IGNORED

favorite golf line while playing,...

heyscuba
Note: This thread is 3791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

exclaiming "get some." when you hit a nice shot

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a favorite line, but just a smart-ass comments between me and my golf buddy.

- After he made two bads shots and broke two clubs over his knee. On the next hole:
Him: "I'll hit a 5W on this one I think."
Me: "You're just saying that because you don't have a driver and 3W any more."

- After he pushed a ball into the parking lot(!!), a good 30 degree right, 270 yards away.
Him: Walks up to tee his next shot.
Me: "Taking a provisional? In case you can't find the first one?"

- After I shanked a ball with my driver, bounced it off a bridge and ended up level to the red tees.
Him: "Nice shot"

If I hit a shot I really like and get total dead air I'll say "I meant to do that.", which never fails to spark a response ... usually derogatory.

When somebody hits a worm burner, "You kept that one under the wind."

When someone skies a drive, "Nice nine iron."

Mike

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When you either skull a ball, need it to get down in a hurry, or stop quickly: "Hit a house!"

Whenever you drive a ball deep into the woods: "Louie!!" - he's the guy that, once in a while, kicks the ball back into the fairway for you. My buddies need to lay off the Beer cart...

someone leaves a putt short

did you forget your skirt in the car?
or
i hope your cock isn't that short...

when someoen hits it in the woods.
no need for a provisional, the bears can find that 1.

somone hits it in the water...SPLOOSH!

In my White Hoofer Vantage Bag:

Driver : R7 Draw
Woods : 3 hybrid
Irons : MP-60Wedge : 54 deg 58 degPutter : RED X 35' (in love)Ball : TP BlackBest Round: 80Closest to Hole-In-One: 0.5''

Any Fat Shot: "Looks like you hit the big ball first."

Ok, that one was hilarious ... after the second it took for me to 'get it!'

Good one. dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

On a skied driver - "Houston we have liftoff!"

After a bad hole - Well at least I exorcised the demons on that hole."

After a decent shot that will be playable - "That dog will hunt."

After hitting into the trees and getting an unfavorable bounce - "Trees are getting their revenge" or "Trees hate me". I used to be a forester so I find this particularly funny.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

On a popped up drive - "run it out".

When someone has a unusually awkward swing for them with a bad result - "were you looking fastball and got the curve?" or "did you get jammed on that pitch and hit it off the handle?"

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

When someone misses a birdie put, and the ball ends up a foot away. "Nice par set up!"

Actually, we use this for bowling. When someone leaves 3-4 pins standing... "Nice spare set up!"

On a putt that winds up woefully short (as the guy walks up to his next putt)
You dropped something back there (they will usually turn and look) - Your lipstick...

After a really short drive.....
I think I see what is wrong with your swing - You're standing too close to the ball -- after you hit it

--
Driver: R7 460 9.5 Stiff Shaft
Fairway Woods: Steelhead 3 and 5 Stiff Shaft
Irons: :: R7 CGB Stiff Shaft Steel
Wedges: Vokey 56 / 52 Stiff ShaftPutter: Oddysey White HotBag: R7 Stand bagRangeFinder: (Nikon) LR550Ball Prefer Pro-V1, but usually play what you just lostâ¦..

Actually had this one used on me.

Hit a pretty good slice with the driver, well above the trees, and heading farther in them, playing partner then yells " NOW HOOK!!!".

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

when someone skies a Driver, say "Course Management at its finest, you going Wedge/Driver huh? Interesting......

anytime someone hits it in the sand, I always say, in a femine voice "Hi, my name's Sandy, I like long walks on the beach..." my friends hate that one....
Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

Gotta love this one, when people three put: "God, these greens suck so bad." When playing with my good friends and they hit their shot way off, I "point out" that the green is "over there" and what-not, of course that's just to be an ass.

-Rich

Wow, you really got a hold of that one!

...as my buddy hits the shot fat and the ball travels 15 yrds.

Also;

At least you're on the fairway/should have a good lie from there (when the ball is hit to the adjacent hole's fairway)

Gotta love this one, when people three put: "God, these greens suck so bad."

I have a friend who does that ALL the time and then tells me that he's actually an awesome putter but he can't do anything about these crap greens.

Note: This thread is 3791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!