IGNORED

Tough position...what would u do?

SteelDriver
Note: This thread is 5495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One of my golfing buddies is also a lefty, so when one of us gets something new, we have to try it out. We both know that if something were to happen to it, it could/would be replaced. I just don't understand why some people wouldn't let their friend borrow a club.

Driver: Tour Burner TP 9.5* Whiteboard Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19*
Irons: 4-pw Mp-32 S300
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56* and 60*
Putter: Newport 2 34" 340gBall: Pro-V1 or NXT-tourShoes: Adidas Tour 360 LTD

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reread my post. I'm saying if you don't feel comfortable doing something for someone you shouldn't do it. If you're comfortable with doing it then by all means.

Essentially what I'm trying to say is help someone if that's something your comfortable with. It's genuine, authentic. If you're helping someone because you feel pressured into it or for any other reason that breeds jealously, contempt, resentment, ect.

I have two groups of friends for golf.

exactly - i get the feeling that you felt your new driver was gonna help you edge out your buddy, and you wouldve been embarassed when he was pounding it and you werent.

Most of the guys I play with are much better than I am.....therefore there is very little fear they will skull or sky a shot with one of my woods or hybrids. They can't really hurt one of my irons no matter what they do.

I don't mind if they try my stuff out or hit it for some shots throughout the round. I've never been asked to loan my sticks out without me being there so that's never been an issue.

The only thing that I worry about is my putter as some folks have a bad habit of propping up and leaning on it around the greens.....they use their putters as some type of walking/leaning stick.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I would absolutely let one of my buddies use my driver if he didn't have his. Unless we were playing for money......

What's in my Golf Bag:

G 10 Driver
Hibore Hybrid 2I
i10 irons 4-U Wedge. Green Dot588 52 Degree WedgeCG12 56 Degree WedgeCG10 60 Degree WedgeSabertooth Putter

• Administrator
I don't consider my wife to be "stuff", so that's an irrelevant comment.

Yeah, guess you're right there. How about your jock strap? That seems to relate: nobody would ask to borrow mine, and I wouldn't ask to borrow anyone else's.

I guess we have a different opinion of friendship.

Not necessarily. This is like 0.00001% of what "friendship" encompasses.

Guys won't ask to borrow my hockey stick either. I'd let 'em mess around with it if they did (kind of as NM Golf said, if they're good and it's in a controlled kind of situation), but borrow it in a game? They wouldn't ask. Too much potential to go wrong. If they wanted my stick, they'd buy their own.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Guys won't ask to borrow my hockey stick either. I'd let 'em mess around with it if they did (kind of as NM Golf said, if they're good and it's in a controlled kind of situation), but borrow it in a game? They wouldn't ask. Too much potential to go wrong. If they wanted my stick, they'd buy their own.

Funny that you mention this. A guy on my team and I shared a stick during a men's league game. Yes, SHARED. I broke mine in warmups and didn't bring my backup, nor did he. (I know, I know. I'm an idiot) But it had to be hilarious to see two guys switching sticks as we were changing shifts.

Driver: Tour Burner TP 9.5* Whiteboard Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19*
Irons: 4-pw Mp-32 S300
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56* and 60*
Putter: Newport 2 34" 340gBall: Pro-V1 or NXT-tourShoes: Adidas Tour 360 LTD

Yeah, guess you're right there. How about your jock strap? That seems to relate: nobody would ask to borrow mine, and I wouldn't ask to borrow anyone else's.

I've done it. I was a pitcher in college and we were stomping this team so coach put some of the pitchers in for fun. Coach asked if i wanted to catch and well, i didn't wear a jock that day so the starting catcher took his off behind the dug out and i put it on. And i would like to add he was probably the seatiest guy on the team...it was gross.

On topic. Yes, because they can't damage it any more than i already have. If it was a new driver the answer would still be yes, except for a few friends that i know are really bad. My friends that are decent, in a second. I have played my friends 19* hydrid for 4 rounds now and his 4w for 1. I asked, he said yea, no problem. The only reason i asked is because i am in the market for one myself and wanted to give each a try. All my friends are cool with it. Another let someone else use his whole bag for a round even though he had never seen this kid play.

