IGNORED

Paula Creamer and the Great American Tantrum

worst_shot_ever
Note: This thread is 5663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think she should be fined, just publicly humiliated -- and now she has been

I agree with you. We all have had to learn to control our emotions and apply good anger managemnent techniques. This especially applies to intense competitors and I include myself in that category. My late brother NEVER threw a club, but he would go over to his bag, take his putter, and pound the bottom. One day, I noticed black tape on the bottom. Pretending that I was not aware of what that meant, I acted ignorant and asked him. "I took out my frustrations for missed putts on the bag, and then I realized that I was ruining it, and would have to use MY money to buy a new one. I told myself to stop being stupid and control myself." He had learned a valuable lesson on his own. Junior golfers watching a Tour pro throw tantrums think that is OK, and copy him or her. It is important that the pros understand this, and decide to NOT set a negative example. Being a "good role model" is the phrase that applies here.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I dont think she should be fined either, but hopefully she will realize how badly she is reflecting upon her sponsors and herself and will grow up.
Im not saying that she shouldnt show emotion on the course, but from what I saw she went overboard.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

What is wrong with you people!!?

I'm with you, Geezer. I enjoyed watching her get pumped up and angry. Muy Caliente! Seriously, her caddy should know that Paula getting angry and negative is her way of playing her best. He's paid to take that abuse and deflect the blame for bad shots away from his player. This isn't a "niceness" contest, it's professional sports. They're both trying to make a living. Her attitude is irrelevant. If that attitude brings her down, then she should change, but not because viewers don't think it's "nice".

I'm with you, Geezer. I enjoyed watching her get pumped up and angry. Muy Caliente! Seriously, her caddy should know that Paula getting angry and negative is her way of playing her best. He's paid to take that abuse and deflect the blame for bad shots away from his player. This isn't a "niceness" contest, it's professional sports. They're both trying to make a living. Her attitude is irrelevant. If that attitude brings her down, then she should change, but not because viewers don't think it's "nice".

Caddies are in a tough position. When the player earns the winner's check, he or she says, "WE won.", and collects 10%. When the player FAILS to win, the caddy sez, "She LOST." It goes with the territory.

She was a bit bit@#y but I still love her.. How funny was is when that huge herd of people walked right across the fairway right in front of her when she was setting up for her approach she was pissed, poor caddy, dude had a rough day "pun intended"
IN MY BAG
Driver - Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood - SZ 15*
Irons - R9 4-AW kbs shafts, 19* Burner Rescue
Wedges - 2007 Tom Watson Lob 60* CG-15 56* Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Pro v119th Hole weapon of choiceBudLight:

Colin, her caddy, has been around forever. He knows the drill. Not too worried about him.

And hey, if this is the worst behavior the LPGA can generate, is that so bad? I'm not endorsing it, but at least no one one the women's tour is abusing/threatening/attacking a spouse or significant other, or showing up under the influence, or what have you.
WITB
Driver--PING Rhapsody, 16*
Fairway Wood--PING Rhapsody 22*
Hybrids--Cobra Bafflers, 3 (23*), 6 (32*)
Irons--Callaway X-20, 7-AW SW--Wilson ProstaffLW--Nancy LopezPutter--Bettinardi HawkBalls--Pinnacle Gold DistanceBags--Datrek IDS (cart), Sun Mountain 3.5 (carry)

Or walking off the course (i.e. quitting) in the middle of a lousy round . . .

Yeah, the women have a lot to learn, don't they?

WITB
Irons--Callaway X-20, 7-AW SW--Wilson ProstaffLW--Nancy LopezPutter--Bettinardi HawkBalls--Pinnacle Gold DistanceBags--Datrek IDS (cart), Sun Mountain 3.5 (carry)

Colin, her caddy, has been around forever. He knows the drill. Not too worried about him.

I agree with you. The women set a much better example than the men. Paula demonstrated her instense desire a couple of years ago when she challenged Annika as to whether Annika's tee shot did cross the water hazard or not. The dispute went on for about 20 minutes, and Annika got her wish, but still made a double bogey. It was pretty amazing to see a Tour rookie do this to the World's #1. When Tiger's fans moved the HUGE rock in the desert and got away with it (until the rules were further defined as to what a movable obstruction is), no player in the tournament challenged the fact that "Tiger got away with that outside assistance". THAT, my friends, was DEAD WRONG, as the rules change showed. And no player that I know about, came forward and said, "Hold on. That is NOT a movable obstruction."

• Administrator
When Tiger's fans moved the HUGE rock in the desert and got away with it (until the rules were further defined as to what a movable obstruction is), no player in the tournament challenged the fact that "Tiger got away with that outside assistance". THAT, my friends, was DEAD WRONG, as the rules change showed. And no player that I know about, came forward and said, "Hold on. That is NOT a movable obstruction."

It wasn't wrong, clearly, as the rules at the time say so. Any player that came forward to say it was wrong would be stupid and promptly shown the rules book at the time that says "it's a movable obstruction, and you're wrong."

Wise up. Does your Tiger hate know no bounds? In this case, it just makes you look incredibly dumb.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hah i completely agree, If i shot a 85 in a tour event, but made the tour I would be thrilled, people would do anything to be in her shoes and play half as well as she does, and to be pissy because things didn't go her way is sad.

Yes, we would be thrilled to do well at her job, but would you be happy with the kind of day she had in your work? I daresay that most of us have been frustrated and ticked off at co-workers (right or wrong) from time to time, and allowed it to show.

Just for some perspective - After play on Saturday at the Samsung, the volunteers were treated to a barbeque lunch with drinks, prizes, announcements, etc. Paula was practicing on the adjacent putting green and walked over to our gathering (north side of the Ritz, if you know the property). She was given the microphone, and spent a few minutes thanking us for our time and dedication. Now, it's not unusual to be thanked by players as they pass by your station, if you're holding a rope for them, or giving them a ride, but this is the first time in my many volunteer experiences that a player has done this. It was very much appreciated.

Just for some perspective - After play on Saturday at the Samsung, the volunteers were treated to a barbeque lunch with drinks, prizes, announcements, etc. Paula was practicing on the adjacent putting green and walked over to our gathering (north side of the Ritz, if you know the property). She was given the microphone, and spent a few minutes thanking us for our time and dedication. Now, it's not unusual to be thanked by players as they pass by your station, if you're holding a rope for them, or giving them a ride, but this is the first time in my many volunteer experiences that a player has done this. It was very much appreciated.

Thanks for the "other perspective" on Paula Creamer. I have watched her at the Wegman's Tournament at Locust Hill, near Rochester, NY. She has always taken time to sign ALL the autographs of the fans, no matter whether she had a good round or not. In my opinion, the Top Four in this category are The Pink Panther, Natalie, Juli Inkster, and Annika.

How great to see you here!

WITB

• 2 weeks later...
While golf is winding down, the LPGA does have the Hana Bank tournament this weekend, and some of the stars should be there---maybe Paula. Last year, Suzann Pettersen was the victor, and Cristie Kerr, Natalie, Lorena, Birdie Kim, and Se Ri Pak did play. If Paula does participate, it will be interesting to see how she does.

Paula is playing in the Hana Bank , and is 4 shots back after 3 rounds. It is not being televised, which is no surprise since it is not a big event on the Tour. No matter what happens, Paula has established herself as the US's best woman player, and that is a good achievement.

Note: This thread is 5663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!