IGNORED

Tiger and Steroids

Smhockey
Note: This thread is 5525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger has achieved amazing results at every level of golf he has played. I truly don't see much motivation for him to take steroids given the risk vs. reward angle. Yeah, he is only human, kinda, but it would be the most shocking revelation in sports. I don't think he has taken them.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arnold Scwarzenegger...theres a lot of discussion about this on youtube..whether he did or did not. He's never admitted to using steroids. Some say that it was more his dietary and exercise regime that got him to be as big as he was. Some people are genetically pre disposed to being muscle bound and generally athletic.

No one should take steroids anyway as it can cause serious heart and liver damage folks.

What is it with all these conspiracy theories? Not even golf is immune!

He stopped just before the current economic meltdown too. Hmmm, wonder if he caused that during his recuperation by dabbling in the markets?!!!!!

-----------------------
Golf Predictor Guru
-----------------------

What is it with all these conspiracy theories? Not even golf is immune!

No, its more likely that the doctor told him to curb his promiscuous behaviour with his wife (Elin), and that he should get back to the golf course as soon as possible. Too much time wife the wife turns most people doolali!

• Administrator
Arnold Scwarzenegger...theres a lot of discussion about this on youtube..whether he did or did not. He's never admitted to using steroids.

Dude... And you wonder why you routinely find yourself in the penalty box and with negative reputation? Scroll up. Read one of my posts. He's admitted to it. Step into the real world.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Better living through iatrochemistry…

Arnold used to pop D-BOL like they were M&M;’s in an effort to build both his body and his number of Mr. Olympia titles.

Tiger is not really that muscular - he’s just in good shape. So… no, I don’t think that he took any androgenic/anabolic compounds.

Although, we also thought that A-Rod was just genetically gifted too.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

Although, we also thought that A-Rod was just genetically gifted too.

We did? Because he said so?
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

I heard some people the other day talking about steroids and pro athletes and someone mentioned Tiger. They said it funny that Tiger some how got injured right before the tour started testing for steroids. I thought a little about it and it kinda seems plausible. He did go from a skinny little kid to a huge muscular guy. All the other pro sports seem to be doing steroids.

I have heard incredible stories of football players being so hyped on adrenaline that they are able to play through fractures, major sprains, etc. Its safe to say there was some adrenaline flowing through Tiger when he made that putt on 18. So I find no reason why Tiger wouldn't be able to give a fairly physical emotion to that putt.

It also seems to me that despite the growing presence of steroids in professional sports, people also tend to forget that much has been learned about strenght training and physical fitness over the last ten or fifteen years as well. Science and strength trainers have made leaps and bounds in discovering newer and more efficient ways to build greater amounts of muscle in a shorter period of time. So if you take Tiger as an example, you can see through photos that he has gradually gained muscle mass over the course of the last twelve years or so. It is also well documented that Tiger has a vigorous workout routine and puts many hours into his body. I have no doubt in my mind that Tiger could achieve the gains that he did through diligent exercise and a nutritous diet (that probably included some type of protein supplement).

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

Arnold Scwarzenegger...theres a lot of discussion about this on youtube..whether he did or did not. He's never admitted to using steroids. Some say that it was more his dietary and exercise regime that got him to be as big as he was. Some people are genetically pre disposed to being muscle bound and generally athletic.

I don't mind crazy theories or anything, but Schwarzenegger (sp?) admitted it in one of his books if I'm not mistaken. I think it's called the Bodybuilding Bible or something like that. I'm not sure if the quote that iacas posted is true (it's from wiki after all

), but it's kind of accepted fact that he was a juicer.
Tiger works harder than any other golfer. His average day is about 12 hours of either golfing or working out. Even the thought of him taking steroids is ridiculous. He's worked hard for everything he's ever gotten.

Everyone used to say how clean A-Rod was and how he was going to save the game. Everyone said that he worked really hard and everything...and now what?

I would guess that every single professional athlete has worked hard to get to where he or she is. I just don't like the thought of the 'if you work hard, you won't do steroids' theory.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

First: nothing surprises me anymore

Second: I think golf is one of the few sports where muscle mass is not indicative of good play (think Corey Pavin, and Phil Mickelson)

Third: I think Tiger is too smart to even consider performance enhancing drugs.

