IGNORED

Which way do you prefer to work the ball?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 5693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I tend to hit a little cut with everything because I can control it better then I can control the draw, but if I really need to draw it I can for the most part, but if it's in a tournament then I generally just play the safe part of the green.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Work the ball??? Yeah right. Im happy any time that I can hit the ball fairly straight.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Currently it seems like I don't have a choice other than slight fade. So I have been playing to that. Easier than trying to force it straight.

-E

In my Grom bag:

Driver........... Burner 9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood......... Burner 15* S-Flex
5-Wood......... Ovation 18* S-FlexIrons............. Pro Combos 3,5-PW Rifle 6.0Wedges......... CG12 52.10, 56.14, 60.10Putter............ 33" VP1 Milled PutterBall................ e6+ or B330-SRangefinder.....

when i started out about four years ago, i hit a fade on just about every shot. i couldn't draw the ball to save my life. but for the past year or so, and after changing practically every single aspect of my swing, i tend to hit a fairly strong draw and have trouble with fades. i can hit a soft fade if i only put a 3/4 swing or less on it, but if i really try to rear back and hit a power fade, it either flies dead straight or goes banana ball. :/

Maybe I'm weird but if I hit 100 balls with each of my irons, 90-95 of them with each club will go straight, whether it's straight left, straight straight, or straight right is a different story. But in any case they will go straight in some direction, it is very rare that I hook or slice an iron. I will draw or fade them slightly at times but it is so minimal the effect is null.

Good shot with my driver is a slight draw, decent shot a slight cut, bad shot being a huge slice. Good shot with my hybrid is a high, slight draw, decent shot is a low cut, bad shot is a low slice.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Have hit a slight draw the last 25 years or so but a back injury and slowly decreasing flexibility is making it hard.

As of last week I'm working on a nice gentle fade across the bag and it's getting there on the practice ground (changing my irons to some almost zero offset blades has helped) but I'll know more come Sunday when I try it for real in a match!

Hopefully, the draw will still be available on demand if necessary.

Re. trying to hit straight I'm sure Mr. Nicklaus once said he thought that was more difficult, consistently, than deliberately working the ball one way or the other.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hit a natuaral draw which i hit a mid call flight with. My bad shots are fades though & i can fade the ball if i want too.... rarely get it right though

i aim for my draw.. i'll probaly never hit it straight lol

In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

Note: This thread is 5693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!