IGNORED

My swing and a buddies swing-need advice

Note: This thread is 5473 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thats my swing, been pulling the ball lately. But figured I could post my swing and maybe get some advice. thanks in advance

This is my buddies.

Thanks for all and any help

I’m not trying to be nasty…

But if you’re serious about golf then go the library and check-out Hogan’s book regarding the fundamentals of golf.

You (and your friend) need to work on grip, address/posture/stance, and the swing in general.

Hitting a golf ball well is no easy task – it takes a lot of perfect practice.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

Your friend definitely needs to work on his posture at address first and foremost...he is way too hunchback. Have you guys gotten any lessons? I would spend the 60 or so bucks on those first thing.

Thanks for the responses
No lessons, will probably do a couple this year.
any more advice is appreciated

Thanks for the responses

Your stances are too wide. Go for shoulder width for the driver and gradually (and slightly narrower with each succeeding club.

It appears that you are trying to take the club back too far and therefor creating a reverse pivot where most of your weight is on your left foot at the top of your backswing. You should concentrate on shifting most of your weight to the right side on the backswing and then shifting to your left foot on the floow-through. Your buddy is too hunched over, he needs to flex his knees slightly and bend slightly from the hips, like a baseball outfielder.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I cannot stress to you enough how critical the stance, posture and grip are to the golf swing. Every swing starts at this point. As amateurs, we may never have the strength, speed, and flexibility of a pro- but everyone can learn to setup to a golf ball correctly.

Poke around the net or book store and check out what professionals have to say about these three things. It will improve you and your buddy's swing immensely.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

hmm, never really knew how important the stance was, thanks for the tips, much appreciated. Off to the range to work on some things.

yes, no offense, but I can see why you are a 24+ handicap. I recommend some lessons because theres a lot of stuff in both of your swings to work on, and it can't get done online.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I have always thought a wider stance builds a more stable swing, so wider is not always bad. Your grip needs work. The grip is the real foundation to the swing. I like that the club and the arm are in a straight line at address, but the ball position is too far forward. To get to the ball, you have slide down the line. Move the ball a little back, keep the straight line of the club and the left arm. The real key it to make the left hand grip square to the target. Once that is done, take the club back and focus on returning that left hand where it started from. I know it is not the conventional way of swinging the club, but if the best ball striker in the history of mankind does it, why not everyone else?

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

Ok guys took some of the advice and hit the range, started out hitting my wedges and such. Was actually hitting the ball much better, I started pulling the ball and figured out that my hips were moving to fast for my hands. So i started with my hands first and then my hips which worked out good. But when i got to the 6 iron to driver the pull was in full swing again. Any ideas?

Note: This thread is 5473 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!