Fourth: and in my opinion, the most important. Tiger respects the heck out of his Dad and he would never ever want to let his Dad down or tarnish the memory of his Dad.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

+1

I am not saying he did roids but it wouldn't surprise me. Alot of people are saying "there is no way he did roids, b/c he works out so much." or "He isn't that muscular". First, different steroids do different things. Some don't make you gain weight at all, they just cut you up... I guess what i'm saying is just because someone doesn't look like they are on steroids doesn't mean they aren't. And steroids don't make you stronger, they let you work out longer and with less rest.

Last I checked, steriods don't improve mental focus, hand-eye coordination, or any of that stuff. If anything, it ruins them. Steroids give you muscles; that's it.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

FWIW, Steroids are only worth taking if your very knowledgeable about them and if your body has reached its natural limit (size wise). Taking steroids inappropriately can and probably will lead to bad side effects.

Tiger IMO has too many experts around him telling him not to, and Tiger is too smart to take steroids.

Tigers gain in size will have been achieved through an immaculate diet and a very intense training regime, it could almost be considered an insult to accuse him of taken steds.

Oh, and just a little opinion of mine, but it is worth remembering that Gary Players announcements of players taking performance enhancing drugs happened to coincide with the release of his new book

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Tiger obviously has the best Doctor money can buy.

He was "Yoked" at the US open a couple of years back, much bigger than the last 2 years, ....remember the tight red shirt and the pro wrestler type walk to the first tee in the final round? He lost though.

Anyway, he definetly has the best nutritional supplements money can buy, I believe he is clean, just peaked physically a couple years back. As some commentators said...he looks like an NFL safety, or... Tiger looks like he could "lay wood" in the NFL (that mean's take someones head off) ...according to Jim Rome a few years back.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

First of all let me state that I in no way believe Tiger has used PEDs. But let's look at a few things. Just questions mind you. What would happen if the #1 marketable athlete in the world tested positive for PEDs? If he did test positive what would the tour do? Iam a baseball fan and I just see odd things i.e Sammy Sosa falling off the face of the earth (after testing) Barry Bonds not being signed by anyone. Did the tour test Tiger and did he test positve and did they say take some time off let this stuff go through you system we will retest you after your comeback and announce it to the world that you are clean. Again I do not believe that this could happen. But is it a possibility?
IowaChop WITB
Driver:
Hyper X 9*
Fairway Metals:
Big Bertha (2004) 15*, 19*Hybrid:Big Bertha Heavenwood 23*Irons: 4-6 710 CB, 7-PW 710 MBWedges:655TM Fluid Forged Wedge (55/11*) CG 12 DSG 60/3*Putter: Tour Platinum 7801Ball: TP Black LDP
"Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll...

Last I checked, steriods don't improve mental focus, hand-eye coordination, or any of that stuff. If anything, it ruins them. Steroids give you muscles; that's it.

Hmm, they didn't seem to hurt Barry, he was the best hitter in the league when they would pitch to him. Hitting seems to be rely on hand-eye coordination, or at least it did the last time I played ball.

Steroids are amazing in terms of athletic performance. They even improve eyesight by allowing the eyes to focus faster! In those transcripts, Barry complained that he wasn't seeing the ball as well when he was off cycle. So, would they help golfers? Absolutely, they would increase speed, strength and restorative capability. Anyone that thinks that golfers wouldn't be helped by strength and speed just need to look at the difference between players like Corey Pavin and Luke Donald and compare them to players like Tiger, AK, and Sergio who have all kinds of natural speed. You think Donald would like to be able to turn on a ball like Sergio? Steroids could do that for him.

First of all let me state that I in no way believe Tiger has used PEDs. But let's look at a few things. Just questions mind you. What would happen if the #1 marketable athlete in the world tested positive for PEDs? If he did test positive what would the tour do? Iam a baseball fan and I just see odd things i.e Sammy Sosa falling off the face of the earth (after testing) Barry Bonds not being signed by anyone. Did the tour test Tiger and did he test positve and did they say take some time off let this stuff go through you system we will retest you after your comeback and announce it to the world that you are clean. Again I do not believe that this could happen. But is it a possibility?

Here's my point - Tiger has the most to lose from players using steroids and he has led the charge on testing. Tiger would never endanger his records or his billions of dollars of revenue. But, there are so many other players that would take that risk to break into the big time. If Tiger took steroids, would he get better? Absolutely. But, the gains others could make would make a much bigger impact on their game than any incremental gains Tiger would make. And, that's why Tiger has publicly stated that the PGA tour needs testing.

Note: This thread is 5525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!