IGNORED

US Open Questions

1UnderU
Note: This thread is 5461 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have two tickets for the US Open. Tuesday, practice round, and Saturday.

This is the first PGA event that I've attended and wanted to know if anyone has best practices when watching live. Specifically when to sit at holes, who to follow, how to follow people. What are bad places to watch from, what time to get there. If there is a really good spot everyone rushes for. Basically any knowledge to make my time spent more efficiently.

Second, I'm attending the practice round because I heard you can see all the shots they attempt, and get better views. As well I'm trying to grab a signature, hopefully Tiger or Phil. What is the best way to do this, I'm thinking of paying a kid like $20 to get a signature. There is just something odd about a 25 year old asking for a signature.

In my Titleist Premium Stand Bag

909D3 8.5 VS Proto 70 X
909 f2 13.5 V2 75 x
G10 15 Degree Grafalloy Red X MP-32 3-pw X100 Vokey Spin 52, 56 SS Newport 2 Pro V1

Please disregard this post, I came across the article on Tips for Attending a PGA Tour Event.

But if you have any suggestions on autographs, who is willing and who will not please reply.

In my Titleist Premium Stand Bag

909D3 8.5 VS Proto 70 X
909 f2 13.5 V2 75 x
G10 15 Degree Grafalloy Red X MP-32 3-pw X100 Vokey Spin 52, 56 SS Newport 2 Pro V1

You could just walk a bit during the early part of the day, soak up the atmosphere, follow some different players for a couple of holes, then bunk in somewhere where you can see a lot of action, like approaches and putts on one hole and drives from an adjacent hole.

On the practice day autographs don't need to be hounded for. If a guy's gonna sign something, it'll be obvious. Most pros will sign for anyone at the driving range after they've hit some balls. I imagine Tiger and Phil will be harder to get than Rod Pampling.

On competition days, especially at the US OPEN, please leave these guys alone when they're playing. This is the biggest tournament of their lives.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Ya dont be a annoying person pushing and shoving trying to get your visor signed.

I still do not understand why its enjoyable to get some persons signature....

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I would just try to find a nice shady perch and enjoy the action from there for most of the day. Bethpage is not really a place you want to spend time walking around all day in the heat.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

How likely is it that Tiger will be practicing during the practice rounds? Very likely? This is also my first time to any golf tournament.

« Keith »

How likely is it that Tiger will be practicing during the practice rounds? Very likely? This is also my first time to any golf tournament.

my buddy, who's a pro on the island and a former pga tour player enjoyed an unexpected practice round with Tiger before the open in 2002, so I'd imagine it's very possible.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

this is my 4th open (including bethpage in 02)
If you're picking two days to go, tuesday and sunday are the best. Tuesday in the best practice round because most of the players are there practicing but it's a little more laid back than wednesday. I didnt go to a practice round in 02, but Phil did give me his ball after walking off of his last hole of the first round (i was a cute little 10 year old)..... i remember angel cabrera gave out some stuff too but i dont remember much else.....in 04 at shinnecock i went monday thru sunday, which if you can ever do this, you must because it is unreal to be around the open for a full week....anyways, i got almost everyone's autograph (4 covered hats) but no tiger....phil stayed for 2 hours signing after his practice round.....i asked tiger at the turn for a autograph and stevie said he would sign after 18....i went to 18....tiger worked on the green for a couple of minutes, threw his putter on the bag, passed all of his fans with no expression and walked straight to the clubhouse.....that is why i hate him....im gonna try again this year, and hopefully he'll sign or at least ill catch him being a jerk on camera.....good idea asking for a kid because mike weir refused to sign for any non kids

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

i asked tiger at the turn for a autograph and stevie said he would sign after 18....i went to 18....tiger worked on the green for a couple of minutes, threw his putter on the bag, passed all of his fans with no expression and walked straight to the clubhouse.....that is why i hate him....im gonna try again this year, and hopefully he'll sign or at least ill catch him being a jerk on camera.....good idea asking for a kid because mike weir refused to sign for any non kids

why do you want his autograph if you hate him??

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

why do you want his autograph if you hate him??

He said he hates him because he didn't sign autographs.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

he'll likely practice very early in the morning before too many people get there. i was at the Open last year and he was started at 6, played 9 holes and was done before i got there.

anyways about autographs.... most players will sign stuff during practice rounds. just ask between holes and they'll be happy to do it. unfortunately the exception is Phil and Tiger. After one of Phil's practice rounds last year, he stayed for close to an hour afterwards signing but the crowd around him was massive. basically if you weren't in the front to start and didn't have a way of getting to the front, you were going to be out of luck. As I said, Tiger was finished before I got there last year, but i hear he is not as generous as Phil signing afterwards.

As I said, Tiger was finished before I got there last year, but i hear he is not as generous as Phil signing afterwards.

This is unfair.

If Tiger stops to sign one autograph, within 20 seconds he will be surrounded by 200 people wanting one. And I'm amazed when I see players signing autographs on TV the number of people who don;t say thanks and are looking for the next player to ask whilst the current one is being signed, ignoring the player who is being nice to them.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 5461 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!