IGNORED

Big Break Prince Edward Island

kleinrider
Note: This thread is 5404 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have to say Derek and Brian are great for each other and the show. Derek has a great attitude and getting Brian to laugh at himself was great.

I like Brian now too. At first I thought he was a douche, but when he laughed at himself the other night, you can kinda see that his attitude is just a facade. I read in an article that all the other players love him and plus, he's gone through a lot of shit to be here. I don't know if he'll win because he stresses himself out so much, but I too am pulling for him now.

I think it's a guys show to win now. The first couple shows I thought the one of the girls, Gerina or Blair, but now...no way.. I think Derek or Brian (if he starts playing the golf he says he can). I think Aaron will fade like a fart in the wind.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too think that they need to play out holes a bit more...I find that now I am primarily watching the show for Blair and Gerina

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

I have to say too that I like watching Gerina simply becasue she has a nice swing and is nice to look at too.

And how about Eugene? Is he the most twitchy fidgety jittery golfer you have ever seen?
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

And how about Eugene? Is he the most twitchy fidgety jittery golfer you have ever seen?

Yes. It's hard to watch sometimes because of him. He doesn't seem to putt well at all either.

In my Callaway stand bag:

9.5 Degree Taylormade Burner Superfast Adilla Voodoo shaft
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree Adilla Voodoo shaft
Irons 3-SW: Callaway X-14 Steelhead

Lob wedge: Cleveland 60 degree

Putter: Ping Anser Karsten

Eugene moves his legs more than anyone I have ever seen. He looks like a spaghetti noodle blowing in the wind when he takes an iron shot.

Slim 11
Driver: Cobra F-Speed 10.5*
3 wood: Cobra F Speed
5 wood: Cobra F Speed
Irons: Cobra 3100H/I 3-PWSW: Pixl 56*Putter: Monza Rossa MalletBall: Slazenger Raw Feel

He looks like a spaghetti noodle blowing in the wind when he takes an iron shot.

Haha, spot on.

In the bag:
Driver: `09 Launcher (10.5º) w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff
3 Wood: `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff shaft
3 Hybrid (20.5º): `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff Shaft
4-PW: CG7 Tour w/ TT Dynamic Gold Stiff Shafts50º (8º Bnce), 56º (14º Bnce), 60º (8º Bnce):

In GolfGal's interview with Derrick, he talked about Eugene and said he is a great guy, incredibly nice and all but he has played in tournaments with him where the guy has gotten down on himself easily. If you noticed in the show the other night, he was talking to himself and Derrick said that came out in one tournament they played in on the Canadian Tour. Eugene talked himself into negative thoughts.

I think Derrick has the ability to bring out some good things in others. Making Brian laugh at himself proves that I think.
In my bag:
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

I like Brian now too. At first I thought he was a douche, but when he laughed at himself the other night, you can kinda see that his attitude is just a facade. I read in an article that all the other players love him and plus, he's gone through a lot of shit to be here. I don't know if he'll win because he stresses himself out so much, but I too am pulling for him now.

The men have to be favored as a lot. That would certainly be the betting line. None of them can be automatically thrown out. Nicole, on the other hand, would accompany huge odds. I like her plenty but based on her Futures Tour scores, 80 average in 8 tournaments during 2007, and barely playing leading up to Big Break filming, it would be a shock if she prevailed including surviving the 18 hole match play finale. Let's put it this way, it's several times the 50/1 on Mine That Bird in the Derby.

Good call on Brian. I almost hesitate to listen to his interview with Golfgal this week, because I've come around to him again. He's always a threat to retrieve jerk status. But consider this: Not only does Brian compliment shots from other players, but he emphasized he was nervous in a team concept, worried about letting down other players. That's completely opposed to attitudes from other Big Break villains. A-Rod in Mesquite told his teammates he wanted it more than they did, which turned off James Nitties to the point Nitties commented about it during confessional. Lori in Ka'anapali was routinely disgusted, and not unwilling to say so, whenever her fate hinged on team format.

