it is the best sport, besides golf (of course), the best team? CHELSEA!!!!! LETS GO BLUES!!!! They are going to beat Manchester United in UEFA Champions League, and in the Premiership!

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Note: This thread is 5810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!