IGNORED

What distance do you hit your clubs (irons and woods)

Danattherock
Note: This thread is 5469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Driver: 300 - 450 (Depends on the conditions). Average 300-350
Other woods: Don't use any.
3 Iron: 250 - 300
4 Iron:
5 Iron:
6 Iron:
7 Iron:
8 Iron:
9 Iron: 150 -170 (Depends on the conditions)
pw: 100 -160 (Depends on the conditions)
52 wedge: 20 -100
sw: 15-20

I haven't practiced golf for about 8 years and each year i have only played around 3 full games... But from the age of 5 to 16 i played all day long every day, 36 holes a day. Back then i couldn't hit the ball more than 200 yards but my short game is where i scored! Being able to score has nothing to do with how far i can hit the ball. As a kid i spent a lot of time with people around handicaps of 2 to +4 and none of them could beat my short game... Rounds with less than 18 putts and anything more than 25 putts was disppointing...

Now 8 years later with no practice I just recently played 18 holes at a golf course called Saint Cyprien in the South of France and i shot 2 under par. I have completely lost all my skills with my short game that i use to have. Quite shocked at how well i played without any practice in years but i went out there with the attitude that "i don't care how i play. Im here to have fun, and i know exactly what i am capable of doing. I believe i can do anything" etc. Before every shot i would picture myself hitting the shot i wanted to hit... i wouldn't think of anything else and i would hit the shot. No swing thoughts at all. A few times in the round i would think about a good shot that i hit when i was younger (I remember being 1 under par on the 16th hole, missed green left and i had a tricky chip over a bunker to the pin which was just over the bunker. I knew i was going to hole it... playing companions looking at me as if im going to drop a shot. I knew I was going to do it and I just hit it straight in the hole).

Now if i had the short game like i did when i was 10-16 years old i would of been setting the course record on this day. After this great round i am motivated to get back into playing and my main aim is to bring back my short game like it was at the age of 10 - 16 years old. Back then i could knock it around 2 over par without hitting the ball longer than 150 yards with a 4 iron.

Drive for show, putt for $$$ :)

Planned Daily Routine:
1 Hour Wedges 100 yards in.
15 Minutes with a 4 Iron.
1 Hour SW Chipping (with variety, making it challenging and fun).
30 Minutes Putting (with lots of variety). There is nothing more boring than standing over the same put 100 times. It's not challenging its plain boring.

My Clubs:
Scotty Cameron Putter (can't remember the model, black with white dotts)
PING ISI Nickel Irons
T.Made Driver

I am big headed and i love it. Try it yourself and see how much your game improves.

"The difference between impossible and the possible lies in a persons determination" - Tommy Lasorda
"It is never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot
In my bag:Ball: I always use Pro V1Driver: ...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have disproportionate yardages lol.

driver- 280-310
2 hyrbid- 240
5 hybrid-190-220
4 iron-185-210
5 iron-180-190
6 iron-170-185
7 iron-160-175
8 iron-150-160
9 iron-140-155
PW- 125-140
GW- 115-130
SW 58º- 90-110

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Driver: 300 - 450

hahahahahahhahahahahaha

this whole post screams BS to me.

Driver: FT-9 7.5*
3 Wood: Burner 14.5*
Hybrid: SQ sumo 3 20*
Irons: Burner 4-Pw
Wedges: Oil Can 52*, Spin Milled 56*, Spin Milled 60* Putter: Crossbax Blade

And i assume im talking with the Villageidiot now? Whats hard to believe? That im better than you? Grow up and practice your short game until you can believe in yourself.

There is a currently a 16 year old boy playing off +5 Handicap from Italy playing in the European events. That maybe a "fake handicap" due to SC and playing with a bunch of hackers often but its a good example. And do you think thats bullshit too because your not as good as him? :)

I am big headed and i love it. Try it yourself and see how much your game improves.

