IGNORED

Tee Height

iacas
Note: This thread is 5821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How high do you tee a ball for your driver (relative to driver resting on ground)?

• Bottom of the ball at the top of the clubface
    • Center of the ball at the top of the clubface
    • Top of the ball at the top of the clubface
    • Center of the ball at the center of the clubface

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i tee it up to where the ball is peeking above the top of the driver by about a 1/4 inch.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Center of the ball at the top of the club face like most people have said, sometimes slightly lower if I am catching it a little too high in the face. I hit it pretty high anyway hence the slight lowering.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I tee it sort of high, I only hit driver when I can clear a hazard, eaisly.

If not it is usually a 3 iron off the tee

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

The last 2 voting options are virtually the same in your poll (unless you have a driver with a 3.5" tall face).

Tee'er high and let'er fly!!!

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

• 3 weeks later...
I do the half of the ball peeping over the crown of the driver thing. It seems to be the standard.For irons off of the tee i will still creep a little bit of the ball over the top edge, it just makes it that much easier for me to hit down on it. For a three wood, about the same as the iron for me.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Driver - Center of the ball at the top of the clubface
3wood - Tee almost all the way into the ground (which pretty much equates to Center of the ball at the top of the clubface)
Irons - Center of the ball at the center of the clubface

Tee height depends on shot shape wanted, if there is a hazard left I'll tee the ball down to top of ball at top of clubface and that will push/fade the ball right a bit . . . hazard right I'll tee the bottom of the ball at top of club face for a pull/draw, otherwise for a straight shot it's middle of ball at top of club face.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

I tee it low cause I tend to slice my driver sometimes. This tip was given to me by my local pro. Tee it low if your slicing your drives....tee it up if you are hooking...center it if your not having problems

• Administrator
I tee it low cause I tend to slice my driver sometimes. This tip was given to me by my local pro. Tee it low if your slicing your drives....tee it up if you are hooking...center it if your not having problems

Yeah, I've always heard the opposite. Tee it low if you WANT to cut it, tee it high if you WANT to draw it...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For a while I was hitting drives low, and cutting them and thought I was losing my control with my driver. Then I realized I was teeing it up way too low. I teed it up higher and now I'm hitting my drives fine.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

I tee my ball a half a ball above the crown of the driver, sometime lower. I hit the ball high.

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

• 2 weeks later...
Tee height depends on shot shape wanted, if there is a hazard left I'll tee the ball down to top of ball at top of clubface and that will push/fade the ball right a bit . . . hazard right I'll tee the bottom of the ball at top of club face for a pull/draw, otherwise for a straight shot it's middle of ball at top of club face.

Well it's the opposite as others have stated.

If you tee the ball low, it will make you hit down on the ball, which means you need a out to in swing path. High makes you sweep it more.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

my swing speed is about 85 and i usally carry it about 215 with a ball speed of 115 mph and my toal distance is usaly 235-240 and i tee it up with the center of the ball at the top of my club

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

• 2 weeks later...
my swing speed is about 85 and i usally carry it about 215 with a ball speed of 115 mph and my toal distance is usaly 235-240 and i tee it up with the center of the ball at the top of my club

If you carry it 215, your swing speed is probably higher than 85 mph...

In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

I tee it pretty low, because for whatever reason I will sky the shit out of it if it's tee'd up higher. I usually have about 1/5th of the ball above my club face for the best contact.. I have trouble at the range finding a tee short enough for me... My usual drives are anywhere between 260-280 with occasional 300+ if I get good roll and have some tail wind and hit it perfect.. Few and FAR between though.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

Note: This thread is 5821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!