Ok are Gerina and Brenda together cause it seems like it or am I just dreaming haha :)

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

In GolfGal's interview with Derrick, he talked about Eugene and said he is a great guy, incredibly nice and all but he has played in tournaments with him where the guy has gotten down on himself easily. If you noticed in the show the other night, he was talking to himself and Derrick said that came out in one tournament they played in on the Canadian Tour. Eugene talked himself into negative thoughts.

Isn't it funny...everyone hated Derek in the first 20 seconds of the first show because he said he would bring the ladies to the show

And then everyone hated Brian because he said things that made us groan. But after 4 shows, we see them both in a different light - they are really funny. In fact, with them, Robert and Football, I think the guys were picked because they are all comedians. And the ladies are all "b's" (if you listen to Nicole and Brenda) LOL! Anyway, I talk to Brian more before his interviews than what I share (Yessss...we have looong conversations sometimes ;), and he's always really nice. He just comes off on TV a bit "intense". I'm happy Derek is bringing out the comedian in him and we're seeing more of the real Brian. But now...it's hard to figure out who to hope for

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

I predict Gerina and Derek in the finals with Gerina winning.

She's just a natural athlete.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After personally knowing Brian a bit, what you see is what you get. None of what you are seeing is heavy editing. He is a nice guy that comes off as being very serious. However, he has an off-hand way of delivering humor.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

I'm confused, how do you get on that show? Some of the folks on the show look pretty miserable. Guess we all have our bad days but these folks need to take a lesson.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Is it just me or does(did) Kim have one of the oddest follow throughs you've seen? Seemed like she was always leaving shots short and never finishing her follow through. Her follow through was usually something you'd see from a punch shot, not a normal shot.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The promo on Golf Channel today took the Nicole/Brenda spat to new heights. Or lows, depending on your point of view.

I'll be surprised if both of them survive next week's episode. Some of the comments in that promo looked like endgame stuff, things you wouldn't say if you had to continue competing against the other person. But the editors can twist any way they want. That must be fun.

Bizarre that a degree of golf focus will be on those two next Monday. Consider their one year together on the Futures Tour in 2007: 23 combined starts, Zero made cuts.

I watched segments of this week's episode again tonight. Nicole's expression revealed even more hurt than I originally noticed when she was chosen last. But no way she could have expected Caroline to bypass Brenda to pick her. Caroline and Brenda have played together on the Futures Tour for years, no doubt friends as two Europeans on a tour in foreign soil. Nicole played the Futures Tour only briefly in 2007, 8 events.

I missed this on Monday night. As soon as Caroline picked Brenda, the two of them blurted, "DFT" and "DFT, baby!" That meant loyalty among members of the Duramed Futures Tour.

I think Nicole has been the most solid player thus far. However, I don't think she would be able to hold up against most of the others in a full round. I am pulling for her because I think the other women brush her off due to her lack of experience, even though she has bested them so far.

The previous post that said everyone hated Derek the first 20 seconds of the show, was right on. As soon as he commented about "bring the ladies" I thought he was a tool. After seeing a couple episodes, however, i think he is my favorite. Close run with Mr. Marine.

Slim 11
Irons: Cobra 3100H/I 3-PWSW: Pixl 56*Putter: Monza Rossa MalletBall: Slazenger Raw Feel

Again, as Brian said in one of his interviews (see golfgals interviews), creative editing can make it look like you said something differently than you did. In Brian's case, they asked him what do you do when you are standing over a must make putt and he siad I have to tell myself "I am the best putter in the world and that I am as good if not better than anyone." So them playing a clip of him saying "I am the best putter in the world and that I am as good if not better than anyone." is a little more than out of context. (quotes are not dead on but I think we get the meaning)

So I wonder if there was a different context to what Derek said on that first show. It is obvious he has some game and has the ability to make people laugh. It is a good group and I really hope next week does not turn into a cat fight or worse.
In my bag:

I wondered about the out of context comments, myself.
In one of the first shows, Stina says something about Derek appealling to the female viewers or something. I wonder if his original comment could have been something like "They told me one of the reasons i was picked for the show was because [I will definitely bring in the ladies]."

It just goes to show you have to take it all with a grain of salt.

Slim 11

Note: This thread is 5404 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!