IGNORED

Obama's "redistribution of wealth"

st0wgolf08
Note: This thread is 5655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Forgot to add that under Obama's plan, those big corporations that will see tax increases can hire American workers for a tax credit. I'm still baffled at how patriotic Americans can side with conglomerates that hire overseas workers.

Let's see, 3k in tax credit to create a 35k job, wow I just saved 32k, or is that I just lost 32k! Please do not insult our intelligence.... jmoc

"Courage is fear holding on one minute longer." Gen. Geo. S. Patton, 5 June 1944

Grom Desert Camo
Dymo HL Driver and 5 Wood
GC Hybrids 3-5 i15 irons 6-pw Tour-W 50*, 54* and 58* wedges White Hot XG Hawk Freak Neo GPS

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a bit off-topic, but funny nonetheless...it was an email sent to me yesterday.

Judy Wallman, a professional genealogical researcher, discovered that
Hillary Clinton's great-great uncle, Remus Rodham, was hanged for horse
stealing and train robbery in Montana in 1889.

The only known photograph of Remus shows him standing on the gallows. On the back of the picture is this inscription: 'Remus Rodham; horse thief, sent to
Montana Territorial Prison 1883, escaped 1887, robbed the Montana Flyer six
times. Caught by Pinkerton detectives, convicted, and hanged in 1889.'

Judy e-mailed Hillary Clinton for comments. Hillary's staff sent back the
following biographical sketch:

'Remus Rodham was a famous cowboy in the Montana Territory . His business
empire grew to include acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and
intimate dealings with the Montana railroad. Beginning in 1883, he devoted
several years of his life to service at a government facility, finally
taking leave in 1887 to resume his dealings with the railroad. Subsequently,
he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the renowned Pinkerton
Detective Agency. In 1889, Remus passed away during an important civic
function held in his honor, when the platform on which he was standing
collapsed.'

And that is how it's done, folks!

Let's see, 3k in tax credit to create a 35k job, wow I just saved 32k, or is that I just lost 32k! Please do not insult our intelligence.... jmoc

The point is that Americans

want to work and the big corporations send those jobs overseas instead. Better to have that 32k that was lost (according to you) stay right nere in the U.S...r u saying that the American work force is a waste of money?

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Perhaps the dispute is an interpretive difference with "equality". Some focus on compensatory equality, while others want an egalitarian equality. It just comes down to how much meritocracy you want in society.

As long as your comfortable with the guy that is "forcing" the equallity, then things are fine. But when that guy decides you have it too good, then your opinion will change. I have never seen a society that could artifically enforce/create equality, reds, blues, republics, democracies, socalists, or communists, none have ever done it, or come close..... jmoc

"Courage is fear holding on one minute longer." Gen. Geo. S. Patton, 5 June 1944

Grom Desert Camo
GC Hybrids 3-5 i15 irons 6-pw Tour-W 50*, 54* and 58* wedges White Hot XG Hawk Freak Neo GPS

Prepare to see even more of that happening when you cut into a companies bottom line. One of three things will happen: They'll leave and go someplace else; they'll raise prices; or, they'll cut payroll. Be happy with your "tax cut" because you might not be making as much as you're used to.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

I note that this election, more than any other, the parties have turned more "tribal" and have managed to create a serious us vs. them mentality which ends up with neighbors hating each other based on their political alliegances (note: not views or values). Americans have never thought of each other so poorly. That kind of blind tribal hate is really, really bad for us as a country and both sides are equally to blame. If we are going to recover, we're going to have to do it together no matter who is President.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

jmoc, the 35k salary is 100% deductible, plus you would receive an additional 3k tax credit incentive. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you wouldn't bother with the the $35k salary unless you thought it was going to return significantly more than that in revenue and ultimately net income. Who is insulting whose intelligence?

