IGNORED

Superstitions

Leftygolfer
Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I always get 2 bacon egg and cheese buiscuts, 1 sausage buiscut, and one sausage mcgriddle from McDonalds on the way. I always play in the morning around 8 AM. (It's all I eat during the day, til supper).

Holy CRAP! That's 1700 calories!

I would say that is a little low. I would say closer to 2500.

I don't think it is the calories that need to be worried about! Blood flow may be an issue soon.

In my Grom bag:

Driver........... Burner 9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood......... Burner 15* S-Flex
5-Wood......... Ovation 18* S-FlexIrons............. Pro Combos 3,5-PW Rifle 6.0Wedges......... CG12 52.10, 56.14, 60.10Putter............ 33" VP1 Milled PutterBall................ e6+ or B330-SRangefinder.....

I would say that is a little low. I would say closer to 2500.

1690 actually, but who's counting

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutri...ion_facts.html

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

Dont have any Golf ones but a ton of Hockey ones.

Same here. I'm a goalie and always put my gear on in a certain order. Been doing that for over 20 years. Anyway, I have a racoon headcover for my driver. He has to be looking down the fairway before I hit my drive.

1690 actually, but who's counting

I stood to be corrected. But man that is a big breakfast. It makes my 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 piece of toast seem like a snack (I eat that every day).

Brian

I always have Sausage/Egg/Cheese Croissan-wich and medium diet coke from Burger King before a morning round.

That's funny. I do the same thing except I will get the Bacon/Egg/Cheese Croissanwich. Usually get three of them so I will be good for the day. Not really a supersition, just like them that much and don't normally get to have them.

No real superstitions for me. I have found that if I am playing well I have to use the same ball until it is gone. Last time I played I was going along pretty good and decided to pull out a new ball on the 9th tee since the other was getting beat up. First shot into the drink. So I pull out the old ball and play a few more holes. At this point it is really beat up so on 13 I try again, off the cart path. So I just pulled out the old ball again and finish up with a good score on the back. For some reason if I playing well I can't change the ball.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Same here. I'm a goalie and always put my gear on in a certain order. Been doing that for over 20 years. Anyway, I have a racoon headcover for my driver. He has to be looking down the fairway before I hit my drive.

I used to do that with my Scooby Doo head cover (don't ask).

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Years ago I saw someone on tour (Calcavecchia?) mark their putts with a quarter for long putts and a penny for short putts that I caught onto. Always put them in my left pocket when I'm getting ready, use a state quarter if available and the shinniest penny I can find. Another one is that I hate having my wallet in my back pocket while playing, but sometimes forget to take it out. If I start off bad and notice my wallet is still there, its the wallets fault, not mine.

Driver: Taylormade Burner TP (2007 model)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Steelhead III 4+
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 19
Irons: Mizuno MP 33s  4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled wedges: 60, 56, 52Putter: Odyssey DFX 9900

Yeah, I know but its once a week, if that. And that's all I eat other than some fruit during the day. I also work off about 3000 a day on average.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I always keep one extra ball in my right pocket, along with a ball marker and 1 or 2 tees. The left pocket is reserved for my glove.

Driver: Callaway X460 Tour
3 Wood: Callaway X
Hybrid: Adams A3
Irons: X20 Tour 4-PW
Wedges: X-Forged 50, 54 & 58

When I take two or more clubs plus the putter over to an area where I have a chip or pitch onto the green, after playing the shot, I always carry the clubs to the just off the fringe and lay them down parallel (not pointing in any particular direction) rather than having them crossed (while putting) -- I am superstitious (even though I know better) that if I align them all the same, side by side, the putt has a better chance of going in.

RC

I'll shine the face of my driver before swinging it, and I've carried the same ball marker and divet tool for at least 5 years now, maybe more.

great thread.

My superstitions:

- Nothing but pitch mark repair tool, coin, and tees in my pockets.
- On the tee, I cannot have any old tees in the immediate vicinity of my ball/in my vision. This is sometimes an issue on the munis i tend to play. I'll get up to a box with tees stuck in the ground and I have to hit them in with my club to get them out of view.
- This seems odd, but there are certain shirts which I swear I play better in. I have on shirt which I have shot 80, 82, and 81 in... and I have another shirt I wore 2-3 times and won't wear it anymore... Usually I know the first time out with a new shirt if I will play well in it going forward.
- I play better golf in pants rather than shorts. This comes from playing in colder weather in my youth. However, this effect is wearing off as I play in warmer weather.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Bag: Old Gunny Sack
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5*
Wood: G10 15.5*
Hybrid: G10 21*
Irons: Knock off Pings Wedge: CG-11 56* SW, CG-12 52* GapPutter: Rossa DaytonaGrips: Winn ExtremesBall: Water Logged

When I buy a dozen balls, I have a ritual where I go thru and mark them with my 4 red dots. I take each ball out one by one one sleeve at a time, look at it, feel it, imagine hitting it, then mark it very deliberately. The whole process takes about 15 minutes longer than it should at least. I hate playing with balls I haven't marked in this fashion.

On the first tee, I always make sure I have a 2nd ball in my pocket, even though I have been MUCH better about not taking the "obligatory" two shots off the first. Its like a security blanket that calms my nerves. I lie to myself and say "if this isn't perfect, just hit another one, so who cares".

After the first though, I ALWAYS leave extra balls back in the cart, it feels like an OB jynx to have an extra one ready.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-9 10* Stock Stiff Fujikura
3Wood - X 3W Stock Stiff Callaway Graphite Shaft
Hybrids - X Hybrids 21*, 24*, 27* uniflex steel shaft
Irons - X-22 irons 6-PW uniflex steel shaftWedges - X Forged Chrome Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Tour ix or TP...

I always get 2 bacon egg and cheese buiscuts, 1 sausage buiscut, and one sausage mcgriddle from McDonalds on the way. I always play in the morning around 8 AM. (It's all I eat during the day, til supper).

Kick Azz! I usually mow down about 8 strips of bacon, 3 eggs over medium, and 3 pieces of toast (after they are sloshed around in the bacon grease a little). before my weekend games. Talk about being content.on the 1st tee....... no worries. Little chewing tabacco to get the blood flowing....STRIPE it right down the gut.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I have one glove that I like the best. I don't use one if I don't have that certain glove.
If I have the glove on, I don't take it off at all. Unless I have to wait on 3 or 4 people, then I will think about taking it off. Even if I'm putting, I keep that glove on.
One more, I always have to make sure that I hit in the same spot during my practice swings at least twice, if I feel kind of iffy about it, I will swing again. Sometimes it can take a little bit.. haha

HookEmHorns

In my 14 Xtreme bag:

Driver Burner 10.5*3 Wood Rawlings 15*5 Wood Ignite 19*Irons S2 Max 4-GWPutter Rossa Corza Ghost 35" Next to be replaced: 3 wood. All Rawlings junk has got to go. haha

If I don't hit a hole in one on the first hole I go home.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

Man you guys are weird. I thought odd numbered balls on M, W & F, even on Tue, Thur & weekends was strange....

Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!