IGNORED

Official Big Break VI (Trump National) Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 6338 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't really care for Kelly, but that was still a hell of a bogey after his drive and third shot. I probably would have taken a 10 on that one.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone has pretty much covered it, but I am amazed at the poor decision making by the contestants. I feel it is clear that the skills contests don't really identify the best golfers. It is only when they get on the course and play actual holes start to finish that you can get any idea of who can actually play, why they haven't made it before now becomes a little clearer also.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

hmmm.. funny all the bashing and critisism about poor decisions..

Kelly hit one bad shot which was a push slice after following around 2 matches watching awful shot after awful shot. God knows how long you're cooling off while waiting for cameras and what not. He over swung and hit a bad shot.. then made an all world bogey to halve the hole.

the other guy with the glasses? didnt he yank a 4 iron perfect lie, OB, dead left and lose the hole?

Al shanked one pretty bad but he and Kelly have shown the most skill in the competition so far, for the men id bet on one of them to win.

I like bridgette for the girls, that pissed me off when Bree was complaining about Kelly and then got all happy as soon as he saved her ass from elimination. Sure he's odd but he was coached by Moe Norman so what do you expect?

and for the guy bashing Moe Norman's teaching method, Tiger Woods said Moe Norman was one of the only golfers he'd ever seen in complete control of his golf ball and swing, worked for Moe didnt it?

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

• Administrator
Sure he's odd but he was coached by Moe Norman so what do you expect?

Someone to hit the ball straight.

and for the guy bashing Moe Norman's teaching method, Tiger Woods said Moe Norman was one of the only golfers he'd ever seen in complete control of his golf ball and swing, worked for Moe didnt it?

It may have worked for Moe, and given all the stories I've heard about him, I 100% believe it.

But it ain't workin' for Kelly. And that's what I'm pointing out here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

for the Albert dude is just way too much to handle. Arrogant ahole, commenting on others, talking about how they fail - backs up his talk with a beautiful shank in a must-win situation. It could be hard with this dental work - but can you spell L-O-O-S-E-R ?

True enough but as I recall he is the only guy on the show that has played well with the exception of 1 shot. It seems the other guys, including Kelly, have talked more crap that they couldn't back up or just decided not to show up.

IMO, Albert and Kelly are the only two guys to show anything that resembles a golf game deserving to win the "Big Break." The other guys are quieter but they just seem to stink up the joint for players with presumably low handicaps and a host of pro experience.

In the bag:

Driver: Taylormade Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead III 15*
3 Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue Dual 19*Irons: Callaway Big Bertha 2004 4-10 Wedges: Callaway Big Bertha 2004 W (gap) Cleveland 588 56* (sand) 60* (lob)Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #6Ball: Top Flite GamerBa...

I'm still amazed by the poor play of the groups they keep putting on this show with the resumes they have it should be a battle.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

• Administrator
I'm still amazed by the poor play of the groups they keep putting on this show with the resumes they have it should be a battle.

"I'm a long drive champion and I'm trying to sashay a 3-iron from 165".

So what?!? Jeezus. Kelly is so obnoxious. He happened to play the best this week, but this is the first time. And Albert, c'mon, a pitching wedge 160? Buh-bye.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah..wtf was Albert thinking. Heck what were any of them thinking.

Maybe it's just me but after seeing 2-3 guys in my group end up short I play a different club. It struck me as odd that so many of the guys last night had their shots end up short time after time.

Kelly, while annoying, showed amazing creativity last night. I wonder how many guys on the PGA tour would have played that shot. More importantly, is that a shot a player can rely on in the clutch.

In the bag:

Driver: Taylormade Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead III 15*
3 Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue Dual 19*Irons: Callaway Big Bertha 2004 4-10 Wedges: Callaway Big Bertha 2004 W (gap) Cleveland 588 56* (sand) 60* (lob)Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #6Ball: Top Flite GamerBa...

Yeah..wtf was Albert thinking. Heck what were any of them thinking.

