IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

Even if Tiger stopped playing competitively today, I would have to say that Tiger has been a more dominant golfer than Jack, Don't get me wrong Jack Nicklaus is a legend in his own right.

tiger, no doubt: he will still be winning after he is 90

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

Tiger is the man!!!!

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

Jack was the best in his day and with equipment we probably couldn't use, but more importantly had the mental game to win when it counted and come up with the shots that mattered and boy could he putt!
However...Tiger has more shot making ability & is a better player technically. When it comes to mental - no-one can out-do him. His mental strength is awesome & a major part of his game compared to competitors.

Head-to-Head my money is on Tiger but it would be close!
What's in my X cart bag

X460 10° off the tee, usually followed by either Big Bertha 3 wood or BlueMax 7 wood-stiff graphite
Then one of theseDi7 uniflex steel 5-SW and finally the NXT tour straight in the hole using Rossa Daytona

Even though I "grew up" on golf with Tiger, until El Tigre surpasses Jack's record of Majors, you have to give the benefit of the doubt to the Golden Bear.....the greatest ever (at least so far!)

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

They are both magical, bigger than life. I will still lean towards Jack at this point. We will know what the numbers say in another ten years, but will numbers provide all the answers? For instance, who IS the greatest home run hitter... Henry Aaron or Barry Bonds?

To both his advantage and disadvantage, Tiger still has a lot of career left to establish his place. Thank goodness we get him for many years to come.

Dave

In Jack's day, it was always Jack and Arnie. Competition seemed limited. I think golphers as a whole are better these days, and Tiger can handle a higher level of competition. On the other hand, I'd say Jack was a more gracious golpher.

I for Tiger. He's not just any phenomenon. I expect him to make history and records that will remain untouched for centuries to come.

Well, I voted for Tiger but I do have a cool story about Jack. Growing up, my family had a home in Carmel, CA. Believe it or not, Jack Nicklaus use to rent our house from time to time. President Ford (I belive), may have been another President also rented our home. Growing up I never appreciated the game of golf. Since I started playing four years ago and also introduced my son Skyler to the game.