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

The point is that Americans

Not in the least, but saying 3k is an insentive to "create" a job is a canard and an insult. Companies create jobs when it creates more profit than the expense it imposes, not to feel good about themselves.... jmoc

Grom Desert Camo

I note that this election, more than any other, the parties have turned more "tribal" and have managed to create a serious us vs. them mentality which ends up with neighbors hating each other based on their political alliegances (note: not views or values). Americans have never thought of each other so poorly. That kind of blind tribal hate is really, really bad for us as a country and both sides are equally to blame. If we are going to recover, we're going to have to do it together no matter who is President.

Although it always happens, there also seems to be many more people taking propaganda and believing it as true. This is for supporters of both candidates.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

I don't think you people are listening.
There will be no tax cut. All taxes will go up .
BO has already started to tell you the economy is so bad things will have to be pushed back.
His social agenda will be so expensive, massive tax increases will be necessary.
With a Democrat controlled house and senate that will be no problem.
Jobs will go away making further tax increases necessary.
Economist pretty much agree, any tax increase in a bad economy will make matters worse.
Current thinking is that Roosevelt's tax increase on the "rich" prolonged the depression by several years.
History is very important. Read it. Heed its lessons.
A liberal agenda is exactly what we don't need.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you wouldn't bother with the the $35k salary unless you thought it was going to return significantly more than that in revenue and ultimately net income.

Again, we agree.... jmoc

Grom Desert Camo

Not in the least, but saying 3k is an insentive to "create" a job is a canard and an insult. Companies create jobs when it creates more profit than the expense it imposes, not to feel good about themselves.... jmoc

I guess you have a completely different view of what the term 'insult' is. As an American (to me), its insulting to see American companies take advantage of overseas labor just so they can cut themselves a huge check AND not pay taxes.

McDonalds has one of the biggest toy manufacturing outfits for their happy meals...what do you see when you look at where its made? CHINA. Obama's view is that the only way to rebuild this economy back to a stable world power is to build from the ground up by - (you guessed it) more American jobs!

In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I don't think you people are listening.

Where did you get this info from. I am just curious. Is it something you read from a reputable source or did you hear it from some guy and are now passing it off as truth. I am really wondering. Not being a smart ass.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Obama's view is that the only way to rebuild this economy back to a stable world power is to build from the ground up by - (you guessed it) more American jobs!

Then you might not want to increase the taxes on the people and businesses who are supposed to supply those jobs. Or have you been employed by a poor person before?

My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Again, we agree.... jmoc

So what's your point? It's not good enough to be just plain old

profitable , you have to be really stinking profitable?... or else you're being insulted ????

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Then you might not want to increase the taxes on the people and businesses who are supposed to supply those jobs. Or have you been employed by a poor person before?

Seriously though. It's not like Obama is raising the taxes to some # that has never been seen before. He is raising them to right around where they were with Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton.

Our economy was doing pretty well then.

In the
AMP Cart Bag

Where did you get this info from. I am just curious. Is it something you read from a reputable source or did you hear it from some guy and are now passing it off as truth. I am really wondering. Not being a smart ass.

He made it up, obviously. Either that or he should be making a fortune in the "crystal ball manufacturing" business.

He heard an idea that sounded appealing to much of America, didn't agree with it, and decided to call the candidate a liar.

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

I think you're still missing the point.

The point is to give incentive to American companies to keep jobs right here in the U.S. while alleviating the ulcer that has manifested over the past few decades in how Americans affect the increasingly global economy. What good is it for America as a whole if their own people lose jobs to people in China so that corporations can pay as little as a dollar a day? In fact - sometimes less...Ugh, its disgusting. Another underlying incentive is to promote competition instead of having one company constantly eat up other companies (this applies to banks too) - in a sense - we've been putting all our eggs in one basket. We need more and more smaller banks in the fray. They have a more personable connection to the needs of American companies (small and big) instead of the BIG banks that simply use a computer formula to assess what value is in it for them alone. Its the greater good of the American economy that has been compromised and needs a reboot. It won't happen overnight, but you will all look back and realize that the choice is clear - Obama 08.

Note: This thread is 5655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!