IGNORED

One 4some, multiple tees?

Note: This thread is 6588 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How should I handle playing in a foursome that wants to use Blue tee boxes
when I would prefer to play the whites ????
We switched courses this year and I would prefer playing the course easier for at least the beginning of the season.
Will using multiple tees ruin games and competitions we play???
I know it could most likely slow play down.
Also will it be a problem with my handicap ???

Driver :T Edge CB-1 or Cally Mini Driver 14* or GBB 11*
Tour Edge CB2 15* 3 wood (Best Club Ever!)

Callaway XR 5Wood (New BCE!)

Hybrids: Nike SQ 23*  Tour Edge 28*

Irons: TMade RAC  7-PW   T Flight 56 SWedge
Putter: Odyssey 2 Ball Blade, SStroke flatside to hole

• Administrator
How should I handle playing in a foursome that wants to use Blue tee boxes

You can compute your handicap(s) for different tees. Do that. I have no problem playing with people who want to play the blues at my course while I play the blacks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If they want to use blue go ahead and let them, you could just be ready with driver, ball, and tee as soon as they were done. It would be minor hassle, but the biggest problem would be the heckling you'd get. Others will have to chime in on games and competitions you play.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Also will it be a problem with my handicap ???

If the difference in distance between the white and blue tees is minimal, its probably better for you handicap to play the blues. Most holes will only play 1 or 2 clubs longer from the blue, so I like playing blue. As far as handicap goes, you may be better off shooting 84 from the tips than 79 from the white.
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

Oooooooooooh. When I am playing as a solo in another group who are playin the back tee's, I join them. It is usally a minor change at most of the courses I play. Also it gives an old course, a new feel for me. The course I plan on playing often thist year, Sunken Meadow, seems to really make the back tee's harder on a few holes. Fortunatley I only go there with my group and not as a solo.

If your friends are anything like mine, you better make sure you out drive them on every hole. If not you are going to hear it. You are in a no win situation with your foresome. If you score better, they will throw the tee's at you. If you score higher, they can really rib on ya.

I got engaged on November 19, 2005 to a lady who had bought me a Taylormade R580XD, Adams Irons a Calloway "MLB" bag, a Calloway Golf jacket (different holidays / birthdays / etc) and tells me I should "go play with the guys."

In the Bag
Driver: Taylormade R580 XD
3 & 4 Adams I-Wood 5-P: Adams A1Sa...

If you can play from the blues,go for it. You don't say what the whites and blue yardage is? being a 12 handicap and the blues are around 6400yds without a forced carry you can't make you should be okay, it may even help your game.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Instead of Sunken Meadow go over to Bethpage and play 9 on the Yellow instead.Nicer course more of a test.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I'd tell you to play from whatever set of tees you want to.

Your group should be receptive and accomodating to your level of play.

Although, if you guys have a few sawbucks on the line, then I might have to ask you to cowboy up and play further back.

Matt Karlak
a.k.a. The Undaunted Duffer

Driver: GT Xtreme
3 Wood: EVO5 Wood: Tight LiesHybrid: 3 ironIrons: X16's 4-SWPutter: AnserBall: DT SoLo

The computation involving the course handicap can differ slightly between different tee boxes. If everyone in your group has a valid handicap index, playing from different tees can be calculated correctly. By playing from the forward tees you may be forfeiting a handicap stroke on a one hole and conversly playing from your group's preferred back tee may gain you a handicap stroke on a hole. Study the scorecard and see what is best for you.

SP from NJ
If your handicap if 5 or more points

If they want to use blue go ahead and let them, you could just be ready with driver, ball, and tee as soon as they were done.

Sound advice. Don't wander back to the blue tees with them if they are separated by a significant distance. You may miss out on some conversation if you are waiting on every tee, but that is the trade-off. I'll often back up as much as I can. The rest of the guys are wating at their tee and as soon as I hit they have a tee in the ground and start on their pre-shot routine.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Since we are answering with out all the facts if its for some $$ tell them if you have to play from the back they need to give you x-number of strokes per side, play where you want and don't bet or pay them on the first tee and have fun. Most people don't know their true handicaps or how to use them from course to course. many don't have handicap and only guess, in the bar thier a 6-10 when they get to the tee they become a 18+ and ready to bet.LOL

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Note: This thread is 6588 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!