IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

Tiger Woods will most likely go down as the most proliphic professional golfer of all time, but I think that this poll may be a little bias. I say this because most that use this web forum will either not be old enough to have seen Jack or like myself only saw him in his later years.

Just my opinion...

Jack by far. He did all he did with lousy equipment compared with todays, no tour vans to tweak his clubs, terrible golf balls not one made for him. Tiger has so many advantages, yes he is good but he also has no worrys about money is payed to show up many times. Travels in his own jet with his own cook etc. , has golf balls made just for him. Gets away with way to much by him and his caddie. I am not a tiger fan.

In My Ogio bag
Cleveland - 9.5 Hy Bore Driver
Cleveland - 3 & 5 Hybrids
Mizuno Cimaron Irons 3- PW (blades not CB)
Mizuno 53 WedgeHogan 56 Sand WedgeScotty Cameron- CS Red X (charcoal mist)Bridgestone B330 RX

Being the Buckeye at heart I am, I'm going with Jack.

Absolutely pounded the ball for the equipment he had, has 18 majors and finished second a ton, Tiger might get there but it'll take more than 20 major victories IMO.

Being the Buckeye at heart I am, I'm going with Jack.

Please. Took Jack nearly 600 tournaments to win 73 times. Tiger's won 70 in less than 280 tournaments. It's not even a fair fight.

Tiger, he's almost perfected the game..

Vaporlight
09' Burner Driver 9.5 stiff
3DX Utility 3w and 5w Aldila NV stiff
3DX Ironwood 19 degree Aldila NV Stiff
i5 Irons - 5-PW X-Tour Forged Vintage 52+58 Degree Wedges Circa 62 #1 ( just put it in the bag) Tour i

Jack. He has 18 majors. That is how greatness is measured in golf. Once Tiger surpasses, he will be the greatest. Plain and simple....kinda :)

In my bag:

Driver: Callaway FT-i LCG Tour 9.5* Neutral-Matrix Ozik XConn-6 Stiff
Fairway: Callaway FT Tour 13* Neutral-Fujikura Fit-On E 370 Stiff
Hybrids:
Callaway FT Hybrid 18* Neutral-Fujikura M-Fit On Hybrid Stiff, Callaway FT Hybrid 21* Neutral-Fujikura M-Fit On Hybrid StiffIrons: Callaway X...

If and when Tiger passes Jack's 18 majors then I'll consider him the greatest golfer. I think it is a no brainer that Tiger will surpass Jack and Snead with the most wins but it Jack still has more majors. To me they both changed the game but Tiger has most deffinately made the game more popular. I think the only way any one would ever know who was truely better would be to see the two play a round together while they are at the top of their game, that will clearly never happen.

909 D2 9.5* Voodoo
906 F4 15.5* UST V2
3DX DC 19* UST SR2
AP2 3-PW PX 5.5
Vokey SM 52.08 & 58.08 DG S300 Circa '62 no. 7 NXT TourWhite Tacki-Mac Itomic Career Low: 1 over par 71

Jack is the greatest, however it's very likely that he won't be in a couple of years. It's a good thing Tiger has that record 18 majors to chase though or he would run out of challanges.

I think that as far as Golf in a Pure Sense I would say Jack Nicklaus would be the more talented golfer. You also have to consider that the equipment, instruction, and being able to utilize technology to analyze the game of golf is a lot better now than it was then. If Jack was playing now with all of these added benefits to enhance his game their is no telling how much better he would have been. I will agree with several of the other post's that Tiger is a better athlete. But I am not to sure as to how significant athletic ability weighs into comparing the two at golf. I think natural talent would count for more than athletic ability. I am kind of in the middle of both golfers eras, and believe me I have seen Tiger do some amazing things and I would love to jump on the wagon and say he is the greatest. But their are just too many variables. I watched Jack Nicklaus while I was growing up and I also saw him do many amazing things. I wish that we did not have to compare them and just except the fact that they are both great golfers in their own right and that there will probably never be another Jack or Tiger.