IGNORED

Greg Norman and Fred Couples

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 5489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 of my all time favorite players, they're still both long off the tee and pretty good ballstrikers. We all know the putters holding Fred down, but do you think either of them will pull out a victory this year on the PGA tour, before they hit the Champions?

Im pulling for both of them, id say they both still have a fair chance at it.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Probably not, Boom Boom would have the best chance imho.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I'd like to see it happen, but with the talent of the younger players on tour I doubt it will happen. That said this is golf and anything is possible.

there's still a chance! freddy was contending in houston the other week before falling away so they are proving that they still know how to play the game!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

2 of my all time favorite players, they're still both long off the tee and pretty good ballstrikers. We all know the putters holding Fred down, but do you think either of them will pull out a victory this year on the PGA tour, before they hit the Champions?

I can see Freddie giving it another few runs, maybe getting lucky and picking up another W.

Greg Norman - no chance, unless we get even higher winds at this year's British Open. He just doesn't play enough, and when he plays, he doesn't play well enough.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can see Freddie giving it another few runs, maybe getting lucky and picking up another W.

Norman took the time to sign with Taylormade and just got re-fitted for a new R9. All signs point to him being serious about playing golf and winning again, whether it be on the champions or PGA. I'll agree both have outside chances but its still definetely possible.

904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2

Couples got unlucky in Houston when he had to play 54 holes in 2 days and was clearly dog tired for those last three holes he bogeyed. He was in the lead until then. So he has a shot at a win. Norman would be real long shot because his game isn't PGA Tour sharp.
Driver: G15 12*    /     FW: Exotics CB1 4-wood,   a4OS 5-wood
Hybrids Hi-bore 3,4-hybrids  /   Irons: G10 5-UW TFC 129i
Wedge Vokey SM 56*   /   Putter: Karsten Anser 

I don't understand why Fred hasn't improved his putting stroke. Not everyone is a good putter, but his stroke is really not good compared to his swing.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't understand why Fred hasn't improved his putting stroke. Not everyone is a good putter, but his stroke is really not good compared to his swing.

Due to his bad back, he has been physically unable to practice putting for any extended period of time. Thus, he never could consistently improve his putting.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

??????

Norman is already part of the Champions Tour, has been for awhile, and has already played an event this year. He has chosen in the past just to play in the occasional "major" on the Champions Tour.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

??????

Being that he's over 50 i realize that.. I cant even remember the last champions tour event i watched but he's played 2 pga tour events in the shell houston and the masters and 1 Champions tour event this year? Im sure he'll be playing as much as he can on the PGAtour as he can. Merely pointing that out.

904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2

I'd certainly love to see both of them pull it off!!!!!

They've provided us with some great golf entertainment over the years and both still have tons of game.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

If Norman chooses to play more that would be great, but he really hasn't indicated a burning desire to do so. If you are looking for him on the PGA Tour you'll likely be disappointed. It doesn't yet appear he's committed to much on the senior tour for this year.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

Norman is content being married and making money on his other projects, and who can blame him the Tour is def a grind, as for Freddie, would love to see him win, he normally contends a handfull of times a year, so he has a chance. I think that Couples would do it before "The Shark", but would love to see both of them, grew up watching those guys toward the middle/end of their primes.

My Bag
Driver-907D2 (V2 Pro Force Shaft)
Fairway woods-:503-H/Nickent Genex 3DX Ut
Irons-695 CB Forged (4-P)
Wedges-Tour Action (56/60)Putter- Sotty Cameron Pro PlatinumBall-Pro V-1"I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser." ~Arnold Palmer

I would love to see Freddie win once more on the PGA Tour, he still hits it long enough and his iron play is superb... He's made more than his fair share of bombs but the 2 and 3 footers have cost him over the course of his career... As long as he's playing I'll be rooting for Freddie

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

I think Freddie has a better chance (Norman just doesn't play enough anymore). Plus if Freddie could get the flatstick working he'd probably win more than once.

Note: This thread is 5489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!