I don't think Tiger would have played a PW for that shot. He would have hit some kind of knock down. I wonder if they just were uncomfortable going with knock downs under that much pressure? Maybe they were afraid they would muck it up and be embarrassed? You would think guys who came up in the balata ball era when working the ball was expected would have showed more creativity. Green may have been a factor, it looked like shots hole high were not going to stop. Albert was a little unlucky on his bounces.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I dont even believe what im hearing here, are people watching the same show i am?.. sure Albert's playing graphite irons so he's probably hitting less club then everyone else, he said a 9 iron is his 160 club so that must of been his ego talking. He hit a couple of good shots but they were draw shots, that green sloped left so naturally his shots are going to kick left, 2 or 3 were right at the flag but kicked right off the green. The hole just didnt set up right for him..

Hence kelly being the only one who knows how to play shots, shape shots so the green would hold them, those shots were beautiful, anyone who can call a shot and play it exactly how he said he would, has my utmost respect. Would a tour player play that shot? hell no, because they have one shot to work with..

904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2

Haven't seen the episode yet but I'll buck the trend and say that I'm sorry to see Albert go. He was one of the more entertaining and colorful men on the show. He was a little too free with the critisism and his game ultimately didn't back up his talk, but now I think we're left with a relatively boring group of men (with the exception of Kelly, who is just plain whacky).

In my bag:

Driver: Wishon 915CFE, 420cc, SK Fiber Lite Revolution I
Irons: Tommy Armour 845 FS - PW - 3
Hybrid: Adams Idea 21 deg.Wedges: Cleveland 900 52 deg., 56 deg. TA588 60 deg.Putter: Generic mallet style

This episode was pretty good. I can't believe that these guys weren't hitting greens. I know it was windy but, huh? A bunch of them under clubbed themselves.

Kelly showed the most command of his shots and cracks me up with his all his Zen and Yoga crap. I like Kelly. He's the most relaxed guy out there and seems to be having fun. Those slices he hit into the green did the job.

A word to the rest of them: A cut with the proper club would have held that green. Not that I could have hit it but you get the idea.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Kelly showed the most command of his shots and cracks me up with his all his Zen and Yoga crap. I like Kelly. He's the most relaxed guy out there and seems to be having fun. Those slices he hit into the green did the job.

I like Kelly too. The guy might be a complete whack job, but he believes what he believes and has the courage to put it out there regardless of what anyone else thinks. How many of us have the guts to do what we need to do without worrying what everyone else will think of us? And do it on national TV to boot!

I remember seeing an interview with Chris Dimarco about the claw grip and how it took him over a year to screw up the courage to use it in competition even thought he was putting out of his mind with it in practice. He was too worried about what his fellow pros would say. I wonder how much $$$ that fear of looking stupid cost him in tourney earnings?

“You don't have the game you played last year or last week. You only have today's game. It may be far from your best, but that's all you've got. Harden your heart and make the best of it.”

~ Walter Hagen

I couldn't believe how far Albert was saying he hits his 9i either..I'd say he was about 3 clubs shorts for what he was trying to do..that was a tough looking green..Kelly sacked up and didn't kid himself..those 3i cuts were a joy to see

For my money, the ladies are showing a lot more professionalism than the men. I mean, I know Kelly is from California, but give me a break. He's a total loon.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

For my money, the ladies are showing a lot more professionalism than the men. I mean, I know Kelly is from California, but give me a break. He's a total loon.

He's actually from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and resides in Cali now.

904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2

He's actually from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and resides in Cali now.

Evidently it doesn't take very long for California to rub off on someone.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Watched last night's show. Still speechless over Ashley's caboose shaking as she walked off into the sunset. Somehow, it just seemed wrong . . .

I was also struck by the level of nerves shown during the immunity challenge. Bri and the Aussie couldn't even watch their teamate - Bri looked like she was about to blow chunks. Gary pretty much saved that team's collective a_ _ es, but he doesn't seem real likable to me.

In my bag:

Driver: Wishon 915CFE, 420cc, SK Fiber Lite Revolution I
Irons: Tommy Armour 845 FS - PW - 3
Hybrid: Adams Idea 21 deg.Wedges: Cleveland 900 52 deg., 56 deg. TA588 60 deg.Putter: Generic mallet style

Note: This thread is 6338 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!