IGNORED

Swing Speed

iacas
Note: This thread is 4276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
What's your swing speed with a driver, and how far does your average drive go?

Swing Speed: 105
Driver (C+R): 275

My ball typically plugs at 250-260, so that's where I'm getting those numbers. 400-yard hole, ball plugged just past the 150 marker = 255-ish in the air.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What's your swing speed with a driver, and how far does your

I'm a

chronic caveman , I admit it, and I wouldn't change a thing about it. My driver's my favorite club in the bag and I love crushing the ball. Target golf's definately not my cup of tea! Driver SS: Normal on course rhythm swing - 117 All out impress the ladies at the range swing - 124 average with my highest ever 126.4 (highest ball speed was 181.9). Stats measured with a vector launch monitor . I usually don't worry about my driving distance on the course anymore, I reach the numbers I like often enough. I worry more about my fairways hit, rather than my distances.

Getting old ss is maxed out at 110 allmost all carry to 265 like jacas I plug many balls in the fairway.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Me being onely 5'1" I only swing 95 and only drive it about 230 but I hit 92% of fairways and My putting is fantatic from all my hardwork over the year.

Drive for show, Putt for dough!
WITB
R7 TP 10.5* Fujikura SIX
R580 Fairway Fujikura Vista Pro 60
200 Steel 5 wood Fujikura Tour PLatform 27.3
Steelhead X-14 Pro series 52* Black Nickle Vokey 8* Bounce56* Black Nickle Vokey 10* Bounce Scotty Cameron Newport Beach 33"Pro V1 #8

You guys are way ahead of me... I would like to get my swing speeds and beyond that, my clubs fitted. That would make my year right now (the fitted clubs).

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• 7 years later...

I checked out my stats for the 1st time today.

My swing speed avg is 99-101 mph (easy comfortable swing)

My average drive goes 280 when I'm going for accuracy  (c+r)

If I put more juice on it, it goes 300 but there will be more dispersion.

To be honest, I was kind of disappointed as I thought I would be around 110 mph

In Calgary, I usually hit between 280-300 but 1 or 2 drives per round will go around 325.

I was hitting 280 on the machine and topping out at 300...

The guy said that the machine was adjusted to sea level... Is it the high dry altitude in Calgary that's making my drives seem longer than they actually are?

Also, I was hitting top flight balls on the machine if that makes a difference...

What's in my Bag
Driver R7 9.5 Stiff
3 Wood R7 Stiff
Irons R7 TP Stiff 3-PW
Wedge Vokey Spin Milled 52, 56, 60Putter Studio Select Newport 2.0Ball NXT

im 6'4" - lanky with leverage.

swing speed is around 117

average carry is probably 230 if all drives are counted, bad ones too.  a good drive will carry 270 and bounce once for a total 275.

as you can see i have a terribly inefficient contact with the ball...

Colin P.

Club head Speed: 115-120

Carry: 275-280

Roll: depends on the time of year, but usually 10-15 yards

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I swing around 108-112 and average carry around 275 and usually get a good bit of roll depending on weather.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Originally Posted by iacas

My ball typically plugs at 250-260, so that's where I'm getting those numbers. 400-yard hole, ball plugged just past the 150 marker = 255-ish in the air.

With all that technology you have access too I would work on getting the right shaft / head combo.

Uhh... Nevermind just realized this was from 2005....

project x 6.0

Originally Posted by badbeatj

I checked out my stats for the 1st time today.

My swing speed avg is 99-101 mph (easy comfortable swing)

My average drive goes 280 when I'm going for accuracy  (c+r)

If I put more juice on it, it goes 300 but there will be more dispersion.

To be honest, I was kind of disappointed as I thought I would be around 110 mph

In Calgary, I usually hit between 280-300 but 1 or 2 drives per round will go around 325.

I was hitting 280 on the machine and topping out at 300...

The guy said that the machine was adjusted to sea level... Is it the high dry altitude in Calgary that's making my drives seem longer than they actually are?

Also, I was hitting top flight balls on the machine if that makes a difference...

100 mph swing speed and it goes 300 are you at 20,000 elevation or playing on an airport runway?

project x 6.0

I'll preface this by pointing out that I'm a 6'7" former college baseball player.

my swing speed is normally right around 128-132, ball speed in the high 170s-low 180s.

With my dying Nike SQ5900, I average around 310 or so plus roll. Just got fitted for the Ping i20 extra-stiff, and I was hitting that with a 310-315 carry (in the simulator of course, but it's a true clubfitting simulator. Not sure it's as accurate as a Trackman, but my readings seem to be pretty consistent with what I see on the course). Normal ball flight is a high draw, but I've been hitting a nice high cut almost on command lately, too.

Anybody want to trade some accuracy for a few MPH?

