IGNORED

Nike Equipment

iacas
Note: This thread is 6012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Titleist will always be the #1 ball in golf.......

I am sorry to say, but, I just cannot see Nike overtaking Titleist as the Ball King.
What's in the Bag?
Driver:Nike NDS Ti with MFS 40+ Shaft.
3 wood and 5 wood: Tommy Armour 845 Hot Scott.
Irons (3-PW) Nicklaus IronMax JNS
Wedges: Vokey 200 Series 52 degrees. Vokey Spin Milled 56 degreesPutter: TaylorMade Rossa Modena 8.Ball: Ben Hogan The Hawk.

When I ran competitively I remember Nike running shoes hurting my feet and giving me blisters but I have two pairs of SP-5’s and I love ‘em!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 years later...
Justin wins in his second week with Nike gear, yet many think Nike's kind of an inferior company. How they still think that - Tiger wouldn't sign with an inferior company, regardless of price, I have to believe - is beyond me, but that's the rap.

I agree that Nike gets a bad rap.

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

I agree that Nike gets a bad rap.

Huh?! You've gotta bring more to the table than that if you're going to resurrect a 2+ year old thread man!

This did get me thinking though, what is everyone's thoughts now on Nike Golf? They seem to be signing a lot of players all the time and it isn't the least bit surprising anymore to see Nike SQ bags, and subsequently drivers, but what about irons? I had the original Pro Combo for a while and loved them, their newest irons out today just don't quite seem to stack up though. Are they more of a game improvement iron or do you see any low hdcp players using them? I'd be curious to see what Cink, Leonard, Choi, Campbell, and Paul Casey use for irons...
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

[QUOTE=Puttin4Bird;123667]Huh?! You've gotta bring more to the table than that if you're going to resurrect a 2+ year old thread man!
QUOTE]

Sorry!

I didn't notice the date. I was doing a search for Nike Blades, trying to find some info..

Our local pro got signed by Nike. He used the CCI's last year, but this year he switched to the 4D Slingshots. He's been in the money all year since the switch. The design of the 4D is similar to the AP1's.

A quick check with our friends at thegolfchannel.com shows that most of these guys mentioned above are playing the Nike blades, which are the first Nike irons that came out, that sort of puzzles me as to why they haven't come out with a newer line for pros? I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it huh?

Chad Campbell (as of the Viking Classic last Sept) is using the Nike CCI Cast other than that Cink showed up as Pro Combo and the rest blades. So there you have it.

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

[QUOTE=The Gill;123671]

Huh?! You've gotta bring more to the table than that if you're going to resurrect a 2+ year old thread man!

Don't apologize to me, I was just flipping you some grief, no harm done. I think it's an interesting topic!!

Home...

I don't think it is bad. If the clubs didn't have a nike logo, they wouldn't get such a love/hate relationship. There are a league of newer golfers who flock to nike because it is a familiar brand; there are other golfers who think its a lame attempt at a golf division. Also, you are naming a lot of older equipment; the one is thier pro-v1 type of ball.

I think they are as formidable equipment maker as any.
The funny thing is I hear that people

Nike shoes are awful. Footjoys are my favorite. In my experience, Adidas takes a bit longer to break in, but after that they are just as comfortable as FJ. EDIT: wow, I didn't notice someone resurrected this thread from 3 years ago! I guess at the time you(iacas) were listing the current equipment.

A quick check with our friends at thegolfchannel.com shows that most of these guys mentioned above are playing the Nike blades, which are the first Nike irons that came out, that sort of puzzles me as to why they haven't come out with a newer line for pros? I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it huh?

Our friends at

www.golfwrx.com have been saying that there will be an SR "Sunday Red" line. The Nike rep at the demo day confirmed that there will be new line of forged irons at the end of 2008... I wonder what kind of pressure the pros get in using newer equipment. Just because something is new, it doesn't mean it's better. A lot of people think the Mizuno MP-33's might have been the best blade ever made, but you can't buy them. In the golf industry, there's a lot of brand loyalty. The only thing that's gunna get a Titlest blades player to buy new irons, is issue some new blades. Same with all the other companies. Look and see how many pros are playing irons and drivers that aren't made anymore. It's next to nothing.

