IGNORED

Where have you gone Anthony Kim?

IowaChop
Note: This thread is 5527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The golf world turns it eyes to you. Apology is in order to Paul Simon but I couldn't resist.

I know he is out this week with the flu. But seriously, the guy has played in two events since Feb 1st. He did not play in any events in his home state of CA. Instead he went overseas to collect some cash. He has been injured doing now golf related things. (surfing and horseback riding). His last round was two weeks ago and he shot 75.

This from someone that was suppose to be the next big thing. To me it looks like he is going back to his old ways and not really to concerned about golf. It bothers me a little that Phil is not playing in Arnie's event but that is another topic all together Phil has won twice this year so I will cut him some slack. Back to the flu thing. Tiger has won when sick and so has Phil. But in order to win you actually have to play.
IowaChop WITB
Driver:
Hyper X 9*
Fairway Metals:
Big Bertha (2004) 15*, 19*Hybrid:Big Bertha Heavenwood 23*Irons: 4-6 710 CB, 7-PW 710 MBWedges:655TM Fluid Forged Wedge (55/11*) CG 12 DSG 60/3*Putter: Tour Platinum 7801Ball: TP Black LDP
"Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll...

The golf world turns it eyes to you. Apology is in order to Paul Simon but I couldn't resist.

I think it's rather harsh assuming he's resorted back to his old ways because he's been doing other things as of late. I think AK has realized, which he has been very vocal about, that he needs to stay focused to be successful. I think a lot of PGA Pros have shown that they need activities outside of golf. Some I believe think that it actually assists them when they know they need to focus on an upcoming tournament.

I believe he was playing over seas because he is participating in the Race to Dubai which is a European Tours "FEDEX CUP" sort of thing. I think when Tiger was playing and had the flu it was at the Open and it hit him through his tournament. Comparing missing Arnold's invitation and the Open is unrealistic. If he's been battling the flu the last couple of days, he may not have been ready to play. I think it's a little pre-mature to state that he's resorted back to his old ways. I don't think that's the case however not impossible.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Uhh hes a normal kid with a lot of talent & money....of course hes not gonna play every week

hes also probably getin ready for the masters anyways

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

I think when Tiger was playing and had the flu it was at the Open and it hit him through his tournament. Comparing missing Arnold's invitation and the Open is unrealistic. If he's been battling the flu the last couple of days, he may not have been ready to play.

Bay Hill 2003 not the Open

IowaChop WITB
Driver:
Hyper X 9*
Fairway Metals:
Big Bertha (2004) 15*, 19*Hybrid:Big Bertha Heavenwood 23*Irons: 4-6 710 CB, 7-PW 710 MBWedges:655TM Fluid Forged Wedge (55/11*) CG 12 DSG 60/3*Putter: Tour Platinum 7801Ball: TP Black LDP
"Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll...

It doesn't bother me. Kim's an outstanding player who will have a couple (or more) majors under his belt by the time he calls it quits. I would've been good to see him at Bay Hill this year, but I wouldn't want to jeopardize his flu. Nobody would want it to get worse, and not be full strength for the Masters.

I think I'm giving little AK a pass on this one......simply due to his stellar performance last year and toping it off with Ryder Cup rounds.

Yup....I'll extend the same courtesy to any of the guys on Zinger's squad. They made some serious noise for us...beating the unreal talent on the European team. Very proud of AK and his composure. I was very impressed with his round against Sergio.

He gets a pass, however I hope he's doing something to get tuned up for Augusta.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I saw his picture on a milk carton.

Driver: Titleist TSR1 12*

5 Wood: Titleist TSR1 18*

9 Wood: Titleist TSR1 23*

6 Hybrid: Titleist TSR1 26*

Irons: Titleist T350 5-W2 23*-53*

Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM8 56.14F*

Putter: Titleist SC Super Select Newport 2

• Administrator
I saw his picture on a milk carton.

He's been too busy riding the IMG gravy train. One PGA Tour stroke play event, or something, to this point?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No, no no!

He has not gone back to his old ways. He is recovering an ankle injury, and that aside from an arm or back injury can be brutal. It's a shame to see him playing poorly, driving and putting are struggles right now and he never seems to struggle with the driver. He's young and really hasn't dealt with the struggling game and getting back from it thing. I agree he should be taking it more seriously, but the "old ways" were more serious than horseback riding (?) and surfing. Good luck, Anthony, we want you back!

What's in the Bag

Driver: Rapture 10.5*

3w: G10 15.5*5w: G10 18.5*3-UW i10 IronsSW: Vokey 54Putter: iWi Anser

He gets a pass, however I hope he's doing something to get tuned up for Augusta.

he's playing next week at the houston open which imo he will win despite the calibre of field there!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Note: This thread is 5527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!