IGNORED

Phil & Freddy - awesome sight

Deep Stuff
Note: This thread is 6584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They are playing for possibly the most coveted prize in Golf, maybe even sport and they are laughing, smiling, talking and enjoying the round. It is an AWESOME SIGHT!!! They way they look is like me and my pals walking up a green or towards a tee box. Well, with the exception of the shot the shots they make.

I got engaged on November 19, 2005 to a lady who had bought me a Taylormade R580XD, Adams Irons a Calloway "MLB" bag, a Calloway Golf jacket (different holidays / birthdays / etc) and tells me I should "go play with the guys."

In the Bag
Driver: Taylormade R580 XD
3 & 4 Adams I-Wood 5-P: Adams A1Sa...

I sure hope that Tom Lehman is paying attenion to the sportsmanship and camaraderie between these two great players. I hope I never see Tiger and Phil teamed up again.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

• Administrator
I sure hope that Tom Lehman is paying attenion to the sportsmanship and camaraderie between these two great players. I hope I never see Tiger and Phil teamed up again.

I think Tiger found a partner in Jim Furyk, and I'm not sure Phil and Freddie are a great combo. Their games don't complement each other, particularly Freddy's putting stroke.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think Tiger found a partner in Jim Furyk, and I'm not sure Phil and Freddie are a great combo. Their games don't complement each other, particularly Freddy's putting stroke.

I get what you are saying but I think team chemistry is important. Last year I played in a Best Ball Tournament with an arrogant +2 handicap and he got so mad at me because I missed a 7 footer for birdie that I ended the day shooting 78 to his 80.

He let that putt get to him to the point that we lost the match. After he had the nerve to comment on it and I told him "excuse me but I'm an 8 you're +2 those putts aren't tap ins for me."

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

i wish fred coulda won. I'm not a lefty fan

Driver-Wilson Deep Red II .428 shaft (stiff)
3 Wood-Mizuno T-Zoid Blue Rage (stiff)
5 wood-Mizuno T-Zoid Blue Rage (stiff)
3 Iron Hybrid- Wilson fat shaft(17*)
4 Iron Hybrid- Wilson fat shaft(21*)5-PW-Wilson fat shaft52-56-68 Degree wedges- Wilson HarmonizedPutter- Top Flite Mallet

i wish fred coulda won. I'm not a lefty fan

I thought everybody was??

I like Phil. He seems like a regular guy with his priorities in order. Seeing him with his little girls and going back for a second hug was a great sight. A friend of mine met him at Bethpage black. He was up in Westchester and he and his caddie came down to the island to look at Black (in 2001). The story goes, my friend said to him, "Hey Phil, What do you think about our little playground." Phil, made some jokes about the course and said somthing to the extent, this is no playground, it seems like a place where golfers are sent to be punished. He seems like a very sincere guy...the type of guy I can drinka beer with.

I got engaged on November 19, 2005 to a lady who had bought me a Taylormade R580XD, Adams Irons a Calloway "MLB" bag, a Calloway Golf jacket (different holidays / birthdays / etc) and tells me I should "go play with the guys."

In the Bag
Driver: Taylormade R580 XD
3 & 4 Adams I-Wood 5-P: Adams A1Sa...

I too thought their camraderie was great to watch. That, to me, is a great example of what golf should be like... two competitors going head to head on the final day and yet enjoying each other's company in the process.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
He seems like a very sincere guy...the type of guy I can drinka beer with.

Phil bashing, FWIW, will not be tolerated here in this thread. Congrats. He played a superb round of golf.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Phil bashing, FWIW, will not be tolerated here in this thread. Congrats. He played a superb round of golf.

Right, there is already one out there for that :)

It was a fun watch, although I was really upset I couldn't watch it from home on high definition. All in all it was a great tourny, despite my least favorite golfer winning. And it is great to see Boom Boom still has some game left in him. I just don't understand hit putting, he used to be way up there in the putting stats.

It seemed like Freddys stroke was so quick over those 8 footers but the longer ones he had a nice stroke. Great Masters, I feel terrible for Mediate though, he didnt deserve that.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

Let me say this if you cant get along with Freddie then maybe there is something wrong.But supposedly they are friends on and off the course.Phill played well enough to win and he stayed away from the big mistake that he had become famous for.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

• Administrator
It was a fun watch, although I was really upset I couldn't watch it from home on high definition. All in all it was a great tourny, despite my least favorite golfer winning. And it is great to see Boom Boom still has some game left in him. I just don't understand hit putting, he used to be way up there in the putting stats.

I think that a few of us could have putted well enough to possibly win Freddie another Masters. Just give me an hour to warm up and a caddie that knows how to read the greens. Maybe not even the second part.

On the other side, they weren't all dropping for Phil on the front nine either.

I personally think if Couples makes a few of those putts early in the round, the green jacket is his. He would have put a lot of pressure on Phil and maybe Phil would have done what he is famous for, who knows.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

• Administrator
I personally think if Couples makes a few of those putts early in the round, the green jacket is his. He would have put a lot of pressure on Phil and maybe Phil would have done what he is famous for, who knows.

Nobody ever got Phil down even a stroke. It was, as Masters go, a rather boring Sunday afternoon.

/me wonders how sales of pairs of FT-3 drivers are going today. :: groan ::

Ummmm what exactly is it that Phil IS famous for? Is he famous for winning 17 out of 21 tournaments when he has held a piece of the 54 hole lead? (got that stat off the GC) Or maybe is he famous for winning 2 out of the last 3 Masters? Possibly you think he is famous for winning the last 2 majors? You can say what you want about Phil, but to say he isn't a closer or he chokes, well the stats don't support you.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I like phil and he made changes with his equipment to help him win, for him it was going to two drivers and a new putter. if you keep hitting a club for a shot your not comfortable with get a club that works for your game. Phil and freddy reminded me of the days when fuzzy and norman was having fun on the course.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

It was great to see those two in the final pairing...they congratulated each other after good holes and gave each other high fives...the way golf is supposed to be. Although Freddie fell behind on Sunday I was rooting for him to pull it out, but im just happy to see that he is still that competitive :)
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Ummmm what exactly is it that Phil IS famous for? Is he famous for winning 17 out of 21 tournaments when he has held a piece of the 54 hole lead? (got that stat off the GC) Or maybe is he famous for winning 2 out of the last 3 Masters? Possibly you think he is famous for winning the last 2 majors? You can say what you want about Phil, but to say he isn't a closer or he chokes, well the stats don't support you.

Ok, how about from 1993-2003, finishing in the Top Ten of 17 Majors with zero wins. Five times he finished 3rd, and three 2nd place finishes. Was in position to take it all more than that, only to be betrayed by poor decisions and a balky putter.

Yes, ever since his 2004 Masters win, he's been fantastic. And he was a great player even during his Majors drought. But to pretend that he was never famous for falling apart in the Majors is pure FIGJAM-Love.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

Note: This thread is 6584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!