IGNORED

2005 ESPN Fantasy Golf League

iacas
Note: This thread is 6758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
I was happy with my -11, but damn, just about everyone beat me!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I pulled out a 3rd place finish in our leage today and moved back into the top 100 overall. So I am definitely happy with my results so far except for my mind lapse last week.

We are through 6 events out of 11, so I can at least say I was the leader past the halfway point. Now I just have to finish strong and win the segment.

I'm new in the league, but if I'm not mistaken I took 2nd last week!

If you would have started the same time we all did, you would probably be in 1st place right now. You have done good every week. Next segment, you might whip us all!

Well, Jerry Haas didn't get it done for me. Hell, Danielle shot better than he did. But it was a chance I had to take to get 3 solid golfers, and it paid off I would say. Woods, Furyk, and Verplank got me a -11 final score, and I will definitely take that.

And Tiger was just getting warmed up too. I have a feeling he could be going VERY low tomorrow. Furyk had it to -5 before double bogeying the 18th, so we will have to see how he does tomorrow.

But overall, I'm near the top of the leaderboard, and I'll take that for sure.

• Administrator
Zach Johnson shot 80 without a single friggin' birdie!!!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

I've got three. Me and Raf are trying to let the rest of y'all catch up.

Yeah, good week Aaron! I kept thinking my guys were gonna catch yours, and your score was always the same or better than mine. Your team played their butts off.

I have almost a 100 point lead in the overall, with Erik lurking in 2nd. I am very happy with how I've done so far, as I am #44 in the overall standings.

But if this segment is anything like the 2005 PGA Tour season has been, we can all look for a "leader choke" here pretty soon. All the leaders have sucked it up on the final round it seems, and I hope the same don't happen to me in the fantasy league.

• Administrator

I'm in second? Really? Dunno how the heck that's happened.

Holy Moly, I'm in 20th overall! I need 3 more solid weeks, and I may be going to Hawaii. Well, I won't get ahead of myself or anything, but it is cool being in the top 20 out of everyone involved.

I accredit it to luck no doubt, but a lot of luck adds up to great things!

I think Scott Verplank and Jim Furyk have been carrying me for sure. I don't know if I'll stick with em or not.

Fun week and doing good when double points is on the line helps too.

After a very slow start yesterday I ended up -11, tied with a couple of you. I wasn't too impressed with Lefty yesterday, hopefully he can do something today.

Driver: X460 10°
Hybrid: Heavenwood 2H
Irons: X-12 3-PW
Wedges: Vintage Forged 48° & 56°
Putter: DF 990Ball: HX Hot

Well, I'm hoping Mahan and Verplank make their way back to E or so, so they will be around for the weekend. They both had it to -1 or -2 yesterday before falling off late.

I was happy with a -11 start and hope to stay around the top. If I can finish high this weekend, I might seal the deal in our league. But then again, I could choke it off easily with 2 more to go..

Note: This thread is 6758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!