I'm not going left or right of those trees, ok? I'm going over those trees...with a little draw.

i'm not sure what my ss is with my driver.  the only official ss reading i've had was when i was fitted for my irons.  i averaged 93 mph with the iron provided (the PGA pro said it was somewhere between a 6 and a 7 iron).

Originally Posted by iacas

me and you are about the same......on average..  I go through weeks where I hit it longer.....and then I lose the rythm and lose it just as quickly .  LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by poser

100 mph swing speed and it goes 300 are you at 20,000 elevation or playing on an airport runway?

Well I know for sure I can hit 300 because I do it quite frequently...

Do you think the machine was off on my swing speed?

But the funny thing is, I did it with a friend who drives about as far I do except sometimes he hits slightly longer than me by 5-10 yards.

His SS came in avg 108...

What's in my Bag
Driver R7 9.5 Stiff
3 Wood R7 Stiff
Irons R7 TP Stiff 3-PW

I just looked up my city's altitude and it's 3500 ft. Also, it's very dry here so there's always a lot of roll. (Desert like climate)

Is it possible to hit 300 yards under these conditions?

If not, I must honestly say that the machine's measurement must have been off. My friend and I both have seen each other hit 300+ yards so either its possible with a 100 mph swing or the machine is off

What's in my Bag
Driver R7 9.5 Stiff
3 Wood R7 Stiff
Irons R7 TP Stiff 3-PW

I haven't had my radar since about March, and it's done more good than anything. I am curious right now though because my swing's come along since then and the club is whooshing louder. Does that count? I'm estimating my current speeds based on the amount of effort I put in and how fast I could swing with the radar at various levels of intensity, and yes I could swing at these speeds when I did have the radar. I'm 22 and about 6', 155lbs. I use a 44.5" driver.

Easy: 105-108 I just make a swing with a parallel backswing and keep it smooth and balanced, applying more and more acceleration to keep the flex in the shaft. This is more of a practice swing or a lazy one, maybe 60% effort.

Average: 114-117 I use my hands and make a full weight shift, using my legs for power. I use my hands more aggressively, but this is a consistent swing. I get OK direction in terms of path and squaring up, but it's tough figuring out how to set up because while hitting it straight is more or less instinctive, I make lousy contact with this club.

Hard:118-121 I swing back farther by a bit, at the same tempo, then use my lower body and explode through the downswing and use my arms and hands with decent force. I can hit the ball like this, but it's not that sustainable. I'd maybe try this swing on the course if I really felt the need to, but I have enough power without reaching back for extra.

Highest: 123mph, I had a 128 once but I think it was incorrect. This is me swinging out of my shoes and I don't hit the ball solid like this because I don't know where the hell to put the ball, and even if I did this swing is impossible to feel. Purely for testing my upper limits.

*iron SS:

86-89 with a really smooth (lazy) and full swing with a 5i. This is purely a body swing without any real legwork or arms.

94-96 My on course average estimate, this is where I put my current average based on my carry yardage (5i-200+y). I use my legs and right hand more to put some authority and a draw on the shot, typically hitting it as low as I can because the alternative is 40 yards short and too high. I get enough spin to stop it, and I'm leaving a lot of yards on the table with my trajectory.

102 if I swung violently but this is about my max that can still hit my target. I don't hit it this hard on the course because it's not necessary.

I once got 116 with a 5 iron but this swing bottomed out about 4 inches above the ground and I obviously can't really use that. Again, just a number to check my limits.

Since I lost use of my radar, I've improved my iron swing and made it more efficient, hence my iron ss is certainly up along with my carry (I used to average 170-180 using the 86mph kind of swing, now I average 200+). I've also developed a draw with everything except the driver.

My drives are pretty poor most of the time lately, just poor smash factor and I have no confidence with where to place the ball. Doesn't do you a lick of good to swing at 120 if you don't middle the ball. I hit a few straight moon balls that carry 260ish into the woods every time I go to the range and I have carried it that far on the course but it's been a while since I've played on a course with driving holes, as I frequent my local par 60 and my range. And my trajectory can't seem to find a happy place, either. I'm great at swinging my driver but not as promising at hitting little white balls with it.

I really have to try out teeing my ball low and back. I used to do this and I could hit it 260-280 even before I developed power (I could swing about 105 average at the end of last season). In the last few months I've teed the ball high and forward, and it's killing my ability to make contact. I recently read the thread of Iacas's about the draw vs fade and teeing up the driver, and it would explain why I can hit giant cuts in the center of the face with a high tee, but only hit attempted draws off the heel with the driver. I guess I was trying to hit up and outward on the ball, which doesn't work with an on plane swing. I don't really know why I ever stopped teeing it up low and back. Seemed to work better for me even though it was partially a countermeasure against a slice I no longer have.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Note: This thread is 4276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!