IGNORED

Questions for Charlotte Campbell of Highway 18

iacas
Note: This thread is 5699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
If anyone has any good questions for Charlotte, we'll be interviewing her (by email, so she can fit it into her schedule) and posting the Q&A; as an interview in our Throwing Darts column.

Thanks to Charlotte for agreeing to answer the questions. Keep them sane, guys, and perhaps if your question isn't chosen here, Charlotte may (or may not) answer the question here after the interview is published.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Charlotte - it's so great to have you here!

1. During your time at Rollins, you were national player of the year four times and won two national titles. What was that experience like? How good was your competition?

2. The producers of Highway 18 pulled a lot of tricks on the viewers (superlegs, the two-strike eliminations, etc.). How many of these tricks did you know about before the episode was filmed? In addition, the producers didn't tell us about some elements of the show (such as driving time-penalties); we found these out from GolfGal's interviews and blog posts. What other events took place in the show that we don't know about?

3. What would you like to see different about the next installment of Highway 18?

4. Did H18 make most teammates closer or more distant? Also, did you make friends with some of the other contestants, or was it purely competitive?

5. What are your plans for life? Do you have anything in mind if competitive golf doesn't pan out?

Again, well done on the show and welcome to The Sand Trap!

Alex

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Since my previously (admittedly shallow) questions were stricken from the record, let me start over.

What is the backstory behind the Blingos?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Charlotte,

It seemed like you did a lot of the driving and your brother was the navigator... It also seemed that there may have been some temptation to speed, or otherwise drive a little reckless to make up some time. (ie speed up through a yellow light).

Was driving safty stressed by the shows producers? Do you think anyone drove a little too aggressively? And could this be an issue in future Highway 18 shows?

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

1. How have you and, to the extent you know, the other contestants reacted to reading about yourselves on golf forum posts not only here, but on the many other boards hosting discussions? Understanding that there is a price you pay when you sign up for a reality TV show, do you think the experience is worth that price? How do the others who didn't win (and who may not have fared as well as you and Rob and the NC boys) feel about it now that it's over and done with?

2. You have been playing on the DFT for a while. Did you know the other crop of reality show talent that has come from the ranks of the DFT? Did you confer with them about their experences before agreeing to subject yourself to the same? On that subject, what is your opinion of the BB9 Christine/Lori dispute? Do you have any idea whether any of the women involved in that show are still smarting?

3. Tell the truth -- any backstage romances or other intersting gossip about the contestants? Those NC boys are not worth their salt if they didn't at least try to throw down some moves.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Another one:

Do you feel more pressure in your golf now than you did previously, given your increased notoriety in the golf world? Does the fact that people (like me and others here) will be watching your results on the various Durameds events next season make you any more nervous about your game?

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Here is a worst_shot_ever post I copied from the "HIGHWAY 18" thread. It might make a good, long question for Charlotte.

"I don't know what the rules are for pro vs. amateur status, but would the splintered golf/travel activities featured on H-18 really count as golf at all for purposes of that rule? They certainly weren't playing stipulated rounds. So does the trick shot artist who gets a flat fee to entertain at a First Tee event, for example, have to go pro? If not, the exhibition style of H-18 golf seems to me to not be particularly far removed. But again, I don't know what the pro vs. amatuer rules state."

Note: This thread is 5699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!