IGNORED

Anyone else pumped for Tiger vs. AK tomorrow?

BigBoy
Note: This thread is 5425 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

AK is my favorite player but hes not looking exactly sharp today. Wayward drives, sloppy layups, and two 3 putts already

Nike SQ 460 9.5 Stiff
Nike SQ 3 Wood 15* Stiff
Titleist 585H 19* DG S300
Mizuno MP33 3-PW DG S300
Bob Vokey 54.10* & 60.04*Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

Why does he keep dropping his clubs? Doing it once in a while on a terrible shot is OK, but for every shot that goes left? Come on. He's not focused. Like that last 3-putt. His par putt was simply a bad shot.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm wondering something. Next time this event is held at Congressional, will the 11th be a par-5, in honor of the host?

Easiest fairway to hit, hardest green to hit.

Tiger played in +5 for the week, tied for his worst hole for a week in a non-major.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Yeah, that's pretty sick, the hole's been nagging him all week long.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

So far Tiger is showing why is the #1 in the world and Anthony is not. Of course, nobody expected Mr. Mahan to go OFF!

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

So far Tiger is showing why is the #1 in the world and Anthony is not. Of course, nobody expected Mr. Mahan to go OFF!

The ink hadn't dried on the course record form yet, and it's been tied. Someone pointed out that a 62 today is a shot or two better than the 62 from Thursday.

The duel between Tiger and AK isn't quite my memory of the duel of Tiger and Rocco, but it's exciting nonetheless. Especially with a minimum winning score out there now.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Well, that was exciting! May we have many more duels between these two.

-- Michael | My swing! 

well i thoroughly enjoyed that (despite wanting AK to tear it up), but thats big time convinced me into the tiger factor! it was exciting but i think that AK would have had a better go at it if he hadnt been in the same group as tiger, i mean he 3-putted 3 times today having not 3 putted in over 160 holes at one point earlier this week, thats what pressure does to you!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Another great example of how much Tiger has contributed to the helping people and kids with his charity work. If I heard right, he will donate all his price money to charity.

yes AK didn't play great today. but at the same time he didn't just fall apart completely like so many others have. he was fighting his swing some and just kept working and hung around.

In the bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 and 5 wood: Steelhead III
3-PW: i3 oversizegap wedge: slingshotSW: i3 bladePutter: Dual Force Rossie IIBall: tour i

I wanted AK but how can you not love Tiger. He really went out of his way for the military in this event. Real human when he fist touched the private in the wheel chair on the way to the 18th. The military also got in free and they had their own tent with free food and drinks. A great way to honor our guys and his Dad.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

another must make 20 footer for the tourney on 16, and he just crams it in the hole - it is cliche and boring on the surface, but just so incredible at the same time - its really, really unbeleivable -
In the bag:
Driver - FT-9 10* Stock Stiff Fujikura
3Wood - X 3W Stock Stiff Callaway Graphite Shaft
Hybrids - X Hybrids 21*, 24*, 27* uniflex steel shaft
Irons - X-22 irons 6-PW uniflex steel shaftWedges - X Forged Chrome Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Tour ix or TP...

Is this coming on again on the Golf Channel or something? I saw Tiger + AK play the 5th hole but that was it...would love to watch it...

final round on the golf channel now. but tiger and ak dont go off for a little bit still

In the bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 and 5 wood: Steelhead III
3-PW: i3 oversizegap wedge: slingshotSW: i3 bladePutter: Dual Force Rossie IIBall: tour i

Funny, 10 years ago I didn't really care for Tiger. I think it was just a result of overkill and over exposure for so many years, it was never anything specific with him. I must say though, having watched him the past few years, being a husband, a father, losing his father and the dedication he has to his craft I have a lot of respect for him and he is one of the few athletes that I would feel comfortable pointing to and saying to my kid "Now that's how you should conduct yourself", not just as an athlete but as a man.

That said, I think it would be great if Tiger had a younger rival. It would be great for the fans, great for the tour, and I think in the end, great for Tiger's legacy. I hope it pans out, but then again we've seen many fall short of the challenge.

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction." Ty Webb, Golf Philosopher

the fact that two guys threw out 62s and couldnt quite take it shows so much about tiger...

Colin P.

That said, I think it would be great if Tiger had a younger rival.

I think it would be a nice touch if the rival was a loose cannon type too - like the stories I've heard about Walter Hagan, a little crass, womanizer, who didn't always say the right things -

I doubt that type will ever emerge, because with all the sponsor money available a person would have to be a moron not to be to have a squeaky clean image - but it would be an awesome i've probably watched too many movies
In the bag:
Driver - FT-9 10* Stock Stiff Fujikura
3Wood - X 3W Stock Stiff Callaway Graphite Shaft
Hybrids - X Hybrids 21*, 24*, 27* uniflex steel shaft
Irons - X-22 irons 6-PW uniflex steel shaftWedges - X Forged Chrome Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Tour ix or TP...

Note: This thread is 5425 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!