IGNORED

Dancin Dogg Optishot simulator

Note: This thread is 2767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have both the Optishot and the P3pro. Thre P3pro is certainly way more accurate but also more expensive. Optishot is not very accurate with the driver and has limited info. If you can afford it get the p3pro.

Can I haz ur Optishot? ;)~

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah no kidding. I have done a lot of research on the optishot, and I will read in some places that its ok but its not P3pro. But then I will hear people actually talk about the product and all they do is rave about it and say how accurate it is, and that they can shape shots and the distances are pretty close. All I am looking for is something that I can plug into the HTPC and either practice like I am at the range or play a round while everybody is asleep, so IMO this fits the bill without breaking the bank. I also like the fact that I don't have to tape up my clubs.

It depends on your expectations and really what you want to get out of the system. For entertainment and game play it is ok. It just lacks accuracy for more serious game improvement. As well there is no add on or upgrade possibility with the Optishot. You get what you pay for.

• 4 weeks later...
It can get cold here, enough that I don't really wish to play outside. So I figure why not get an OptiShot golf simulator? I figure that hitting off a mat may not be the best thing to do, but its better then nothing, right? Opinions?

I use a cycling simulator for my cycling workouts in cold weather and its great. You can even join racing leagues from all over the world, so I figure if I do this for cycling, why not use a simulator for golf?

Driver Callaway Diablo Edge --- Custom Sonartec 3, 5 and 7 woods made +1" stiff shafts --- Irons 5-L Ping G10 +1" 4.5* upright reg shafts --- ---Putter Tiger Shark

I saw an infomercial for one of these and thought it looked really cool, especially for the price. The mat looks a little iffy though, looks like it's some cheap ABS plastic that I'll crack with a few iron shots. I'd have to see or use one in real life before I'd buy one.
Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

I have one and would recommend it for winter fun. Once you set it up for your "bag" it's good to go. There is extensive feedback on the Ottowa golf forum on it. I set mine up last winter in my family room hooked to my big screen tv. Some times it doesn't read woods well so I use 6 iron, wedge, and putter. Using it in conjuction with a swing speed radar I tweaked the speed of the six iron and wedge to match all the clubs in my bag. It's not perfect, but all I know is that golfers who beat me on the course beat me on the game too . I did find that in the spring when I first started playing real golf again I hit the ball the best I ever have and I have to say it was the optishot. For sure a slice swing will slice and a hook will hook. Good practice when there is nothing else. I'm a hack so the base has taken a beating with no problems.

Driver FT 9 DVS 60 S
3 wood x 3 wood C S
Hybrid TP Mid 2H Irod S
Hybrid Mid 3H Irod S
Hybrid Mid 4H Irod SIrons 6- PW X-20 Tours DG S300Wedges X-Tour 50, 54, 60Putter Hybrid two bar

• 2 weeks later...
I have searched over many sites and came up blank!

Can someone please tell me how much one of these indoor golf simulators cost?
I have been to their website http://www.optigolf.com and I have even emailed them asking for a price and I have had no reply.

I would like to get one (price & wife permitting) for my daughter for christmas.

Many Thanks.

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

I'm not so sure, considering you have to use your own PC/Laptop, I would think it ran around $1200-$1500 for the software, the mat, the sensors and the net to hit into.
I have been told thet you can get one of those simulators you see in the golf stores for around $1500-$2000.
It would be nice if the company would reply to their enquiries from their website.

I'm not so sure, considering you have to use your own PC/Laptop, I would think it ran around $1200-$1500 for the software, the mat, the sensors and the net to hit into.

Who told you that those golf store simulators are that price? It's a lot more than what you heard or else a lot of people would have those hitting bays in their garage.

« Keith »

A golf simulator you'd see at Golf Galaxy or Dicks runs about $50,000.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

I have searched over many sites and came up blank!

There is a "shop" link on their website:

http://store.dancindogg.com/ddstore/...gory_Code=DDGS greetings michi

"I have my own golf course and Par is whatever I say it is. There's a hole which is a Par13 and yesterday I damn nearly birdied that sucker." - Willie Nelson

There is a "shop" link on their website:

Thank very much, not as much as I thought it would be.

I was told that the store sim's were around $1500-$2000 by a guy in a Golf USA store.

Hi,

The simulators that you see in the stores would be way more expensive as they are used for club fitting and need to capture much more data such as launch angle, spin etc.. of the ball itself. The Optishot measures the club only using optical sensors and the software then uses that information to simulate a ball flight.

I wouldn't trust a simulator that's $400. I'd probably get a better shot analysis playing Wii sports.
Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

The Clubfitter that did my fitting back in the summer had a portable system that ran off a small generator, I think it was called a Viper or something like that, that system gave you club speed, ball speed, clubface open/closed, launch angle the works, and it seemed pretty acurate as regards to carry distance etc with each club.
I was after a system that showed the ball flight etc on the PC, I thought it might be more fun for my daughter to practice on than just seeing numbers, if you know what I mean?

Montru, You could take a look at the Launchpad Tour ( http://www.electricspin.com/ ). I got this as I do not have the necessary indoor space for the Optishot and it can be used outdoors either with real balls hitting into a net or with the supplied tethered ball. It's good for fun (i.e. playing the TW08 game) and does give some valuable feedback with regard club head speed/angle. If you have the necessary indoor space, I would probably go for the Optishot though in terms of better accuracy. Above that, there is the P3Pro ( http://www.p3proswing.com/ ) which again offers more accuracy but more expensive. You are then into the much more expensive systems such as Launch Monitors and high-end simulators. It really depends on budget and how much accuracy you actually want.

Note: This thread is 2767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!