IGNORED

Anyone have an Odyssey Black Series i Putter?

Note: This thread is 4210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wondering if anyone has one and could give an overall review of them. They look absolutely gorgeous and I'm thinking about saving up extra and forking out the $269 to get one instead of a White Hot XG.

Have you tried a scotty yet? It will only be aboout $30 more...and they are 100% the best putters on the market.
Driver: Titleist 909 D2 (VooDoo shaft)
Woods: Titleist 909 D3 (15 deg, VooDoo shaft)
Hybrids: Mizuno MX700 (20 deg)
Irons: Titleist ZB (4-pw)
Wedge:
Titleist Vokey 52°, 56°, 60°Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select NewportPutter Cover: Scotty Cameron 2009 Cupid Dog -WhiteBalls: Srixon Z-Star

Have you tried a scotty yet? It will only be aboout $30 more...and they are 100% the best putters on the market.

I'd have to give the Scotty a try, I've never putted with one before. I've always loved the putters Odyssey makes though so I don't know if anything could persuade me away from their putters. You never know though, like I said, I've never used a Scotty.

I've heard a ton of people say the TP Kia Ma Daytona putter is better than the Studio Select -- a couple people even said it felt better than the Button Back.

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º
Tour Preferred Irons 4-PW
Z Smoke TP 52º SV Tour Black Satin 56º Rossa Core Classics Fontana One Tour

I've heard a ton of people say the TP Kia Ma Daytona putter is better than the Studio Select -- a couple people even said it felt better than the Button Back.

Well personally I prefer and use the Studio Style, but everyone is different! If it helps, I rolled a White Hot #2 before I switched - best thing I ever did for my game.
Driver: Titleist 909 D2 (VooDoo shaft)
Woods: Titleist 909 D3 (15 deg, VooDoo shaft)
Hybrids: Mizuno MX700 (20 deg)
Irons: Titleist ZB (4-pw)
Wedge:
Titleist Vokey 52°, 56°, 60°Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select NewportPutter Cover: Scotty Cameron 2009 Cupid Dog -WhiteBalls: Srixon Z-Star

i hit one of those recently (Kia Ma) and i was blown away with that thing. what an AWESOME putter that is. thats the first time i ever wanted to shell out $300 for a putter (retail price of course)

I've never seen all the fuss about Scotty putters, I've tried a few and they have never done it for me. It could be that I have too higher expectations of them, but I'm sticking with my White Hot #2 CS.

I play a oddyssey black i-series #1 and I love it. I have been only playing just less than a year, and have gone through the playing musical chairs with half a dozen different putters including a couple no namers, an old school callaway tutle that I love and still have, and white hot xg two ball.

My black i-series #1 has a great feel to it. I think the weighting on it is distributed nicely yet you can feel how heavy the putter face is. I have found that even when hitting a little off center, it doenst push or pull too far off the line. Feedback is good both through feeling through the hand as well as audibly when playing nicer balls. You definitely hear the click when playing a tp red/black. The stock grip has a nice soft feel to it, but sometimes I think it doenst have enough "grip" to it. Overall, i love this putter and intend on sticking with this one for quite some time.

Taylormade BSF 2.0 9.5° Driver

2011 Burner 3 Wood

2007 Burner TP 5 Wood
Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 Irons
09 Spin Milled Vokeys- 46°, 52°, 58° Wedges CG-14 60° Wedge Odyssey Black Series i #1 Putter

I play a black series-i #1 too. It's definitely my favorite insert putter. The insert feels buttery soft, but also has a firmness to it which does not hinder your distance control. It's as forgiving as a putter could be and practically swings itself. The feel of the weighting really connects you to the putter.

The white hot xg putters are also pretty nice. I am actually thinking about getting one shaped like the marxman. Every time I go back to try it, it just tracks to the holes. Well, besides that, they are not as expensive and still offer a nice soft insert for that cushy feeling. However, the face does tend to get a bit springy, kinda like a tennis raquet impact kinda feeling. Nothing that you can't learn to work with, it's just different.

If you really have your heart set on a black series, you're not gonna be happy with another one. It's definitely the prize of my bag.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the great reviews. It's nice to hear that the putter has some weight to it and connects you to it. I still have to get in and try one of these out, but they look and sound great.

I see that both of you play the #1. Have either of you tried out the #6 at all? I think that'd be the model I'd go for seeing as I don't really like the plumber-neck hosels too much.

I have the Odyssey Black Series putter and really like it however currently using and loving the Ping Redwood Anser. Give it a try. Feels softer than a Scotty, which I also own. Nice weight to it.

doc

SteveG.

Callaway RAZRX  4- PW Lefty
Callaway forged wedges 52 deg. 56 deg. and 60 deg. LH
Nike Covert 2.0. Driver Stiff LH set neutral 10.5 deg.
Titleist 3 Wood 15 deg.Stiff LH
Titleist 5  wood 18.5 deg. Stiff LH 
Odyssey  35", LH
Titleist Pro V1

I have the Odyssey Black Series putter and really like it however currently using and loving the Ping Redwood Anser. Give it a try. Feels softer than a Scotty, which I also own. Nice weight to it.

I've owned a redwood anser for about 9 months and absolutely love it. I tried quite a few, including the black series, bettinardi and Scotty's. Of all the putters I tried I liked the redwood the best. The feel is great and the anser style is the classic blade style, its the original and there's a reason why so many have copied it.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

For the guys that have the black series.....is it the black series or black series i? I'm just curious as to the difference in feel between the two inserts.
Thanks

Driver: Tour Burner TP 9.5* Whiteboard Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19*
Irons: 4-pw Mp-32 S300
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56* and 60*
Putter: Newport 2 34" 340gBall: Pro-V1 or NXT-tourShoes: Adidas Tour 360 LTD

For the guys that have the black series.....is it the black series or black series i? I'm just curious as to the difference in feel between the two inserts.

I too am interested in this.

I was looking at getting the Black Series i but the regular Black Series are a bit cheaper and I'm wondering how much difference in feel there is.

Being a lefty, no shop has either series for me to try out. I think I'm going to get the non-i series and give it a shot.

Driver: Tour Burner TP 9.5* Whiteboard Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19*
Irons: 4-pw Mp-32 S300
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56* and 60*
Putter: Newport 2 34" 340gBall: Pro-V1 or NXT-tourShoes: Adidas Tour 360 LTD

I too am interested in this.

I messed around with both on Tuesday morning between breaks in a clubfitting session I went in for.

The store has a nice putting green and tons of Odyssey wands to play with. I prefer the non-inserted model and was pleased to see them go in this direction....it's a pricey stick, though......but the putter truly is the money club....pun intended. I don't think they offer many different styles in the Black series.....looked like more in the Black i series.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I messed around with both on Tuesday morning between breaks in a clubfitting session I went in for.

Yeah, I think the Black Series only offers three models or so. I don't really get the difference in style between the #1 and #2 just from looking at pictures.

I've never putted with a milled putter, so that's why I ask about the difference in between the two series'.

I tried one of the Odyssey black series putters a few weeks ago. Don't know if it was the i or not but it was the 2-ball version. It was f**kin' amazing. I thought the weight was perfect and it almost swung itself.

I was putting with 4 balls at a golf store and was rolling about 1 in 4 balls in the farthest hole from where i was. The first 4 balls i hit with the black series 2 ball all went in and 7 of the first 8. I was sold right then and there.

Note: This thread is 4210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!