IGNORED

Titleist ZB's or AP2's?

Note: This thread is 5429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everyone, i'm wanting some new irons and i'm sorta stuck between the AP2's and the ZB irons by Titleist. I was hoping you guys could give me some feedback based on your experiences with these clubs. Thanks in advance

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

zb are softer little less forgiving verus ap2 just as workable
ap2 more forgiving little deader fell fatter top line and sole

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

AP2's feel cumbersome and feel dead on impact!

ZB's feel soft and they have a thin top line and look good!

TITLEIST 909 D2 10.5* VOODOO STIFF FLEX
TAYLORMADE R9 TP 3 WOOD STIFF FLEX
COBRA BAFFLER PRO 19* STIFF FLEX
TITLEIST 695MB 3-PW STIFF FLEX
TITLEIST VOKEY BLACK NICKEL 52*TITLEIST VOKEY SPIN MILLED 56.10 & 60.04SCOTTY CAMERON 2.6 NEWPORT PUTTERCALLAWAY TOUR IX GOLF BALLTAYLORMADE R7 TP TOUR BAGC...

It really needs to be a personal decision. They are so close, and yet so different, hit both of them and see what you like. I spent many, many hours on the range with both of them before I was able to make a decision. I can't even think of why I preferred the ZB over the AP2. I know I wanted the AP2's pretty bad, but I just liked the ZBs better after hitting both of them.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

When I hit these irons the AP2's felt soft and the ZB's felt dead. Go with which ever ones you think have a better feel to them. Like the other posters said they are too similar for a real comparison.

When I hit these irons the AP2's felt soft and the ZB's felt dead. Go with which ever ones you think have a better feel to them. Like the other posters said they are too similar for a real comparison.

I didn't try the ZB's but they are great looking clubs. I tried the AP2's and they felt dead. You have to go try them side by side to compare. You may only be looking at Titleist, but if you're open to other irons, check out Mizuno. Best in feel in the iron game, IMO.

Driver: Tour Burner TP 9.5* Whiteboard Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19*
Irons: 4-pw Mp-32 S300
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56* and 60*
Putter: Newport 2 34" 340gBall: Pro-V1 or NXT-tourShoes: Adidas Tour 360 LTD

I try them both, I stick up with the AP2's becuase I think they are a bit more forgiving for me. The ZB's felt awesome too, I went to a local store in here and tried again the ZB's... uffff.... I think it's really a tough decision. Hit them and the one you like the most.

Cheers!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Go by how you hit them, if you can get them on a range or LM.

How is your iron game? The AP2s have a touch of forgivness that the ZMs don't have. I think they both feel great.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

If you can hit the ZB's go with those, without a doubt. AP2's are ok but like has been said they lack feel, and I dont care for the look. OR go with a mixed bag, AP2 long ZB short.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

The ap2 feel the same on slight mishits as when you hit flush. They are very straight though. The ZB or ZM are much better for spin, trajectory, and feel. Some of the best clubs on the market by far. But dont buy new clubs, buy the 735cm that I have, blade to muscle combo set, look beautiful and hit much more pure than the ap2.

Whats in the bag?
909 D3 8.5* UST Mamiya Tour Green X
909 F3 13* UST ATTAS X
909 F3 18* UST ATTAS X
909 H 21* DG S300 735cm chrome 5-PW DG S300 54.08 SM 58.04 SM 64.07 SM Studio Select Newport 2 Sonic Blue Dot...

Note: This thread is 5429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!