IGNORED

Tiger Out?????

alcorn
Note: This thread is 5517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was just on espn.com and I read an article saying that Tiger has absolutely no hope of winning when he's shot -2 through 36 and the leader is at -9. Does anyone else think this is bS? Phil is 5 shots back and no one is counting him out. Historically Tiger has always made his big charges on Saturday and Sunday. I think he's still in.

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

I'd say he's clearly still in it. Problem is, Kenny Perry never usually fades in tournaments once he has the lead. There are other really good golfers near Tiger as well, guys like Weir, Mickelson, Sergio, Harrington, etc. 90% chance Tiger doesn't win, but I wouldn't count him out JUST yet.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Tiger could certainly go 64,63 and win it. He's never out.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I was just on espn.com and I read an article saying that Tiger has absolutely no hope of winning when he's shot -2 through 36 and the leader is at -9. Does anyone else think this is bS? Phil is 5 shots back and no one is counting him out. Historically Tiger has always made his big charges on Saturday and Sunday. I think he's still in.

last I checked Phil was 6 back

Tiger could certainly go 64,63 and win it. He's never out.

I don't think he needs to go that low... depending on conditions, I would say -13 would be enough, probably even less. That would be 67/66. I just don't see the leaders going that much deeper... Kenny will likely not fade away, but I don't think he's going to go out and break 70 both days. We might even see some backing up on Saturday. I wouldn't even be surprised if 9 or 10 under won this thing.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I'll never count the guy out. Now after saying that...I'd say he has .01% chance of winning. Too many people above him he'd have to pass. I mean, sure he can fire off a 67, but then 18 other players have to shoot even par or worse? LOL c'mon.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

some interesting, yet useless, trivia

since 1990 only once has a golfer outside the top 5 at this point won the Masters: Mark O'Meara 1998

last golfer to win the Masters not playing in the final group on Sunday: Nick Faldo 1989

last golfer outside the top 15 at this point to win the Masters: Jack Nicklaus 1986

Tiger has a very nice habit of ripping up history and throwing it out the window and he'll have to do it again to win.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

Always poured it on on Sunday. Watching him as a kid got me into golf. Jack won his 5th Master's the year I was born.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

some interesting, yet useless, trivia

Doesn't tell anything about the scores. If someone at 17th is 3 shots of the lead, anything is possible. We got 8 of the top 10 in the world on -2 to -4, the leaders will definately get some heat on them today. Just look at Kim, he went from +3 to -4 yesterday. There are still two rounds left, and this is the Masters, anything can happen. Strongest contenter in the top I would say is Perry.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He is just not putting well enough to win a major for the past 2 days. I would say if the playing condition get tougher for the next 2 days, Tiger would have better chance to win since Tiger is still great at making pars. However, if other players are still making bridies out there, Tiger just isn't putting well enough to make a lot of bridies.

last I checked Phil was 6 back

Sorry.. Not the biggest Phil fan.. didn't really pay attention to any of his facts except for the fact he's not in the lead.

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

He's still in it, but as much as I'd like to see him win it for the history books, I don't think he will. Perry stays strong once he gets at the top, Campbell will fall back 6 shots, Phil will choke today, then go low Sunday (or vice versa) and finish 2 back, Furyk will probably finish 3rd, Sergio has an outside chance, but has to keep the putting strong, oh, and watch out for Vijay and Padraig, last I checked, Padraig was pretty angered about the 1 stroke penalty from the wind on the green, and Vijay is Vijay. I'll still pull for Tiger, but we shall see....It's shaping up to be a good one though, finally....Last year and the year before kind of blew...

r11s TP 9 Aldila RIP'd NV 65 S
Burner Tour Launch TS 13 UST V2 S
TP Rescue 17 RE*AX TP85 H S
Tour Preferred Irons 3-AW Project X 5.5
Z Smoke TP Wedge 56/12 Project X 5.5 

Ghost Tour DA-12

Penta TP/Pro V1/Hex Black

....Tigers needs to shoot 70, 70 to win this tournament, as in true Masters style, the rest of the field will regress when Tiger is in the pack. I predict a resurgent Rory McIlroy over the weekend and a final round shoot out between Tiger, Phil M, Rory, Paddy and Kenny Perry.

....Tigers needs to shoot 70, 70 to win this tournament, as in true Masters style, the rest of the field will regress when Tiger is in the pack. I predict a resurgent Rory McIlroy over the weekend and a final round shoot out between Tiger, Phil M, Rory, Paddy and Kenny Perry.

-6 isn't going to win this thing unless conditions get real bad or they put the pins in the most diabolical places EVER! Also, if we see a shootout between those 5, I will run naked through the streets (it won't happen).

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Storms last night = softer greens = more players aiming for the pin = a much lower score than 6-under winning this thing. Tiger could do what he did in 2005 and tear the course apart in friendly conditions, but he's not going to be able to grind his way to victory from this far back.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

He has a tough road to go if he wants to win. Watch out for Angel Cabrera, he's only 1 stroke behind the leaders. I see him and Kenny Perry going at it......

Tiger has doubled #1 and failed to birdie #2, his D game is NOT going to get it done.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

No way he'll win now. Too far back, doubled the first and already lost a birdie opportunity on the second. By all means, it's not impossible. Kim made 11 birdies the last round. But he needs the very best of his game. No more errors can be made.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!