IGNORED

question about using counterfeit irons in a tournament

breezy
Note: This thread is 5498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Would i get disqualify if i use counterfeit irons in a tournament?

That depends. Are they on the USGA approved clubs list? Chances are, they aren't, so yes.

Now, if they're not name brand clubs, but not counterfeits, they might well be on the list.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You'll forgive me for asking why anyone would contribute to product piracy sponsored by organized crime just so they can try to impress people with lookalike clubs. Just wondering.

BTW, those junk clubs may look like X-22's, but they almost certainly do not perform like them.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

BTW, those junk clubs may look like X-22's, but they almost certainly do not perform like them.

Its true that they are junk clubs but I can't do much now since i already have them hahaha... I totally learned my lesson and from now on i will only buy them from the pro shops.

If you dont mind, who on ebay did you get them from, and how do you know they are fakes? Is it really obvious? I got my Taylormade's off of ebay from someone with like 25,000 feedback at 100% but still sometimes wonder......

In my bag:

R9
Burner 3w
Burner 5w Burner Plus 4I-SW 60* LW, 52* GW Rossa Spider putter

haha...i purchased from username alisha_ace i believe. I found out they were fakes when i took my 5 irons and swung 5 time off an 1 inch rubber tee and the head just flew out into the driving range. i tried emailing and stuff but i didn't get no response. so i got my buddy to just re-shaft all my clubs for me with some dynamic gold steel shafts. I am hitting consistently good with the clubs and the feel of contact with the head feels good. my scores on average went from 114 down to mid 90's. But i can't imagine how much better it would feel with the real ones. haha... I've tried my brothers (real) taylormade r9's and also my uncles nike sling shots and i get the same distances, sounds and feel from impact. I'm just pissed that i could of got some real ones with a little extra cash. oh well, i guess that's learning it the hard way.

If you dont mind, who on ebay did you get them from, and how do you know they are fakes? Is it really obvious? I got my Taylormade's off of ebay from someone with like 25,000 feedback at 100% but still sometimes wonder......

Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I got my Burner TP from a reliable vendor on eBay, and I have no reason not to believe it's real, but one just has to wonder how identical someone can make a knock-off look.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

Its true that they are junk clubs but I can't do much now since i already have them hahaha... I totally learned my lesson and from now on i will only buy them from the pro shops.

Understood. My apologies. I thought you bought fake clubs on purpose.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

Potentially,

(i'm a registered patent agent with the USPTO)

The patent right covers the right to make, use, and sell the patented invention. While you're not likely to be prosecuted yourself (mainly b/c it would make callaway look bad), you should do your best to report the person who you purchased these clubs from to the people at Callaway. Technically, you are violating their patent right, but more importantly, the person you bought them from is DEFINITELY infringing. Reporting them helps to keep the costs of your clubs down when you buy them from the real deal. (counterfeit cost is built into the price of legit clubs). Also, reporting this to Callaway might help you to get a discount for the real thing if they ask you to send in your fakes so they can analyze them. Hope that helps! PM me if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to look up an answer for you!

In my Navy Hoofer:
Driver: Titleist 909D2 9.5* UST ProForce V2 X-stiff
3W: 904F 15* DG X100
Hybrid: X-Hybrid 3i Fujikura Banzai Stiff
Irons: MP-57 X200 3-PW

Wedges: Gauge Design Handmade 54* and 60*

Putter: SSB LKG Custom "Masters Edition"

Ball: Penta, Pro-v1x

Other: Pinseeker 1500 Tournament

they are china made x-22. looks dead on identical to the real deal.

The real X-22's are made in china!

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

did you know they were counterfeit when you bought em?

Anyway, i'd say call callaway. Tell em what happened. They might even give you new clubs to cover the old ones, to use the ones you have in any court case they may have pending.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

i did not know it was fake when i bought it. When i recieved it, i even took my clubs to one of a pro shops and compared it. the fake clubs had that marking on the 8 iron and so did the real ones. the only thing that i saw different was that the fake did not have any barcode on the shaft. here are pictures of my clubs when i first got them.

Note: This thread is 5498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!