IGNORED

My Slicing Is Terible

Note: This thread is 5404 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've had on-and-off slicing whoas for a while know.

From your video, it looks like you're starting your swing by moving your arms, then rotating your wrists. So your arms start moving before your wrists do.

For me, one of the things that's helped me was to bring the clubhead around farther (like other's have said, that was definitely a help to me), and to start my swing with my wrists, rather than arms. Not by much, but instead of starting my arms a split-second before my wrists, I'd start my wrists a split-second before my arms.

I made this decision after noting that sometimes I wouldn't just slice, but I'd actually hit the ball straight and to the right (I'm right-handed), leading me to conclude that I had an open clubface too often. Starting my wrist rotation first helped me eliminate the advantage my hands had over the club head in the race to the bottom of the swing and get them properly aligned at contact.

Those are just two things that helped, and bear in mind I still slice. But when I hit a run of straight hits, those are definitely two things that I'm doing well.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

i had a horrible slice -- very very bad
using a set of short videos i found on youtube helped me - i hit my 3 wood straight as an arrow now - still slice my driver a little bit so i stopped hitting it

i don't know how good the video is in general but it did help me

search "slice" and "1 of 7" and it will pull up the vids.....hope it helps

in my bag right now -- working on upgrading

G5 10.5* driver
Sumo2 15* 3wood
everything else - XL series ($199 set)next step is a putter..........then irons

Have you checked your grip? On your video, the hands look very strange. Almost like the club is sitting way up in the palm of your hands and that they don't have any connection. Are you using a baseball grip by any chance?

Also, a few tips on your filming. Filming behind you is not necessary, you don't see much there. What you want is front view and down the line. If you can, try to get the full picture, bottom of the video showing your ball. When setting up the camera, have it straight in front of you or when down the line, parallell with your hips. Set it at waist height any aiming parallell with the ground.

Here's a few Youtube-videos you can use as reference. Copy paste the video code.

wWRSF9bzs7A and 7Yc9_HpBol4

Don't use the swing as reference btw, I know it's not good, just the camera work. That is of course a better camera, but with proper set up, yours is better than nothing. Those videos are too dark also. You want the sun behind the camera, shining on the body so you get the best video.

Being pretty new to the game of golf, there are lots of things to work on. From your videos I would suggest you get a couple of lessons. Many courses have lessons with 10-15 people at the same time, teaching the basics of the swing. You may've had or be taking lessons for all I know, but if you don't, I recommend you do. If you don't have any in your area, getting help from a better player or looking at swing vision videos on Youtube is better than nothing.

Another thing, try to swing slower. The faster and harder you try to swing, the worse it goes. If you develop a swing where you are trying to kill the ball and play with it for some years, dialing it down to 80% can be a challenge, you are better off doing so in the first place. Once your swing gets better you can speed it up again if needed. Have in mind that most of the distance comes from a good impact, meaning you hit the ball on the sweet spot, and release with the hands. Holding off the release is one of the most common causes of a slice. Your grip may also contribute to it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OMG this stuff worked alot!!! it still has a slight curve but now its not basicly straight to the right I LOVE YOU ALL!!

*Chaparral High School Golf Team*
Bag
r7 425 Driver
Burner 3 Wood
Synchron Stainless 7 Wood (thing saves me every time) RAC 3-9 Irons TOUR 60° Lob Wedge Wedgeand 6600 DFX PutterHome Courses:Wild Horse

That'll be $150 haha. Jp dude glad it worked. Keep practicing it won't get better unless you keep at it.

*Former High School Golfer*
*Playing at Cabrillo College starting Fall 2009*
* Taylormade R7 460 10.5 degree with ProForce V2 stiff shaft cut to 42"*
* Taylormade R7 TP 15 degree 5 wood
* Taylormade R7 TP 18 degree hybrid** Titleist AP2 3-PW w/ Project X 6.0** Titleist Vokey Design 52.10...

lol how about an e-hug LOL
yah iam defiantly going to get this thing going straight soon

*Chaparral High School Golf Team*
Bag
r7 425 Driver
Burner 3 Wood
Synchron Stainless 7 Wood (thing saves me every time) RAC 3-9 Irons TOUR 60° Lob Wedge Wedgeand 6600 DFX PutterHome Courses:Wild Horse

Note: This thread is 5404 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!