IGNORED

Do any of you get "Inspired" by pros?

Iowa Hawkeye
Note: This thread is 5452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm inspired by watching great golf as one of you guys said...however, I am also inspired when I see one of the greats flub a chip or leave an easy putt short. It makes me realize that EVERYONE screws up and that I don't need to flip out every time I do. These guys don't bitch and moan for 5 minutes when they mess up(well sometimes they do) so why should I. It's refreshing to realize that this game that I love so much and struggle with even more is tough, even for the very best at times.

In the bizzag...

Driver--TaylorMade Burner 9.5*
3W--TaylorMade Burner 15*
Hybrid--TaylorMade Burner Rescue 19*Irons--Maltby KE4 Tour(4-PW)Wedges--Cleveland CG14(52,56,60)Putter--Wilson CI1Ball--Nike One Platinum

Charles Barkley.

But seriously, Ben Curtis inspires me the most. He went to Kent State which is pretty close to me.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

No, but if I were going to be inspired by a pro, it certainly wouldn't be Lefty.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

Paul Goydos is somebody that really inspires me. That guy is hilarious and keeps her head up after everything that has happened to him. Classy guy.

I'd like to see JD get his game together. I know he's had some issues, but hes a great golfer, and he'll be back.

Paul Goydos. Period.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

Paul Goydos is somebody that really inspires me. That guy is hilarious and keeps

That guy is hilarious and always keeps HER head up?

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

I have great respect for the pros because they are the best at playing a game I love. That being said. I think I get more inspiration from the average
golfers who I play with every week then I do from the pros. The professional
golfers are expected to play great because that is what they do for a living.
A few weeks ago I was playing with a 70 year friend that I have been playing
with for the last two years. The best round of golf I had ever seen him shoot
prior to that day was an 84. On that day this man who is 12 years older
then I am and is a verified 17 handicap shot a legitimate 75. He hit only
8 greens in regulation but he was able to make 4 birdies during the round
by chipping in twice from off the green and once from the sand trap. His score
would have been lower except he missed at least 3 birdie putts from within
7 feet. He never three putted during the entire round and he one putted
half the greens. I watched in awe as he shot the best round he has shot in what he said was the last 20 years. To me watching him play that round of
golf was far more inspirational than watching the pros who I expect to shoot
below par on a regular basis.

That guy is hilarious and always keeps HER head up?

Ha, got to typing too fast I guess. I think I was "listening" to my girlfriend or something whenever I was typing....ha. But year, HE'S hilarious.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

Im inspired by steve stricker and his game improvement iron hittin self...lol.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I almost always get some great inspiration after watching Freddy play. Just so stinking fluid and easy it brings a tear to your eye.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Mickelson and Rocco for me. Mickelson because of his guts and short game ability, and Rocco because I know him and he lives about 10 miles away from me. He's my friend's, dad's, friend's, friend. Think that one through haha.

~RHPM

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Mickelson and Rocco for me. Mickelson because of his guts and short game ability, and Rocco because I know him and he lives about 10 miles away from me. He's my friend's, dad's, friend's, friend. Think that one through haha.

Which makes him your biological step-father-in-law? j/k

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!