IGNORED

College football begins

allin
Note: This thread is 5718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All right football maniacs, a new season starts Thursday. Other than posturing for your favorite team, especially those fortunate enough to root for a loaded team, predict the opening weekend. Will there be any big upsets, such as the Mich loss last year. My beloved Cornhuskers for example are at risk. Iowa state could well lose to Dakota. etc.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Oklahoma State has a road game at Washington St. this Saturday. If they win that one, it will set them up for a solid season. If they lose the opener, however, they won't anymore room for error if they want to make it to a bowl game. The Big 12 is nasty as usual, and the Pokes need to win all their non-conference games for sure.

I'm very excited though to say the least. I'm looking forward to watching Clemson/Alabama as well.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Given the transition that Michigan has been going through, I think that Michigan will have a tough time with Utah...and since there is no base line for the new offense I can't predict the game. One interesting game this weekend, I think will be Michigan State at Cal. I think the Spartoons just may upset the Golden Bears of Berkley.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

Three games I only care to watch:

OSU and Youngstown State if only to see Terrell Pryor in his first collegiate action.

UM and Utah because I want to see what RRodriguez brings to the table.

MSU and Cal. This is an early barometer for how good MSU may or may not be.

I predict UM (much better D) and Cal win close contests. OSU, not so close..

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I havent looked at the lineup all that much yet... but Missouri could be upset by Illinois. Also, alot of people are prediction Miami (OH) to be pretty good this year (for a MAC team) and they have a first week matchup with Vandy... that could be a good win for them. I am also looking forward to Clemson rolling Bama.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

I can't wait. Gonna be a fun ride this year.

In my stand bag:
9* G10 driver
904F 15* 3 wood
3-PW MP-52 irons
Burner Rescue 19* HybridSpalding 60* lob wedge Tiffany 34"Leupold GX-I rangefinderTitleist Pro V1 ball

All Ive got to say is, ON WISCONSIN!!!!

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Oklahoma State has a road game at Washington St. this Saturday. If they win that one, it will set them up for a solid season. If they lose the opener, however, they won't anymore room for error if they want to make it to a bowl game. The Big 12 is nasty as usual, and the Pokes need to win all their non-conference games for sure.

Well to Oklahoma State's advantage, Gundy is now 41 years old, which makes him that much more of a man.

Y'know, so he can handle it.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

Alabama(24) [+4.5] @ Clemson(9) [-4.5]

[ratings reflect AP preseason poll as of 8/24/08]

I see Alabama with an "upset". Alabama by 9.

Roll Tide!

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I'll take Clemson at home, but I bet it's a good one.

Also, Illinois beating Mizzou wouldn't be a huge upset to me. Sure, the Tigers are ranked a little higher but not by much. The Illini are starting to build a solid program.

Clemson is the home team, but it's a neutral site (Georgia Dome.)

Take Clemson because Tommy Bowden always starts strong and falls apart after the 5th or 6th game.

Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

Thanks for letting me know that. I didn't know it was neutral, and that changes things a bit. Like you said though, Clemson always starts well before collapsing down the stretch. Plus, I always favor a good running game early in the season, and Clemson has one of the best in the nation with Davis and Spiller.

Baylor > Wake Forest. Also, Mizzou losing wouldn't be that big, they don't deserve their ranking. Tennessee at UCLA is going to be a great game monday night.

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

Playing the Univeristy of Georgia in the Georgia Dome is HARDLY a neutral site.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

They're not playing UGA, they're playing Bama.

In my stand bag:
9* G10 driver
904F 15* 3 wood
3-PW MP-52 irons
Burner Rescue 19* HybridSpalding 60* lob wedge Tiffany 34"Leupold GX-I rangefinderTitleist Pro V1 ball

To that point, we play the Cocktail Party every year in Jacksonville. It's still a neutral site.

If your fans travel well, it doesn't matter what the proximity is; 50/50 ticket splits should be neutral sites. Hell, for the SEC championship in 2005, LSU had about 40% of the Dome. It would've been a neutral site if they hadn't left early after Shockley hung 34 on them.

There are only two (regular season) games I want see, which will determine how successful coach Tressel and the Bucks will be this year:

The Ohio State University vs. USC

The Ohio State University vs. North Virginia (Meeechigan)

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!

Note: This thread is 5718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!