My dad and brother and I played today and there was a lot of sharing of clubs going on. Obviously they have travelled a long way and didn't have their own gear. Meant that we were able to have a reasonably competitive game today, if I didn't share my gear they would have been hitting 10 year old drivers, etc....

Would I let someone else I know play with my gear, in alll honesty, probably yes. A complete stranger, nope.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Don't own a jockstrap. Haven't had any use for one since high school, and that was done with 45 years ago. We just have different opinions on what's important. Golf clubs are easily replaceable, so they come in pretty low on my list.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I actually trust some of them enough to send clubs with them when they go off w/out me.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I would have suggested the demo thing first but if that wasn’t an option I would have made sure he understood that "you sky it, you buy it".
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

letting a friend hit your clubs is all up to you. if you don't want them to hit them, then say no. personally i really don't mind. its not like we're playing in a tournament. if he hits better w/ them then you, oh well. no reason to get discouraged by that. if i let a friend hit my clubs and he smoked me on every shot. i would be just more encouraged to do better. only policy i have is: you break it, you buy it.

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

Spot on.

lol. I never said he played better with it? my buddy hit a nice shot on the 1st hole, yes, but that was it. anyone can hit a tour burner fair. i let the bad score from the 1st hole carry on into later holes. I felt like the bad score originated from the 1st pissed off tee shot because I was upset about the circumstance. him hitting it well was just one of those ironic insult to injury things.

To the other guys, I have taken a bar-brawl beating for this guy, loaned (gave) him money, and helped him keep his job, and I already mentioned that he used every club in my bag when he 1st moved here. frendship is not the issue.... theres not much i wouldnt do for the guy. golf clubs are different. besides, you arent handing him your last 5 bucks. its a $200 club with a $100 shaft setting you back $300. and it looks so nice and awesome brand new. so if anyone is gonna jack it up, its me! You guys act like it was a need and i turned him down. id give him a kidney damnit. he has a perfectly good 3 wood and i NEED him not to hit my new driver.
I hope that someday you get to experience losing all your worldly posessions like I did 10 years ago. It makes you realize that it's just stuff.

spare me the "i hope you lose everything like i did" BS. wishing your pain on another to teach a lesson is lame.

I hope you get nut cancer like lance armstrong, so you'll know what its like to be as lopsided as your post. (i dont really, but you get my point..)

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

1. I have taken a bar-brawl beating for this guy.

1. Good. Sounds like you deserve it.

2. Are you really that effin ignorant? 3. You NEED him to NOT hit YOUR driver? I hope you really need something one day and he remembers how petty you are and refuses you help. 4.That is one of the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while. You said not to do it, then you do. And besides that you use an example of something totally inappropriate. I hope he goes on and wins 7 major world sporting events with a major medical issue, just to show you how ignorant you are.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

If he is that close of a friend, then he would understand you telling him "NO". If he doesn't understand, then tell him it's because he never paid you the money you loaned (and now gave) him! If he still doesn't like it then tell him to run his ass back to the car and get his from the trunk!

Personally, I don't mind for a friend. Anyone else, no.

Driver: 907D2 10.5°
3Wood: 906F 15°
Hybrid: 585H 21°
Irons: 660 (4-P)
Wedges: Black SM52°, SM56°, SM60°Putter: Studio Select NP2Balls: ProV1/V1xRangefinder: Pinseeker 1500 TEGPS: SG5

1. Good. Sounds like you deserve it.

you call me ignorant? read the statement about wishing cancer on him again, followed by (i don't really, but you get my point). That douch clearly stated he wishes i lose everything one day as he did so i can experience what he did. Im sure you learn a lot by losing loved ones too, but id rather not have someone wish i do so i can learn something.

And yes, golf clubs are different. you should know this, at least i hope you do. why does it sound like i deserved a beatdown at a bar when he was the one getting jumped by bouncers and i jumped in to help him get out alive. it was in mexico and getting crazy. see, you're ignorant buddy

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

Note: This thread is 5495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!