IGNORED

illegal clubs

Note: This thread is 5345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

has anyone ever screwed around with or actually own non comforming/illegal clubs?
a buddy of mine is into gadgets/miracle equipment/buying a better game...
well we were at the range one day and i decided to check out some of the stuff he had...
he's definately not a tournament golfer...
and if we were to put money down on a round... id consider half of his stuff cheater stuff... hahaha...
he's got like a big fat bastard driver... those wedges that have interchangable sand paper faces... putters with laser sighting or alignment...
reminds me of rodney dangerfield...
the only thing i had fun screwing around with is his giant driver... i think ill get one so i can punish some balls if i have a bad round... i saw one on ebay for 60 bucks
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

has anyone ever screwed around with or actually own non comforming/illegal clubs?

WOW the wedges actually have sand paper? Holy cow!!! And i thought the burner was a big driver LOL. Trick him into a match and charge him 4 or 5 strokes a hole for the unconformities LOL.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I used to have one of those 2-way chippers. Id probably buy another chipper, but then Id have to remove a club from my bag and I honestly dont know what Id be willing to give up in order to make room for a club that is a 1 trick pony.
Why give up one of my hybrids or wedges when I could grip down on a 7 or 8-iron and do the same thing that a chipper does?

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

i have one of those Spin Doctor wedges that i bought just to fool around with. when you put the Spin Insert in it, you can back a ball up 40 feet. the last time i took it to the course i hit a shot that bounced once on the green then it went down into the rough, and spinned back up onto the green! the guy who was standing near it said he could HEAR the ball spinning! it backed up UPHILL about 15-20 feet thru the rough back onto the green. it was hilarious!

i have one of those Spin Doctor wedges that i bought just to fool around with. when you put the Spin Insert in it, you can back a ball up 40 feet. the last time i took it to the course i hit a shot that bounced once on the green then it went down into the rough, and spinned back up onto the green! the guy who was standing near it said he could HEAR the ball spinning! it backed up UPHILL about 15-20 feet thru the rough back onto the green. it was hilarious!

thats crazy... hahaha... that would be worth seeing

And i thought my new vokey was spinny LOL. Thats hilarious

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

yeah ive seen one of those wedges in action.. you can actually see the ball digging through the green and throwing chunks of grass and dirt up as it starts spinning back... pretty cool... but too much spin for me. id also hate to fix the 3 inch deep ball marks every time...

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

I've been looking at eBay at a non-conforming HiBore XL, with a COR of .860 instead of .830. Do you think there would be a noticeable difference between the two clubs?

ive always wondered about this too. ive never hit a driver with a .cor over .830 so id like to know if there is a difference. one thing i have heard is that you need to have a

relatively high SS in order to gain any distance with a driver over .830. but i dont know what they meant by a relatively high SS, or if its even true or not

ive always wondered about this too. ive never hit a driver with a .cor over .830 so id like to know if there is a difference. one thing i have heard is that you need to have a

Yes, big difference. A freind of mine bought an early Hibore, he was about a 20 hcap but could pound the ball, especially with his irons (former college football player, O lineman)...hit his 3 iron around 230 (his putting and short game was terrible). His Driver swing sucked but he still nailed it, I tried the club and could not believe how it jumped off the face. One hot face.

It's cheating, thats why I don't play many scrambles for money anymore...Illegal clubs, balls, chapstick on the face of the driver, etc....

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Yes, big difference. A freind of mine bought an early Hibore, he was about a 20 hcap but could pound the ball, especially with his irons (former college football player, O lineman)...hit his 3 iron around 230 (his putting and short game was terrible). His Driver swing sucked but he still nailed it, I tried the club and could not believe how it jumped off the face. One hot face.

hmm, chapstick on the face of the driver huh? gonna have to try that one out tomorrow, hehe....does that work???

hmm, chapstick on the face of the driver huh? gonna have to try that one out tomorrow, hehe....does that work???

I think it started out as vasoline. The idea is it cuts down on all the spin, side spin ideally. It would be an awful idea for me as I actually need backspin to get a little lift on my driver.

I personally, and I know this is sooo judgemental, look down on guys playing non-conforming clubs. But if we're not playing for money, I couldn't care less what they play.

It shouldn't be too hard to decide. You only have 13 clubs listed. But then, I don't see any hybrids listed...

I used to have one of those 2-way chippers. Id probably buy another chipper, but then Id have to remove a club from my bag and I honestly dont know what Id be willing to give up in order to make room for a club that is a 1 trick pony.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

I personally, and I know this is sooo judgemental, look down on guys playing non-conforming clubs. But if we're not playing for money, I couldn't care less what they play.

yeah... i definately dont play my buddy for money cuz i also think its cheating... if it werent... then the clubs would be legal...

i still want a big giant driver just to mess around and have fun on the driving range... hahaha

well i have a couple of those spin doctor wedges.... I hit one and it spun from 4 yards off the green, tore a path thru the rough, and settled about 3 yards from the pin. The total distance it spun back was like 18 or so yards. My friend thought that i was using my normal wedge (vokey), and he was like "damn, im gonna have to get me some of those!!!!". So the next time i see him he has brand new wedges and cant spin it back for crap, so i told him what i was really using.... He was PISSED OFF!!! lol...thats the funniest ting that i have ever seen or done on a golf course...
~Chris
  • Like 1

In my vaporlite carry bag
DRIVER ft-5. 9* Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard 73 X-stiff
FWY WOOD: 980F 15 EI-70 X Stiff
Hybrid: Burner tour launch 4 hybrid
IRONS mp-57 4-pw with project x 6.5 shaftsPUTTER: Rossa Classic AGSI+ Monte Carlo WEDGES vokey spin milled oil can 52.08, 58.12Niblick 42*

a guy i play with sometimes bought a chipper and that club has shaved SEVERAL strokes off his game. he's not a great golfer (shoots low-mid 90's), but that club helped him in an area that he was having real trouble with. he just couldnt use a 7 or 8 iron to chip with for some weird reason. im not sure if they're illegal though

Most of the chippers I've picked up have been very heavy. I don't think they are a necessity, but being so heavy they have to be really easy to keep on line. I think everyone's issue with them is what club to drop to add one. Also a little ego is involved too I'm sure. I picked up the chipper that was on display with a Callaway Ladies Gem starter set and ohhh man....if it chips like it feels I'd love to have one. Plus that chipper had a really upright lie compared to the 8 iron loft (i think) that it uses. You just make a putting motion.

• 7 months later...
Yeah the spin doctor will definitely tear up the green as well as put 2 or 3 little 'smiles' on any softer ball you hit with it, but it is pretty funny to whip out when playing with those who don't know you have it. And I agree, you CAN actually hear the ball in flight whizzing by with it. You can also chunk the hell out of shots if you are not careful...

Scott

Note: This thread is 5345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!