IGNORED

What is your biggest pet-peeve in Golf?

rckwd
Note: This thread is 2523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks MacGregor, I will consider that.

They are Nike NDS irons with graphite shafts. I will just stick with them and see how it goes. Don't really want to buy new clubs just to ding them up learning how to swing :)

Originally Posted by MacGregor9

@TitleistWI Haha, I've never seen that one before. Will have to show the friends since we laugh about that kind of stuff.

Theres a few other ones that are with that same character and are pretty good.  They play on the notion by a lot of golfers that clubs arent any good unless the majority of tour pros use them.  I love the part where he's like, "Im killing my irons today!  Thats why theyre the #1 irons on tour" and then he hacks at the ball.  The only thing that guy is, "killing" are the vegetation than has the misfortune of being in the area where his ball lands. LOL

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I guess mine is playing with a guy with a low handicap that takes a few liberties on the course in a not important round but then says in a bragging way how low he shot for just screwing around. The other is handicap abuse. Smacking two balls ob and quitting the hole and taking a six.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I guess mine is playing with a guy with a low handicap that takes a few liberties on the course in a not important round but then says in a bragging way how low he shot for just screwing around. The other is handicap abuse. Smacking two balls ob and quitting the hole and taking a six.

I can appreciate your sentiment about the guy who cheats and brags about a low score afterwards.

I don't understand how the 'handicap abuse' comment though....if he's posting scores for HC purposes and a DB is all he can record....it is what it is.  His max.....so what if he takes the hole off?  Yes...his score is no longer a scratch/legit score if he does so, but who cares?  he is following the HC rules for recording scores for HC purposes.  At least you won't have to wait for him to hit shots for a hole.   How is that HC abuse?  I'm not sure what you mean....

The only true HC abuse is sandbagging, but that's an entirely different subject.....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I can appreciate your sentiment about the guy who cheats and brags about a low score afterwards.

I don't understand how the 'handicap abuse' comment though....if he's posting scores for HC purposes and a DB is all he can record....it is what it is.  His max.....so what if he takes the hole off?  Yes...his score is no longer a scratch/legit score if he does so, but who cares?  he is following the HC rules for recording scores for HC purposes.  At least you won't have to wait for him to hit shots for a hole.   How is that HC abuse?  I'm not sure what you mean....

The only true HC abuse is sandbagging, but that's an entirely different subject.....

Sandbagging would be like taking the hole off when you have a 3 foot birdie putt lol.

Play, practice, practice, practice. Repeat.

Pro-V1

910 D3 9.5*

910 4 Wood 17*

KZG Tour Evolution Irons 3-P

KZG TRS Wedges 50*, 54*, 58*

Newport 2 (34 1/2")

Familiarity really does breed contempt.

My #1 peeve is exactly the 'flaw' in my regular playing partner. He is the line-it-up, four-practice-swings, oops!, step back, and start-over guy.  And yes, then he tops it or chunks it, and 35 yards later, we're doing the same thing again.  Drives me nuts.

My second biggest pet peeve is ...my brother.  He's the 'angry-golfer' guy.  He has the swing speed of a pro, so several times a round he hits absolutely amazing shots. Problem is: he doesn't practice that much and he has a short season since he lives in MI, but he still thinks that he should have the game of a pro.  Every hook (that's his usual miss), missed flop (he *can* hit them, but he can also send them 60-70 yards further than he hoped... oops.), and nearly every missed green or bad putt --- he just loses it.  Tries to spear his bag with the club. Slams his club into the turf. Swears up a storm. And ends up in such a fowl mood that it really becomes difficult to enjoy your own round.  If my brother didn't live 1000 miles away, this would be my #1 peeve.  He's literally taken the enjoyment out of several rounds we've played together. Not cool.  ...A good sense of reality really does seem to help someone enjoy the game of golf...

unsolicited advice when you're having a couple bad holes

esp from someone who isn't that much better than you!

+1 on the unsolicited advice guy. Also the oblivious guy who is never ready to hit his shot. Frustrating!

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Only thing that really annoys me are speed golfers that have no place to go.  You can say all you want about playing ready golf and how long a round of golf should take, but the reality is here on Long Island is most 18 hole rounds take 4 - 4.5 hours.  Maybe if you are one of the first out, or catch the twilight hours right you can play at a faster pace but otherwise if you're playing a public course in NY (Long Island) budget for 4 - 4.5 hours or don't play.

A good friend of mine is like this and it drives me nuts. I've played some really poor rounds with him and I know part of the reason for it is because I felt so rushed. One of the last times we went out I finally had enough and told him to relax, slow down, and enjoy the day.

Originally Posted by shamus

A good friend of mine is like this and it drives me nuts. I've played some really poor rounds with him and I know part of the reason for it is because I felt so rushed. One of the last times we went out I finally had enough and told him to relax, slow down, and enjoy the day.

I definitely think its harder to play in a group with someone speeding than it is to play with one behind you.

Luckily the regular guys I play with walk and I need a cart so I can usually get to the next shot before they do.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I see what you are saying, I guess I just feel like it is quitting or copping out. It does benefit me at times when we playing and he has to give me strokes...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Think I gained a pet peeve today! Took a cart with my dad (he has bad knees) to play 9 and constantly were getting pushed by a couple behind us. We finished the second hole and stopped to let them play through, and they refused! They rode us the WHOLE 9..really made me uncomfortable and I felt like I rushed a lot of my shots because of it. I am not sure if they were just being kind, but we stopped so they could go and they didn't. Is that proper?

JLANM, most public golfers are fearful of being in front of someone because they "might be watching"

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Originally Posted by Roblar

My second biggest pet peeve is ...my brother.  He's the 'angry-golfer' guy.  He has the swing speed of a pro, so several times a round he hits absolutely amazing shots. Problem is: he doesn't practice that much and he has a short season since he lives in MI, but he still thinks that he should have the game of a pro.  Every hook (that's his usual miss), missed flop (he *can* hit them, but he can also send them 60-70 yards further than he hoped... oops.), and nearly every missed green or bad putt --- he just loses it.  Tries to spear his bag with the club. Slams his club into the turf. Swears up a storm. And ends up in such a fowl mood that it really becomes difficult to enjoy your own round.  If my brother didn't live 1000 miles away, this would be my #1 peeve.  He's literally taken the enjoyment out of several rounds we've played together. Not cool.  ...A good sense of reality really does seem to help someone enjoy the game of golf...

I actually play better with 'angry-golfer' guy, I guess I'm sadistic, but I like seeing them melt down and it keeps me focused.  But if I had to play with them everyday it would probably wear on me.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Originally Posted by lumpuckeroo

I actually play better with 'angry-golfer' guy, I guess I'm sadistic, but I like seeing them melt down and it keeps me focused.  But if I had to play with them everyday it would probably wear on me.

It's funny, but I always forget.  We meet up about two or three times a year, and I'm always excited to go out and play a round.  Usually ends up with me needing another few months to forget...

I HATE when someone talks to my ball as its rolling on the putting green. Don't ask for it to "get going" or "break". Wait until its in the hole before before you say "good putt"

Don't. Talk. To. My. Ball!!! The sounds waves from your voice will clearly push my putt offline. come on!!!

I like playing with "angry-golfer" too. Reminds me to not be that guy...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Originally Posted by Ben

Don't. Talk. To. My. Ball!!! The sounds waves from your voice will clearly push my putt offline. come on!!!

YES!! This is the only thing that bothers me, but it drives me crazy!

"Bite... Bite..." Dude, it's been rolling for 30 feet - if it was going to bite it would've done it by now.

Bill

Note: This thread is 2523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!