IGNORED

The best tips ever

Power_fade
Note: This thread is 4763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

golf saying as tips

1) keep your putts low
2) hit the little ball before the big ball
3) Its not how you drive but its how you arrive
4) never up never in
5) drive for show and putt for dough

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter what your swing looks like as long as it's repeatable and the ball goes where you want.

When you practice work on your technique.

When you are on the course only think about your target and nothing else.

Talent isn't that important in golf. If you want to get good practice the right things until your hands bleed. Then wipe the blood off and keep practicing.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

best thing is to relax.

Visualise yourself at the driving range without the pressure of the game. relax and take your swing and you'll be surprised with the results!

Works with all clubs except my driver!!

Best tip is a quote about having the right mentality.

"Golf is a walk in the park. The worst thing that can happen is I lose a golf ball."

Moe Norman.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

I was a better player when I didn’t know much about the game. At 17, the only thing I did was square the club with my hands. Since I went away from that these many years my game has suffered:

Open it a little going back & square it as late as possible before impact. End of story.

905T, 9½° driver
Hyper X, 15° 3-wood
PT585H, 17° 2-hybrid
3DX RC, 20° 3-hybrid
Eye2, 4 â LW Circa '62 #2

These two went hand in hand for me last season:

Work on getting a proper grip.

When you change something in your game, it will get a lot worse before it gets better.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Old reliable.....keep your head still!!!!! I see so many players head moving...up and down...back and forth during the swing. Its very hard to be consistant with added movements. I struggle with this myself.

909 D3 with Diamana White X
909 F3 15degree with Aldila Vodoo
ZM Forged 2-PW
Voley 56 and 60
Studio Newport 1.5 PRo V1X

Old reliable.....keep your head still!!!!! I see so many players head moving...up and down...back and forth during the swing. Its very hard to be consistant with added movements. I struggle with this myself.

A variation of that tip is, "Don't turn your head until _after_ you hit the ball - let the shoulders turn your neck and head for you". I just found out today I was turning my head during the downswing and didn't even know it, which was resulting in pushes with my hybrids and wood and a big push-slice with my driver. I was probably trying to follow the ball with my eyes after I hit it and was moving my head, which was making me leave the club face open upon impact. When I concentrated today to keep my head and neck still during the downswing, allowing the shoulders to turn them, I hit the ball pretty straight with driver and didn't slice once. I am so relieved, since I was fighting this push/slice for the last six months.

2011 Goals:
* Improve club-head speed to 90 mph with the driver
* Ensure increased speed does not compromise accuracy
* Prevent overextending on the back-swing (left-arm is bending too much at the top)
* Relax arms initially at address ( too tense)* Play more full rounds (failed from 2010)

Note: This thread is 4763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!