IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

Tiger, mentally and physically strongest player in golf if not all sports.

Mentally, he might have been at the top at one point but doesn't seem so now. He is not automatic on putts that used to be automatic and I'm sure he knows this as well and that hurts him that much. He isn't the strongest player in golf and let alone all sports.

If only I could rescind my pick I would.

« Keith »

Coach Rick likes Tiger Woods. If you notice he thrives on adversity. He is still in his golf prime. He lives for the winning moment, and may be addicted to it, when he has that great putt to win and he roars with his famous fist pump. He's not done yet... Having said that the GREATEST OF ALL TIMES IS Bobby Jones!

Statistically speaking - Nicklaus of course. However, I'd say Tiger has brought much needed renewed interest in the sport (in my opinion) and has the ability to surpass Jack someday.

I always feel like this is comparing Ruth or Mantle to (fill in the blank). Different eras, different equipment, different approach to the game.

Except that Ruth was on the road to a Hall of Fame career as a pitcher, too, when his bat was deemed more valuable every day than his arm every fourth day. No comparison at all, in my book.

Except that Ruth was on the road to a Hall of Fame career as a pitcher, too, when his bat was deemed more valuable every day than his arm every fourth day. No comparison at all, in my book.

I agree that statistically Ruth was in another league entirely, but Mantle certainly played against better competition.

Look at their career winning percentage. Not even close. Plus Jack has said "Tiger is the greatest putter ever" Equipment doesn't play much in putting! Tiger Woods- the greatest golfer ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have only watched tiger, so i would go with him.

Bag: Callaway Org 14 Extreme Cart Bag
Driver: Taylormade R9 460 10.5
Woods: Nike SQ 3 Wood
Hybrids: Walter Hagen AWS 3 Hybrid
Irons: Callaway Diablo Edge 4-AWWedges:Wedges: Cleveland CG12 56 and 60Putter: Nike Method 001:Ball: Bridgestone Tour B33-RX and Nike One Vapor

Even though most of us are biased from belonging to Tiger's generation, I'd still say that Tiger is the best of the two. And of course he'll surpass Jack's records where he hasn't already done it.

• 2 weeks later...