IGNORED

New Pro v1 or Pro v1x

Note: This thread is 5053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bet you could give a ProV1 to almost all amateurs and tell them it spins more, and they would think it spins more. Give them a ProV1x and tell them it spins more, and they would think it spins more. My advice is to buy the cheapest ProV you can. They are all excellent, and there's not a lick of difference between them for our games.

Funny you mention that.... I found several pro v1 392s in an old golf bag. Play like any other Pro V1 I've used recently, especially on the stupid shots that I hit far too often.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

They dont?

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

If you are going to "try" the ProV balls, I would suggest purchasing a 4-A or 5-A rated dozen from lostgolfballs.com. They are absolutely good as new and half the price including shipping.

If you are going to "try" the ProV balls, I would suggest purchasing a 4-A or 5-A rated dozen from lostgolfballs.com. They are absolutely good as new and half the price including shipping.

so I just picked up a sleeve of the prov1x balls, Im impressed with them so far and I think I will like them more than the prov1. Out of curousity I checked titleists website to see which one the pros are using. The prov1x is used by way more pros by like a 15 to 1 margin.

I play with Prov1x ball, I noticed that they are straighter of the driver and longer irons (probbaly due to the less spin) but still feel crisp enough for me around the greens and on shorter iron shots.

I prefer the Prov1x over the Prov1

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

I thought the new TP reds are the spinnier ball and the blacks are like the prov1x
the bnew ones being the LDP 360 dimples not the 332 or whatever they were
Even on the box it says what they're supposed to be

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

so I just picked up a sleeve of the prov1x balls, Im impressed with them so far and I think I will like them more than the prov1. Out of curousity I checked titleists website to see which one the pros are using. The prov1x is used by way more pros by like a 15 to 1 margin.

Thats cause they are longer and spin less. As good as 99% of pros swing, they can make a V1x spin plenty. A regular V1 would probably spin TOO much for them......as in hitting 10ft past the pin, and ripping backwards past the hole and off the font of the green. Us mortals dont necessarily have to worry about that, though! I personally prefer the "X" as wel, though.

I like the softer feel of the v1 more than the v1x, although I can't say that I've noticed a big difference between the two in actually playability. It's more in my head than anything else.

Pro V1x for me. I spin the regular Pro V1 waaaaayyyyy to much and have a real hard time controlling it with my short irons. With a full wedge off the fairway, a Pro V1x back up about 5 feet from where it hit on the green. A Pro V1 I have had spin all the way off the green.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

Not go off topic, but.... I am playing TM Penta. I think it is right in between the V1 and V1x. Great distance / great control.

Driver : ping.gifG15 10.5* Serrano Stiff
3W: callaway.gif RAZR 15*
Hybrids : adams.gif A7 19*
4- PW : mizuno.gif MP - 63
Wedges : vokey.gif50*, 54*, 60*Putter: cameron.gif Scotty Newport 2.5Bag: sunmountain.gif 2011 SunMountain C-130

Pro V1x for me. I spin the regular Pro V1 waaaaayyyyy to much and have a real hard time controlling it with my short irons. With a full wedge off the fairway, a Pro V1x back up about 5 feet from where it hit on the green. A Pro V1 I have had spin all the way off the green.

Agreed, the ProV1 spins too much for me, the ProV1x is the perfect all around ball for my game

yea I just played a full 18 with the prov1x. I like it much better. Doesnt brown up, goes longer and straighter than the prov1, feels good off the putter and still spins and stops great. its like the perfect ball that I have found so far. The others I have used are either too soft or to hard and wont spin at all.

Personally I use prov1s as they spin more and I am fairly long off the tee anyway. It really depends on what you feel more comfortable with

yea I just played a full 18 with the prov1x. I like it much better. Doesnt brown up, goes longer and straighter than the prov1, feels good off the putter and still spins and stops great. its like the perfect ball that I have found so far. The others I have used are either too soft or to hard and wont spin at all.

What is 'brown up'?

Note: This thread is 5053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!