IGNORED

Deutsche Bank Championship

N.V.M.
Note: This thread is 5730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

whoa. what's with Mike Weir? does he want that 10 million or what?

and the "other" lefty, he better start playing or it's MC for him.

anyways, go Canada! wOOt!

My Blog

It's great to see Mike Weir playing well. He has had his ups and downs over the past few seasons, but he is playing great right now. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see him win the $10 million.

As for Lefty, he just doesn't have it right now. He can go on a birdie-birdie run, but then he gives them right back. On a course where the golfers are making a lot of birdies, Mickelson just isn't getting it done. And he won here last year, so that makes it stink even more for him.

I'm just hoping Charles Howell III keeps it going and gets inside the top 70 somehow. He is on the bubble right now, but he is actually playing some decent golf. Gotta love Shot Tracker!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just wanted to poke my head in and say "Thanks" for not putting a spoiler in the thread title. (
"Deutsche Bank Championship" = simple, concise, let's me know not to open the thread if I haven't yet watched a televised round, and doesn't reveal any results that would spoil the results.

Lately, I've noticed some people rushing to post results in titles when the round is barely over.

So, thanks.

Who's winning I missed yesterday's round? Also, when does it go on tv I can't find it anywhere.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

Weir is winning. He shot -10 61! And he did it w/o the beard!

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

Oh yeah that's awesome, I think its going to be on at 3 on the golf channel.

in the bag

It's great to see Mike Weir playing well. He has had his ups and downs over the past few seasons, but he is playing great right now. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see him win the $10 million.

I agree, I wouldn't mind seeing Mike Weir winning the whole thing. But I think if Vijay can get within a few stroke he might just take the tournament from Mike.

I also agree about CHIII, he is one of my favorite players, and I really want to see him play good to make the playoff cut.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

What is up with that course? Weir makes a run at 59 yesterday, and Tim Clark makes a run today!

Two guys not in the Ryder Cup hunt playing the best. That doesn't make me optimistic for the Americans' chances. Where are Stricker, Austin, Trahan, Mahan, O'Hair, Mediate, and Snedecker? C'mon guys!

And Ben Curtis, Jim Furyk and Anthony Kim are the only U.S. Ryder Cup team members in the top 30.

Stewart Cink? T34
Boo Weekly? T45
Philly Mick? T68
Justin Leonard? T68
Kenny Perry? T68

Sergio looks like he really wants the FedEx. It's not a major, but it's pretty much the next best thing. I would love to see him take it home.

*knock on wood*

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

Yeah let's go sergio, he is in the hunt, and could take this thing easy.

in the bag

Padraig Harrington failed to make the cut again .

Interviewed afterwards, he sounds and looks really tired/jaded - admitted that he might miss out the BMW Championship leg of the FedEx Cup next week in order to make most of The Ryder Cup....
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

This is going on about 30 minutes down the road from me in Norton, MA. I've never seen the course in person, but it looks nice on TV (although not truly memorable like other TPC courses). I got an invite to attend the round today, but passed it up for a family birthday party (I really needed the "Get out of Jail" Card with the Mrs.).

Anyway, the kids just love watching the Met Life Snoopy Blimp hovering around - we saw it at the local airport yesterday on a ride down the highway.

Go Furyk!!!

i like the shots the camera takes from the blimp, but i sure hate the engine noise it makes. i have surround sound speakers and from the speakers behind me i can only hear that constant droning. it's like there's a plane circling my head.

My Blog

Come on Sergio!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Come on Sergio!

Ohhh yeah! Sergio has gotta make a run at this one.

in the bag

Man...Sergio is putting well they are just not dropping! Maybe tomorrow they will!!!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

There's a lot of Sergio Lovin' goin' on in this thread. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of his, and I can't put my finger on it. He's got mad skills, and is very competitive, but he looks like he can be a major pain in the ass to play with - I still can't believe he got the "gopher hole" call during the Barclays' FedEx... final hole vs Vijay (or whatever it was) - did take some shrewd rules knowledge to pull that one out!

Note: This thread is 5730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!