IGNORED

Question concerning tour exemptions...

MSDOGS1976
Note: This thread is 5676 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was watching Ryan Palmer win yesterday and they said he is now exempt for 2 years. What if he had already been exempt for next year, let's say from a previous victory. Would the new 2 year exemption be added on to the 1 year he already had banked or does that matter? In other words, would he still just have a 2 year exemption going forward? I'm thinking just 2, but not certain.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I was watching Ryan Palmer win yesterday and they said he is now exempt for 2 years. What if he had already been exempt for next year, let's say from a previous victory. Would the new 2 year exemption be added on to the 1 year he already had banked or does that matter? In other words, would he still just have a 2 year exemption going forward? I'm thinking just 2, but not certain.

My understanding is that a win gets you two years, plus the rest of the current year. Each additional win adds a year to that. So, based on my understanding, Anthony Kim's victory at Quail Hollow got him his card through 2010, and AT&T; National gets him through 2011.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Greetings ...

Shindig got it right. Ryan Palmer will indeed be fully exempt fron now to thru the end of 2010. If Palmer were to win just one regular event in 2009, then he would be exempt thru the end of 2011.

Anthony Kim is exempt thru 2011 because he won twice in 2008. Kenny Perry is exempt thru 2012 because of his three wins in 2008.

If, in 2009, either Perry or Kim won a major, the Players, the Fed Ex Cup or the Money Leader Title, then they would be exempt under one of those thru the end of 2014.

Although Padraig Harrington won two majors in 2008, he does NOT get an extra year of exempt status. He is likely to be listed by the PGA Tour Media Guide as "Winner, 2008 PGA Championship (through 2013)".

Vijay Singh was already exempt thru 2009 for his 2004 PGA Championship win. That will still be the way the Media Guide lists him through the end of 2009. After that, he will be listed as "Winner, 2008 Fed Ex Cup (through 2013)" - unless of course he wins another major or the Players.

Thanx-A-Lot, Frank-0-Sport

PGA Tour Exemption Categories

ak, kenny perry would be exempt anyway being in the top 125 on the money list anyway. vj had 20 tour wins which means he has lifetime exemption on the pga tour as does tiger and phil.

Note: This thread is 5676 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!