IGNORED

Will someone get seriously hurt?

SubPar
Note: This thread is 5410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I really don't care how straight he hits his driver, or at least how straight you think he hits it. He shoots great scores and plays amazing. I'm sure his drives are quite a bit straighter than yours or mine.

sorry pal, its just i back him every week he plays and lately i have been losing a lot of money as he's done nothing, mainly due to him having doubles/triples after putting himself in trouble of the tee!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

While I agree that people should be paying attention if they are standing somewhere they may get hit that's still no excuse for not yelling fore. The whole point of yelling fore is to warn people who aren't watching, to make them aware that they may be in danger of being hit by something they're not looking at; that's why you yell it and don't hold up a big sign with fore written on it.

Agreed.

Tiger has done it too, I've seen it(on more than one occasion). I've been thinking about this a little bit lately and I think the Pro's might be part of the reason less people are yelling "fore" when they hit an errant shot. Not to say that it's the Pro's fault totally, but their lack of yelling "fore" does not help the situation. We all imitate the pro's, whether it be an 8 year old kid or a 80 year old guy that's played golf since he got back from WWII.

They'd all be yelling fore if the golf ball was headed straight for their wife or kid, but yet can't give the same coutesy to a stranger. Honestly, how hard is it to yell fore? Personal responsibility people, it's your golf ball, it's your responsibility to yell fore. If you can't handle that then stay off the golf course. The generation of narcissism continues..........

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wish I had a crowd to hit into when I play on the weekends. Its like having a fenceline around the entire hole.

A couple years back I was watching a tournament. I forget which, but Chris DiMarco yanked his shot on a par 3 and muttered to the ball to hit somebody. I've disliked him ever since.

"Golf is a day spent in a round of strenuous idleness."
William Wordsworth

Gear:
Callaway FT-S Driver Nike VR Blades/wedges TM Ghøst Putter.

At least Tiger has the common-sense to shout 'Fore!'

You mean that's not apart of his follow through? huh.

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Stock Stiff
5 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Aldila NV Stiff
7 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Stock Steel
4-PW: TaylorMade R7XD Stock Stiff Steel48* Wedge: Callaway Forged52* Wedge: Founders Club60* Wedge: Founders ClubPutter: Odyssey DFX 6600Balls: Titleist ProV1 & DT SoLo

You mean that's not apart of his follow through? huh.

You obviously didn't watch the Memorial last weekend.

2nd in Driving Accuracy, 87.5%

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

all it would take for catastrophe is golf ball on the head + someone on pharmaceutical anticoagulation. Yelling "fore" is part of the basic etiquette the pros forget. I think they are used to someone else doing everything for them.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

• 4 weeks later...
Read an article recently about a young man in his 20's who took the afternoon off to play golf on a course where his father was the marshal. In the distance his father proudly looked on as the son teed off. The ball would ricochet and hit his father in the back of the head. He seemed fine until a few hours later when he died of a brain hemorrhage. The story was incorporated into a tv show on sports.

I am sure it will happen at some point. That is just the risk you take going to an event. I don't think that the problem is players not warning people. The bigger problem is not paying attention. If you are sitting next to a fairway or behind a green, you better be able to see the ball to know if it is coming at you. How many times do you see people walking in the rough and a drive bounce right next to them, completely oblivious that the ball is coming. You can warn people on every shot, but if they aren't paying attention, there is not much else you can do for them. I would think the bigger issue would be a player snap hooking a drive into the group of people 100 yards off the tee.

That's what I'm saying. Makes perfect sense. Pay attention. You're there to watch these play golf, so watch.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Yeah, but like someone had previously mentioned, what if it's a really bad 1/1,000 shot from a Tour Pro, like a, well, for a lack of a word a complete shank off the hosel. For those standing right next to a player, you don't even have any reaction time...

That's what I'd be most concerned about.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Yeah, but like someone had previously mentioned, what if it's a really bad 1/1,000 shot from a Tour Pro, like a, well, for a lack of a word a complete shank off the hosel. For those standing right next to a player, you don't even have any reaction time...

You'd be surprised how fast you transform into a ninja when a shank is coming your way.

You get out of there REALLY fast.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

So say you hit someone on a golf course with ball or your club during your swing (not throwing it) & your give them a TBI (traumatic brain injury) and they need care for the rest of there life, who pays you or the gollf club or is there some external body that looks after this.

What happens if this happens at a PGA tournement?
In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

Generally, there is insurance in place that would deal with it. Eventually, though, it would end up costing everyone involved a lot of money, no matter how it is sliced. Even though there are measures in place, in today's world there could still be many, many lawsuits.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Here in New Zealand we have something called the Accident Compensation Corporation that deals with sports related injuries and accidents like that. You can't sue people for damages if they injure you here because ACC handles it.

Here in New Zealand we have something called the Accident Compensation Corporation that deals with sports related injuries and accidents like that. You can't sue people for damages if they injure you here because ACC handles it.

Can't sue for damages? Good god that might cripple the entire ambulance chasing law industry here in America!!

I seem to remember this question coming up at my Dad's club several years back and one of the local lawyers that was a member said that because there is an "accepted assumed risk" on the course that a player can not be successfully sued if they injury occured within normal play (of course anyone can sue anyone at anytime for anything). However, if the injury happened due to something outside normal play (throwing club, reckless cart usage, etc.) that would fall outside the parameters that is protected. I know my Dad's club had insurance for the normal play stuff, but I'm not sure exactly what all is covered. With the legal system being what it is in the US I'm sure some crafty lawyer looking for a quick payday could find a loophole that would line his pockets (and possibly give the victim enough money to buy a box of generic bandages as well, but not much more).
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

Our association lawyer (an ambulance chaser himself) has said the same thing.

This is a repeat topic.
I seem to remember this question coming up at my Dad's club several years back and one of the local lawyers that was a member said that because there is an "accepted assumed risk" on the course that a player can not be successfully sued if they injury occured within normal play (of course anyone can sue anyone at anytime for anything). However, if the injury happened due to something outside normal play (throwing club, reckless cart usage, etc.) that would fall outside the parameters that is protected. I know my Dad's club had insurance for the normal play stuff, but I'm not sure exactly what all is covered. With the legal system being what it is in the US I'm sure some crafty lawyer looking for a quick payday could find a loophole that would line his pockets (and possibly give the victim enough money to buy a box of generic bandages as well, but not much more).

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

Note: This thread is 5410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!