IGNORED

Cheap yet most reliable/convenient laser range finder

Note: This thread is 5391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am in the market to get a laser range finder for the first time. I know completely nothing about this equipment. Could someone recommend me a decent yet reliable/convenient laser range finder? What would be the estimated price? Thanks.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

• Administrator
I am in the market to get a laser range finder for the first time. I know completely nothing about this equipment. Could someone recommend me a decent yet reliable/convenient laser range finder? What would be the estimated price? Thanks.

Free if you win

the contest . That said I do recommend the GX-I. It's $299 but that's almost as cheap as it gets with at least decent reliability (and the GX-I reliability is far above "decent").

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Free if you win

I would love to enter the contest but I don't live in the US... But great prize I must say. Keep up the good job with the website. Thanks.

Driver

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

You can pick up a used one all over Ebay.

I played a Bushnell 400 for a long time. I thought it was great. Then, I compared it to the newer units with Pinseeker (or Bullseye or _insert name here_) technology and found out what I was missing.

Save your money and get a golf specific one. You won't regret waitng.

pssssss. Wanna buy an old Bushnell 400? Works GREAT, er, I mean works ok....

Do you walk or ride?

I have Bushnell pinseeker 1500 laser range finder and it is great for the times I ride but I find that when I walk I don't even pull it out of my bag, mainly because of the size. It's a hastle to keep taking it in and out of the bag all the time even though I use a push cart. It's deadly accurate, its too bad I am not as accurate :)

My suggestion is to do what I did, if you have a GPS enabled phone like a BlackBerry or Iphone, you can get software which will use the GPS on the phone to turn the phone into a golf GPS. Most people have their cell clipped to their belt anyways so why not have it give you the yardages?

I have inteligolf for my blackberry. It lets you keep stats as well as giving your distances, you can also map your own courses using Google maps if they don't have the course in the database. Any hand held GPS is easier and more convenient to use then any laser range finder.

Free if you win

Why do you have to be 21? Why not 20? :(

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º
Tour Preferred Irons 4-PW
Z Smoke TP 52º SV Tour Black Satin 56º Rossa Core Classics Fontana One Tour

• Administrator
Why do you have to be 21? Why not 20? :(

Should say 18 now. I was waiting to hear back on something about being an adult and all that.

The "U.S. resident" thing is just for shipping. I don't want to have to spend $50 to send a small box to the Ukraine or something. If you enter from outside the U.S., and you win, I'll offer you the opportunity to cover shipping beyond the $10 or so the U.S. shipping will cost.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Do you walk or ride?

I "MacGyvered" a device using the sand-bottle-holding-keyhole on my SM push cart and the tripod screw hole on my Bushnell. It makes the Rangefinder very accessible while walking.

im looking into getting a range finder or skycaddie as well, but I am not sure which one is better. Any suggestions??
Driver: Callaway Octane Tour 9.5* w/ Oban Tour Prototype Stiff
3 Wood: Titleist 909F2 15.5* w/ Oban Revenge Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea A7 3H 4H
Iron: Mizuno MP-52 Project X 5.5 5-PW
Wedge: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52* 56* 60*Putter: Odyssey Black Series #1Bag: Callaway Warbird Stand Bag

Has anyone seen a review or tried the Nikon 350G?

http://www.nikon.com/products/sporto.../350/index.htm

I could get one for a reasonable price, but I am not sure if it is worth the $$$.

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

im looking into getting a range finder or skycaddie as well, but I am not sure which one is better. Any suggestions??

I feel that's kind of like asking "I'm looking at marrying either a brunette or a blonde - which is better?" Both a range finder or a GPS will give you a lot of similar or same information, but how useful they are to you will depend a lot on how you plan to use it.

The rangefinder will give exact distances to whatever you want, like how far to the 3rd tree on the right, or how far to the slowest person in the foursome ahead of you. But it won't help you if you don't have a clear view of the target. If your courses have a lot of blind shots, or you find yourself going over trees to the green, etc. you'll much prefer a GPS. I have both, having originally bought a Bushnell laser and then later got a Golf Logix GPS for free. I prefer the convenience of the GPS and use it about 90% of the time, using the rangefinder for more specialty situations (like how far away is the cart girl).

Should say 18 now. I was waiting to hear back on something about being an adult and all that.

Dammit, I missed the "age" part. That's 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back :'(

Unless being slightly less than 9 months too young counts for anything.

-Rich

Cool! Will do then.

Driver

Woods

If you have a smartphone, than just get ez-green. It's about $35 a year.

In my stand bag:
909D3 with 10.5 degrees of loft and a 45 inch Fujikura Rombax 6Z08, x-flex
909F3 15* with a stock Diamana Blue
FT 18* with an Aldila NV
X-forged ('07), 3-PW with Project X 6.0 CG12, 53/11, and 58* with DSG Red X2, 33"All with Lamkin Crossline Full Cord. (except the putter of...

I feel that's kind of like asking "I'm looking at marrying

My reply will be.... GET BOTH!!! HEHEHE...

Driver

Woods

• 1 month later...
I just bought the Leupold GX-1 based on the review I read hear. I haven't received it yet but I was wondering about something. Part of the reason I got this is because I really wanted to dial in my distances with my clubs. My question is, can I shoot the distance to a ball? I have never used one so I really don't have any idea. I am assuming that as long as I have line of sight to the ball it shouldn't be a problem. Is that accurate?

Thanks in advance! And great job with the site - lots of useful info here.

Free if you win

Absolutely. Best out there. Leupold is a trusted name in scopes and rangefinders with military accuracy for many years.

:taylormade: R9 9.5d with Fujikura Motore 65 Stiff
ss-07 13deg 3 wood Graphite Design Purple Ice 85-S
Md-17 1i/4w UST V2 Tour Hybrid X
A3 Pro 20 Tour Prototype Mitsubishi Javln X
MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

Note: This thread is 5391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!