IGNORED

Anyone have an Odyssey Black Series i Putter?

Note: This thread is 4223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I use the insert series. I'm not a phenomenal putter and I tend to leave my putts short so the feeling of the insert helps me get through the ball and past the hole. I liked the milled version too but after seeing my results, the insert was for me. It's also not as springy as the older odyssey inserts were and you can get a good amount of control with it. Just gotta go play with them.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I tried a Cameron I was very interested in against my Odyssey and still preferred the feel of my Odyssey. Such a personal thing. Just like the inserts . . . I like the feel of them, but still prefer my noninsert Odyssey to one with an insert.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

Have you tried a scotty yet? It will only be aboout $30 more...and they are 100% the best putters on the market.

???????????????? Based on what???????????????

You can't make a statement like that. To a lot of golfers, there is a certain cachet attached to SC putters because a lot of pros use them but a lot of pros use Ping, Never Compromise, Odyssey, Taylor Made etc. too, so if one was clearly the best everyone would use it. I have an Odyssey Black series 1 (non insert) and it's a fantastic putter. I have owned Cameron putters and prefer the Odyssey, but that's just me.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

???????????????? Based on what???????????????

Ever think that they get paid to use the putters.

Another option would be a RIFE and they are $70 less than the Odyssey.

Have you tried a scotty yet? It will only be aboout $30 more...and they are 100% the best putters on the market.

Tried several of them....moved on to other brands...right now I'm stroking a YES putter.

There are tons of great sticks out there....it's simply a matter of finding the one right for you.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

• 2 years later...

Ping Redwood Putters. They're offering them now at around $150 at many shops Great feel to them. I game the Ping, Odyssey Black Series, or my Scotty. Depends on my mood...........lol!

doc

SteveG.

Callaway RAZRX  4- PW Lefty
Callaway forged wedges 52 deg. 56 deg. and 60 deg. LH
Nike Covert 2.0. Driver Stiff LH set neutral 10.5 deg.
Titleist 3 Wood 15 deg.Stiff LH
Titleist 5  wood 18.5 deg. Stiff LH 
Odyssey  35", LH
Titleist Pro V1

• 7 months later...
I know this is an old thread, but I just bought me a Odyssey #1 i Black series and am loving it. I bought it used (to me it was a bargain I could not refuse) and even still it almost looks brand new. I tried out almost everything before going for this purchase, the new TaylorMade putters that have just been released, SeeMore, Scotty, Cleveland, Rife and almost every Odyssey model. Even though I had my mind set on going for a bigger putter head, preferably a mallet, I ended up with basically the same shape as in my old putter. It is my first putter shift since I got my Scotty in 2007, and although the design is similar, the insert, design and weight distribution of the Odyssey suits me much better, and I see a drastic improvement in my putting stats. If you see one of these give them I try, you will not regret it.

In my bag:Driver: 910D2, 10.25˚, Aldila RIP, Fairway: 904F, 15˚, YS-6FW+ Stiff, Hybrid: Titleist 910H, Irons: S-58, 4-PW, DG S300, Wedges: Wishon 52˚, 56˚, Putter: Odyssey Black series i 1

Note: This thread is 4223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!