IGNORED

Anyone else revamping the bag for the off season?

Note: This thread is 5646 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yup thanks to a pretty good deal with my parents I'm revampin the whole bag.
Just bought a scotty newport 2, and I'll be replacing every other club since the ones I have now are kinda sketchy. I'm thinkin I'll get a cobra L5V, burner tp 14.5 deg 3 wood, mp 32 irons, and either vokey or sv wedges; they're the only ones I like the look of at address.

Cleveland Hi-bore 9.5* stiff, Taylormade Burner T3 14.5* stiff, Mizuno mp 32 3-PW, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52, 56, 60* wedges, Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 35 inches
In the market for a new driver, then my bag will be the shiz.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't go wrong with the Nike SV wedges kyldo, I have been playing them all season, great for spin and seem pretty durable too.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

I'm happy with what I've got; the only thing I'm hoping to add is a Rangefinder. Looking at the Leupold GX 1.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I should be revamping my bag in spring, parents buying irons and I get woods, hybrids, etc.

Currently going to go with a set of X22 irons. Probably either G10 or Rapture hybrids, or maybe Callaway, and either X or Big Bertha woods.

Im set on wedges and driver and a putter, so that should last me at least 1 more year.

Driver: Big Bertha 460 11* w/ Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue 65R
Woods: Big Bertha 3 and 5 wood stock shaft, Light flex
Hybrids: None
Irons: Viper Tour 4-PW -1", 4* flat
Wedges: X-Tour 52.11*, 58.9*Putter: Classic 3 33"The Thing That Goes In The Hole (hopefully): NXT Tour"30 minutes a day keeps...

i have no need to get another putter or wedges. mine are perfect. i am going to get a ust v2 put in my driver and 3 wood, and probably get a set of blades sooner or later

In my Hoofer Vantage

Driver: 907D2 9.5*
Wood: 906F4 15.5* 3 wood
Hybrid: 585H 19*Irons: i10 3-pwWedges: tp black z 52* & 58*Putter: tracy II

Putting the (existing) G5 into the backup role. Will replace it with either a brand new G5, G10 or TaylorMade Tour Burner TP. (Any suggestions? pm)
Regrip irons, wedges, putter.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

getting another g5 wouldnt make too much sense. i say go for the g10 if you really like ping, or if you are looking for something new then tour burner tp it is

In my Hoofer Vantage

Driver: 907D2 9.5*
Wood: 906F4 15.5* 3 wood
Hybrid: 585H 19*Irons: i10 3-pwWedges: tp black z 52* & 58*Putter: tracy II

Well... probably not right now... but maybe toward the end of the off season... I'm trying to get a hold of rac MB smoke irons 2-PW... but i've been trying to get a good price on that... also trying to find Taylor Made 5 degree driver... lol

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I did not revamp mine but I revamped my fathers as he recently had a shoulder injury and is nearing 50 in age, seeing a decrease in swing speed and a lack of ball striking. He was using;

OLD Bag:

Olimar 9.5*
North-western 13*
Wilson 19*
Wilson 22*
North-Western 4-PW muscle backs
588 60*
North Western Chipper
North Western putter.

New Bag (all new except the 22* I got used)...it's more than 14 clubs and he is not sure on the arrangement quite yet:

2006 CG Launcher 10.5*
2006 CG Launcher 15*
2006 CG Sport 19*
2006 CG Launcher 22*
2006 CG Launcher 25*
Hibore 5 Iron
2006 Launcher Irons 6-PW
CG Gold D Wedge
588 56*
588 60*
CG VP Milled #3

He was playing steel in all of his last set minus the Driver, I have switched him over to graphite through the 5 hybrid and he is having a lot more fun playing without the shoulder pain. I've also switched him to a lower compression ball, he is now using Nike Karma and Wilson 50/50's. I couldn't keep using all of my fancy stuff and sit by watching my dad struggle with ill fitted equipment.

As for me, I will likely not buy do anything to my bag as I am pretty happy with it at the moment. I will however try out the 909 line of woods as the hype and curiosity are getting to me and of course I will continue my search for a back-up mallet putter.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

Wow, lucky guy...
How much did all that cost?

Driver: Big Bertha 460 11* w/ Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue 65R
Woods: Big Bertha 3 and 5 wood stock shaft, Light flex
Hybrids: None
Irons: Viper Tour 4-PW -1", 4* flat
Wedges: X-Tour 52.11*, 58.9*Putter: Classic 3 33"The Thing That Goes In The Hole (hopefully): NXT Tour"30 minutes a day keeps...

You know I ebayed half and bought some at local shops, I want to say 400'ish? He has no idea how much I spent though, he wouldn't want me to spend that much on him so I didn't keep track on purpose so I don't accidentally let it slip ;)

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

I picked up some Mizuno Mp-57s and Eidolon wedges this past month. A very nice upgrade over my 13 year old Silver Scot 845s!
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 10*
Fairway Woods: Callaway X-Hot 15*, Callaway X 2008 18*
Hybrids: Callaway X-Hybrid 21*
Irons: Mizuno MP-57 5-PW (27*, 31*, 35*, 39*, 43*, 47*)
Wedges: Eidolon V-Sole GW (52*), SW (56*), LW (60*)Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball White Steel BladeBall: Bridgestone e6 BallStand Bag: Ogio...

yay the irons (in sig) showed up today

Now to pick up the SV wedge and bag this week to make the sig accurate.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

I've done all the revamping that I'm gonna do for a long while. My putter and all my woods & hybrid are new additions as well as fresh grips on my irons & wedges.

Nothing to do now but practice and play.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Ill be replacing my irons and either getting a different 3 hybrid or reshafting the one i have. Other than that my other equipment has plenty of life left in it and a solid spot in my bag.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

New wedges (Ping Tour W 54 and 58)
New woods (TM Burner T3 and T5 which i love)
New putter (Ping Piper)

Picked up a new pair of Puma shoes to wear at the range during the winter on eBay and looking to get a bag of 1000 tee's too maybe.

I've never changed so many clubs in such a short space of time and it cost me very little (had vouchers & trade ins) so thought might as well!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I just copped the Scotty Cameron Limited Edition Button Back Newport 2... very pretty..

I also just added the callaway FT 3 wood to my bag and I preordered the Callaway FT-IQ to replace my Cleveland Hibore that i banged up practicing my driving (since i just started a few months ago, made a dent)...

very excited for Nov. 15 for the IQ
Taylormade R9 TP 9.5*w/ Diamana Kai'li 70 S (SST PURE)
Callaway FT 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black Hybrid 20* w/ Voodoo NV8 S
MP-68 3-PW irons w/ KBS Tour X-flex (softstepped 1x)
Cleveland CG-12 52.10Cleveland CG-15 DSG 56.08 Vokey Limited Edition 60-V w/ KBS black nickel S-FlexCircle T Beached Center Shaft...

Note: This thread is 5646 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!