"The difference between impossible and the possible lies in a persons determination" - Tommy Lasorda

Driver 417

I LOVE IT!! I was going to go along the same lines! Driver 350-600 yards 2 hybrid 300 yards 3 iron 280 4 iron 265 5 iron 250 6 iron 225 7 iron 200 8 iron 190 9 iron 180 pw 170 sw 150 gw 135 60 degree 125 Putter - green And these are all my easy swings I love how many people claim they hit it over 300, even though the average pga distance isnt even that!! Fascinating

Driver - 905r 9.5* UST Proforce V2 Stiff
3 Wood - 906f2 15* UST Proforce V2 Stiff
5 Wood - SQ 19* Aldila NV Stiff
Irons - MP67 3, 5-PW DG TT S300, 1/2 inch longer 2* Upright
Gap Wedge - SV 52* 10* Bounce DG TT S400Sand Wedge - Vokey Spin Milled 56* 10* Bounce DG TT Wedge FlexLob Wedge - ...

I hit it longer than the average PGA

I hit it longer than the average PGA

So does 3/4's of this forum.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

People tend to lie. :)

I'm having Joe Isuzu flashbacks

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

So does 3/4's of this forum.

I didn't read distances that other people hit. But i wouldn't expect many people to hit the ball further than 300 yards. You have to strike the ball very well to hit that kind of distance. I can't use my driver at ranges because i hit it too far over the other side (which is a bit like my game, sometimes i hit the driver too far and it runs into trouble. Hence why sometimes we have to play irons off the tee).

There are a lot of PGA Pro's that are quite short hitters. Low scoring has nothing to do with how far you can hit a ball... It's all about getting it in the hole in the least amount of shots.

Guess I'm the shortest around here (as well as with my regular group). Wish I had just a little more distance.

Driver 220
5 wood 180
7 wood 170
4 hybrid 160
5 iron 150
6 iron 140
7 iron 130
8 iron 110
9 iron 100
P wedge 90
Niblick tbd
S wedge only use for greenside bunkers and the odd pitches
L wedge only use for flops and the odd chip
Putter consistently around 30 putts per 18
Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

I didn't read distances that other people hit. But i wouldn't expect many people to hit the ball further than 300 yards. You have to strike the ball very well to hit that kind of distance. I can't use my driver at ranges because i hit it too far over the other side (which is a bit like my game, sometimes i hit the driver too far and it runs into trouble. Hence why sometimes we have to play irons off the tee).

Hmmm, in your sig it says you average 17-25 putts per round. First of all, an average is just one number, not a range 7 strokes wide. And if you averaged 17 putts per round that means you're one putting every hole and averaging a hole out every single round. Combined with your minimum 300 yard drives, I'd say you'd be around a +13 handicap or tour pro.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hmmm, in your sig it says you average 17-25 putts per round. First of all, an average is just one number, not a range 7 strokes wide. And if you averaged 17 putts per round that means you're one putting every hole and averaging a hole out every single round. Combined with your minimum 300 yard drives, I'd say you'd be around a +13 handicap or tour pro.

+1. i know people fudge their stats on online forums, but this guy is ridiculous

These long-ball hitters need to be taken down a notch.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

And i assume im talking with the Villageidiot now? Whats hard to believe? That im better than you? Grow up and practice your short game until you can believe in yourself.

Oh I think you're confused, I don't think that the kid you're talking about is BS, and I can accept the fact that he is better than me because he is on the European Tour. What I think is absolutely hilarious about your original post is that you are boasting about what a great player you are. Let me tell you one thing, if you are as good as you are saying, you wouldn't be on this forum. You would be out on the PGA Tour making millions of dollars instead of trying to convince a bunch of people on a forum that you are an amazing player which you probably aren't. I really can't stand people like you who are full of themselves and act like they are the greatest player to walk the earth. :)

Driver: FT-9 7.5*
3 Wood: Burner 14.5*
Hybrid: SQ sumo 3 20*
Irons: Burner 4-Pw
Wedges: Oil Can 52*, Spin Milled 56*, Spin Milled 60* Putter: Crossbax Blade

Note: This thread is 5469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!