IGNORED

What are your strategies for Par 3s?

Note: This thread is 5682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On par 3's I go for the hole everytime no matter what it seems.

Althought I play par 3's worse than par 4 or 5's.

I would really benefit from taking a little extra time on the tee shot, I play other holes better because on par 4 and 5s you can recover with your second shot. Par 3's are more intense because there is not much recovery from a bad tee shot.

I am typically aim at the flag with my range finder. Depending upon how the flag is protected, I may hit a club that gets me to the center of the green. If there are trees to the left or right, I will actually hit short, so that I can chip from short grass rather than hit under or over a tree.

I save pars because of wedge play and long putts. I get bogeys/par about 60/40. I am still working on my long club accuracy.

STR8 Dymo 10.5
Dymo 3W
Mid Rescue 3
MP-33 4-PW
Eidolon 52* GW LW, SW Titleist Bullseye Putter

Primarily to get on the green.....club for the pin or just a bit short to stay below the hole for my birdie putt.

Lately I've been guilty of going for the pin and making mistakes with my swing.

Center of the green is generally the best aiming spot for me...even though I don't always do this.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

if wind isn't a factor: from 2 iron to 5 iron holes, im aiming for the centre of the green (or away from a hazard etc), from 6 iron in im attacking that bad boy.

i guess it is this same approach that cost my 2 dropped shots on saturday. water was not my friend.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

My only thought, even on approaches, is to not short side myself. Pin left...aim center with a slight draw....pin right...aim center slight fade. Pin center??? DINNER IS SERVED!

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

Note: This thread is 5682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!