I dont understand the hating of Nike shoes, i have a couple of pairs, and hav enever even seen a sign of a blister!

When it comes to clubs however, i think they peaked a couple of years back, the pro combos and the original SQ drivers were great. I am not a fan of the newer stuff at all.

I think a lot of the hating of nike equipment actually arose out of tiger woods using it, people who buy the equipment are automatically labelled as wannabe tiger woods! I bought a pair of shoes from my local golf shop and the salesman said "going for the tiger woods lookare we?" I could have punched him!

Driver - 905r 9.5* with UST Proforce VT Stiff
3 Wood - SQ 3+ 13* with Grafallloy prolaunch blue Stiff
5 Wood - SQ 5* 19 with Aldila NV65 stiff
Irons - MP 67 3 + 5-PW 2deg Up + 1/2" with DG S300 shaft.
Wedges - SV 52/10 with true temper s400 BV Spin Milled 56/10 Wedge Flex BV Spin Milled 60/04...

I dont understand the hating of Nike shoes, i have a couple of pairs, and hav enever even seen a sign of a blister!

Somebody said that to me as I use a Nike driver and 3-wood - I also wore a Nike 'swoosh' cap.

I answered back to them, "No - Stewart Cink, actually"
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

how long will it be until Nike bring out a Nike Deluxe Cheeseburger?..they have their fingers in a lot of pies now- most of the technology they use has been bought off other companies..Bridgestone for the balls, and for Tigers blades -Titleist?(?)

Looking at previous posts, there is no doubt the Footjoy still make the best and most affordable shoes in golf (although i also have a pair of Oakley shoes as well). I have 3 pairs of Dryjoys, 1 is 10 years old, so that tells us something about how they have been made...very well.

I like the Sumo2 driver by Nike but that is about all- i only like it for it noise.

I believe that Nike should stick to track and field and also tennis, as so far, i have not been impressed with the gear they have produced in golf. Part of the problem is they lack pedigree in the golf field- how can they just pop up and claim they make great gear with no experience under their belt?- it does not ring true to me.

As for who is using Nike?- look at the money they pay for endorsing..Duval still gets $7mn per year (his contract is due to expire soon) and he can't even make a cut. Nike is bought by people who are relatively new to the game i feel, who see Nikes' excellence in trainers etc and think that that same standard is applied in golf. Not yet, but it's still early days!

I've had a pair of Golf Joy, Callaway, and Nike's and honestly, the Nike shoes have been the most comfortable and the most durable. I have a pair of the 2007 Nike SP-6 shoes ( http://www.tgw.com/customer/category...TEGORY_ID=8174 ) and they are very very comfortable. No complaints about them.

As far as their clubs, a few years ago I wouldnt have touched them, but I recently picked up a demo'd Nike forged 6-iron for $10 to goof around with, and I have to say, i was impressed. I've also been a Nike person when it came to shoes and clothes (golf, basketball, running, etc), but when it came to golf equipment, I didnt like anything they had. Im open to trying out their stuff now as they have come a long way in the last 5 years, but we'll see. I'm still a fan of TM products...

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

I can't speak for all the equipment Nike has out there but I am a huge fan of the SV Tour wedges. I absolutely love them. I want to replace my CG12 56 with a Nike.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Ive wore Nike golf shoes for about 3 years now with no problem. But with any type of show I think some brands cater better than others for certain people. Ive worn Adidas basketball shoes as well as nike with no problems with either.

I second the SV Tour wedges, they are great IMO. As well as the N1B. I have not hit or used the irons or drivers and fairway woods.

At the last 3 demo days where I live, Nike was the only manufacturer to bring a launch monitor. To me, that shows me that they care enough for me to get the right club.

I can't speak for all the equipment Nike has out there but I am a huge fan of the SV Tour wedges. I absolutely love them. I want to replace my CG12 56 with a Nike.

Love them too. They spin the ball like crazy on full shots. But chips roll on and on and on.....

Note: This thread is 6012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!