IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

Currently Jack. If Tiger can regain his previous form, than Tiger. Only time will tell.

Driver - Speedline Fast 10: 10.5 Matrix HD Stiff
Woods - Big Bertha 5 wood
R9 4 wood
Irons - 07 X Forged 4-PW
Wedges - X Forged 50, 54, 58 Vokey Spin Milled 64Ball - Tour i Gamer V2

Tiger is the superior athlete, but Jack's got more majors. In a head to head matchup, both golfer's being in their prime, I'd have to go with Tiger.

Tiger woods marks the golf name. we all know and for one the competition is tougher. so what if good old jacko didn't have the technology. The courses are much longer and tougher and more international play! guys from all over the world

Even after tiger woods as had his off the course complications, I still think after his career is finished he will be seen as one of the best if not the best golfer of all time.

I like to look at the results on this one. I am not to worried about swing technique as one of Tigers greatest tips was that "if it works for you then keep it". So comparing swing, short game....etc I feel doesn't fall in this category for me. I don't feel that both have had it harder then the other as it is all relevant. Both have contributed to the game in massives ways. So I am in favour of Jack at the mo as he has won the most majors ever, has won more PGA tour events then Tiger. I def think Tiger will beat these records, but until then Jack is my number 1 pick :)

What's in my bag:

R7 TP Driver 8.5 degree
5 wood
ZB Forged Irons (3 - PW) Vokey Milled Chromed SW Putter

Nobody has done more for the growth in popularity for Golf than Tiger. Jack's a legend and the second best of all time, behind Tiger.

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

And what does "growth in popularity of golf" mean? Lots of people watch him on TV, but there isn't any evidence I've seen that more people are taking up the game because of him.

Good point-there's more money in golf, but equipment sales have been stagnant for about 12 years, and participation is actually down recently. If we're judging on the basis of "growth in popularity" it's probably Arnold Palmer vs. Tiger Woods...

I reckon Jack is probably the greatest, he has been and will continue to be, not just because of his on course supremity and integrity, but also for his off course demeanor and what he has done for the game. At the end of his career, I think that Tiger will have broken most of Jack's records and major wins, but will he be seen as the greatest ever? I am not so sure.

I reckon Jack is probably the greatest, he has been and will continue to be, not just because of his on course supremity and integrity, but also for his off course demeanor and what he has done for the game. At the end of his career, I think that Tiger will have broken most of Jack's records and major wins, but will he be seen as the greatest ever? I am not so sure.

If he wins more tournaments and majors than Jack? Then yes, yes he will.