IGNORED

Tour Championship Coverage

907golfer12
Note: This thread is 5711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

While watching the Tour Championship coverage, and I noticed something really funny. During the interview with Trevor Immelman they had a little thing along the bottom and it said:

Trevor Immelman
2008 Masters Champion
Only 2008 Masters Champion in the field

Did anyone else catch that? I just thought I would share it as it made me laugh quite a bit.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

While watching the Tour Championship coverage, and I noticed something really funny. During the interview with Trevor Immelman they had a little thing along the bottom and it said:

I'm assuming they got the 2008 part right, and the Masters part wrong. Mickelson, Weir, and Singh are all in the field, so he's not the only Masters champion at East Lake. On the other hand, the other major winners of 2008 (Tiger and Padraig) are both absent.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Read my post again, the screen said

"Only 2008 Masters Champion in the field."

There can only be one Master Champion in one year.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

And I was pointing out the typo. Obviously, they meant he was the only 2008 major champion in the field, and someone in the production truck made a boo-boo.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

The have a masters on the European tour as well don't they ?

Yes but it is called the European Masters, and it is not a very big event, atleast I don't think

Here's what I play:

Okay, but know one knows about those other masters, I guess no ones else shares my sense of humor .

Oh well I guess I will go have fun by myself

Here's what I play:

That's doesn't make me feel much better

Here's what I play:

i watched Trevor get outsmarted by a tree yesterday,lol.

so, what the heck did they do to the golf course? wow, what a difference. i heard Faldo say that practically nobody has been on the course since March? talk about preparation. mint conditions, stimpmeter through the roof!

My Blog

Did you tape it? Can you go back to see if you mis-read it and because you already saw the word "Masters" you saw it again instead of "Major?" Not that it's a big deal, you can see misprinted stuff all the time, and they probably did what you said, just another option.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Did you tape it? Can you go back to see if you mis-read it and because you already saw the word "Masters" you saw it again instead of "Major?" Not that it's a big deal, you can see misprinted stuff all the time, and they probably did what you said, just another option.

I did go back and re-watch it. I thought the same thing, I saw it and I was like "wait a second, I must have seen that in my head!" So I rewound the DVR and paused it at the exact point, and it clearly said "Masters" not "Majors."

Now I realize that it was a typo, and I should have said that in my OP, but I found the typo funny so I thought I would share it with all the people here.
He gets it - he doesn't need to reread your post. He has worked out that they typed "Masters" instead of "major "- and that's what he's trying to explain to you.

I realize that, in case you didn't notice, in my OP I said it was funny, meaning that i knew it was a typo, but the typo was funny to me. Although I should have mentioned that I knew it was a typo in the OP, but I thought everyone might find it funny like it did. Not get rude about it, for the second time about someone else's posts

Here's what I play:

good grief. a lot of effort in this thread about a lousy typo.

Really, and I though I would just share a funny mistake to the rest of the people here.

Here's what I play:

good grief. a lot of effort in this thread about a lousy typo.

Yeah, you're right; Never mind!

My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

There's a real exciting final round going on right now. Camilo Villegas is 4-under for the day despite a double bogey-bogey on holes 6 and 7, and leads by one over Phil Mickelson, Sergio Garcia, and Anthony Kim, with the leaders playing the 14th hole.

Note: This thread is 5711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!