IGNORED

Question about the golf courses?

tazrestling27
Note: This thread is 5482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What do the sprinklers mean on the golf course with the distances. Do they mean to the front of the green or the middle of the green? I am still fairly knew and I was wondering... thanks
Driver Taylormade r9 supertri *9.5
Hybrid Taylormade rescue burner 19 degree
Irons 2008 taylormade TP
Wedges Taylormade rac TP 52, 56, 60
Putter Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0 Studio StyleBall Bridgestone e6

All the distance indicators on the golf course (sprinklers, posts etc) are measured down the centre of the fairway to the middle of the green.

In the Bag:

R7 Draw, stiff Exsar FS2
F-50 3-wood, stiff Exsar FS2
F-50 5-wood, stiff Exsar FS2 MP-60 3-PW, reg TT dynamic gold MP Tour Style 54.10 and 60.09,reg TT dynamic gold Bobby Grace DCT Response, w/ golf pride "2 thumb" grip B330S

Yep, everything measures to the center of the green. With that said, some courses are better than others about yardage markers. Some have post at 100, 150 and 200 on the edge of the fairways (100-red, 150-white, and 200-blue). Same for concrete markers in the center of the fairway. Then for sprinklers, some are marked and some are not. Just depends on the course. Then you have to assume the markers are accurate. I know for a fact, they are not always. Especially on the tee boxes. This falls back on the earlier statement, some courses are marked better than others.

I get so frustrated finding markers at some courses. I recently bought a Golf Logix (Garmin) gps. Amazing little unit. Tells you all you need without all the other stuff. And it is tough, waterproof, etc.. Got mine on Amazon for about $229. Check out the link below for more info and you will never look for another yardage marker again. This thing is simple too. Just turn it on when you get to the course and look at it. I clip mine to the golf bag and look at it when I pull my club. Couldn't be simpler. There is a $29/year subscription and it will hold 20 golf courses at a time.

http://golfgps.com/

some golf courses are different. If you look on the back of the card, it will tell you what the distances mean. Some will say they are measured to the middle of the green, some will say they are measured to the front of the green. I have also seen three numbers on the sprinkler heads. One for the front, one for the center, and one for the back. Just look on the score card to find out, it should say.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

What do the sprinklers mean on the golf course with the distances. Do they mean to the front of the green or the middle of the green? I am still fairly knew and I was wondering... thanks

Usually the distance to the middle, but some measure to the front instead...

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Usually the distance to the middle, but some measure to the front instead...

And some - usually at the fancier courses - give you front, back, and middle.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

......and on the

really nice courses, they'll change them all every day to reflect the exact yardage to the pin position for that day. . . . . . . . . . .

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

When in doubt, it's probably the center of the green (but not always).
What's In My Stand Bag...
Driver: R9 TP 9.5*
3W: R9 15*
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP 2H 16*
Irons 3-P: MP-62Wedges: Vokey 52* & 58*Putter: 34" Newport StudioBall: Pro V1x

Must have a lot bigger sprinkler heads than my course does then.

On my course the sprinkler markers are slowly going away anyway as the heads get replaced. Several years ago the Men's Club spent some extra funds to pay for yardage plaques in the fairways. On most holes we have 200, 175, 150, 125 and 100 yard markers, then depending on need, 225 and 250 yards, all lasered to the center of the green. Also some show the distance to certain important hazards, either from fairway or tee box, usually the distance required to carry the hazard. The par 3 markers all have front middle and back distances from each tee box.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

At Cypress Point the number on the sprinkler head is the model number... there isn't a yardage marker on the entire course. God I love that place!

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

As all said...usually the middle.
What I really hate is courses that have the distances on the cards and then you walk to the tee box and it has a marker that is 20 yards different. Then you get to go back to your bag and get another club.
I guess I should be happy they have the markers so I don't have to rely on the card (usually only matters on the par 3s).

Slim 11
Driver: Cobra F-Speed 10.5*
3 wood: Cobra F Speed
5 wood: Cobra F Speed
Irons: Cobra 3100H/I 3-PWSW: Pixl 56*Putter: Monza Rossa MalletBall: Slazenger Raw Feel

Note: This thread is 5482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!